PDA

View Full Version : Who will manage the Sox

A.T. Money
05-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Time for a little speculation here. Who do you think has the best chance of becoming Jerry Manuel's successor?

I think I made a very interesting list...some names maybe you wouldn't expect.

A.T. Money
05-28-2003, 01:59 PM
I pick Bobby V. It probably won't happen, but I think it should. He's the type of guy that will get in your face, and make you a better ballplayer. Backman is the same way, but Valentine knows what it takes to take a team to the playoffs.

A.T. Money
05-28-2003, 02:02 PM
The more I look at Fisk...the more I think about changing my vote. Think about what Fisk could do for our pitchers!!! He would make Johnny "Corpseball" Garland a MAN!

kermittheefrog
05-28-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm going with the comedy Tom Gamboa option.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I'm going with the comedy Tom Gamboa option.

Hey Kermie, do you know if Gamboa works cheap? That's the primary qualification for the job, you know.

:selljerry

thecell
05-28-2003, 02:17 PM
I'd love to see Pudge manage...to bad it will never happen under the Reinsdorfian Regime.

Hangar18
05-28-2003, 02:23 PM
its going to be Backman, hes Cheap. I know that FISK and Leyland WONT be asked here. Reinsdorf will simply "Practice What You Preach" and not hire them, too expensive. Asking those 2 to come back would mean Jerry Reinsdorf would have to
"Pay the Burned Bridge Toll" which is significantly HIGHER than if JR had just behaved himself and did the right thing regarding those two. Jerry jerry jerry, will You ever learn?

Mediocrity
05-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Backman, though I still want to see Chris Chambliss in a Sox uniform.

Foulke You
05-28-2003, 05:51 PM
What is Davey Johnson up to these days?

soxruleEP
05-28-2003, 05:56 PM
What about Phil Garner? He did good jobs with terrible teams. The Sox have more talent than either his Brewer or Tiger teams had.

LuvSox
05-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
What about Phil Garner? He did good jobs with terrible teams. The Sox have more talent than either his Brewer or Tiger teams had.

Ever notice Garner's teams were always in fights. He's a piece of ****, along with his buddy Mansolino.

kermittheefrog
05-28-2003, 09:05 PM
The Sox already blew what would have been their best option. That would have been firing Manuel in the offseason and hiring Buck Showalter. I don't know if Backman is the right guy for the job but I've heard he's a nut job.

Daver
05-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
The Sox already blew what would have been their best option. That would have been firing Manuel in the offseason and hiring Buck Showalter. I don't know if Backman is the right guy for the job but I've heard he's a nut job.

He is a nut job,in a Lee Elia type way,the next manager for this team is already on the payroll anyway.

Tragg
05-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by daver
He is a nut job,in a Lee Elia type way,the next manager for this team is already on the payroll anyway.

Well, don't leave us hanging. That would be??

Daver
05-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Well, don't leave us hanging. That would be??

The same guy that has managed for the Sox minor league system for five years,at various levels,but for some reason is overseeing extended ST this year,and not managing anywhere.He also has MLB experience.

GASHWOUND
05-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Time for a little speculation here. Who do you think has the best chance of becoming Jerry Manuel's successor?

I think I made a very interesting list...some names maybe you wouldn't expect.

Bring back Bevington!!!