PDA

View Full Version : Is it really still early Paulie?

Jerko
05-28-2003, 12:48 AM
We're 7.5 games behind Minnesota.
We have 13 games left against Minnesota.

Here's how bad it really is for the muckety mucks in charge that say "it's early" :angry: :angry: , or the idiots that say "well, we have 110 games left to make up 6" :walnuts

Let's pretend we change the schedule so the LAST 13 games of the year are vs. Minn. (Joke #1)

Let's pretend from now until those last 13 games, we play even with them, even though they played many more good teams than we have already. (Joke #2)

So, that means going into the final 13 head to head games with them, obviously we would still be 7.5 out.

IF IF IF all those things happen, all Minnesota would have to do to win the division is beat us 3 OF 13 TIMES! That would put them 10.5 up with 10 to go. Is it still early Williams? Reinsdork? Jer? Paulie? I think not. That's not even counting the fact that Min is already done with the Yankees and Red Sox who kicked thier butts, and have already handled Oak and SEA, who kicked ours. Oh, but when we start hitting, watch out above. My A$$ Manuel, shut the heck up and quit insulting us.

jeremyb1
05-28-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
We're 7.5 games behind Minnesota.
We have 13 games left against Minnesota.

Here's how bad it really is for the muckety mucks in charge that say "it's early" :angry: :angry: , or the idiots that say "well, we have 110 games left to make up 6" :walnuts

Let's pretend we change the schedule so the LAST 13 games of the year are vs. Minn. (Joke #1)

Let's pretend from now until those last 13 games, we play even with them, even though they played many more good teams than we have already. (Joke #2)

So, that means going into the final 13 head to head games with them, obviously we would still be 7.5 out.

IF IF IF all those things happen, all Minnesota would have to do to win the division is beat us 3 OF 13 TIMES! That would put them 10.5 up with 10 to go. Is it still early Williams? Reinsdork? Jer? Paulie? I think not. That's not even counting the fact that Min is already done with the Yankees and Red Sox who kicked thier butts, and have already handled Oak and SEA, who kicked ours. Oh, but when we start hitting, watch out above. My A$$ Manuel, shut the heck up and quit insulting us.

as i previously stated in other threads, i still feel like the team's adversary is itself moreso than minnesota. for that reason i tend to look at how close to .500 we are more than how far behind minnesota we are. as long as the twins don't pull 12+ games ahead if we can find our way to .500 by the allstar break we're still not out of it. the problem is we don't seem to be on the up and up so keeping things respectable seems unlikely.

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
the problem is we don't seem to be on the up and up so keeping things respectable seems unlikely. What does "we don't seem to be on the up and up" mean? Please learn how to use your shift key.

Twins8791
05-28-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
That's not even counting the fact that Min is already done with the Yankees and Red Sox who kicked thier butts...
Half right. Against the Yanks, 0-7. Red Sox, 4-2.