PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle Avg vs

Dadawg_77
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know the avg of ball put into play when Mark is pitching, and what the number was last two years? Is Mark's just a streak of bad luck, meaning he'll come back strong later this year or next year, or is it something more troublesome.

kermittheefrog
05-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Does anyone know the avg of ball put into play when Mark is pitching, and what the number was last two years? Is Mark's just a streak of bad luck, meaning he'll come back strong later this year or next year, or is it something more troublesome.

It looks like something more troublesome to me. He's not doing anything as well as he has in the past. More walks, more home runs, less strikeouts and more hits on balls in play. He's getting rocked and I hope it's not a serious injury.

Dadawg_77
05-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
It looks like something more troublesome to me. He's not doing anything as well as he has in the past. More walks, more home runs, less strikeouts and more hits on balls in play. He's getting rocked and I hope it's not a serious injury.

The homers look about on par with what he has done in the past. He has allowed 9 HR and with a about a third of the season finished, that would project to roughly 27. Last year he gave up 26. His Ks are down and walks are up which isn't a good sign. Avg on Ball hit into play is basically a measure of luck, so he is having more bad luck this year the in the past. If all that is killing him the avg of balls hit into play then I am not to worried about it as but the lack of Ks does cause some worry.

kermittheefrog
05-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The homers look about on par with what he has done in the past. He has allowed 9 HR and with a about a third of the season finished, that would project to roughly 27. Last year he gave up 26. His Ks are down and walks are up which isn't a good sign. Avg on Ball hit into play is basically a measure of luck, so he is having more bad luck this year the in the past. If all that is killing him the avg of balls hit into play then I am not to worried about it as but the lack of Ks does cause some worry.

ESPN has him projected to pitch 5 fewer innings than last year and allow 4 more homers. His K & BB numbers look horrible. Everything he has control over he's doing poorly. And I wouldn't dismiss average on balls in play entirely as luck even with Voros McCracken's research. It seems to me a lot more research needs to be done in that area.