PDA

View Full Version : Are you tired of ranting over the mounting losses?

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 11:34 PM
I have. What can I say that hasn't been already said? They can fire JM or keep JM. It won't change a damn thing. The only way for bona fide positive change to occur is for new ownership to come in. Meanwhile, we're stuck in Reinsdorfian Hell.

MHOUSE
05-28-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm tired of complaining. I just watch now and hope that something is done to make changes to this team and organization. There's nothing left to say that I or someone else on the board hasn't all ready said. So it's just watch and wait and hope for the best and look for SOME positives. That where I'm at.

jeremyb1
05-28-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I have. What can I say that hasn't been already said? They can fire JM or keep JM. It won't change a damn thing. The only way for bona fide positive change to occur is for new ownership to come in. Meanwhile, we're stuck in Reinsdorfian Hell.

personally i don't really see how the ownership has had any effect on our success this season unless you want to argue that the team is cursed or jr is so terrible, his presence is felt by the team and leads them to underacheive.

would we be better if we had a 100 million dollar payroll? of course but nearly everyone on this board picked the team to win 90 games in spring training. clearly the team is underachieving. i'm not really sure who you can blame at this point. i don't believe the players are giving less than their full effort, i don't believe a different manager is going to completely change the team's approach resulting in a complete 180.

MRKARNO
05-28-2003, 08:25 AM

I'm not tired of the ranting, I'm tired of the losses

lowesox
05-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
personally i don't really see how the ownership has had any effect on our success this season unless you want to argue that the team is cursed or jr is so terrible, his presence is felt by the team and leads them to underacheive.

would we be better if we had a 100 million dollar payroll? of course but nearly everyone on this board picked the team to win 90 games in spring training. clearly the team is underachieving. i'm not really sure who you can blame at this point. i don't believe the players are giving less than their full effort, i don't believe a different manager is going to completely change the team's approach resulting in a complete 180.

Changing the manager may or may not make a difference in the win-loss column. But what it certainly does is show the fans that management is able to identify problems and fix them. This is a talent that KW obviously doesn't have. And here's what hurts: until we have a GM that can do this, we'll never win.

SoxxoS
05-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Changing the manager may or may not make a difference in the win-loss column. But what it certainly does is show the fans that management is able to identify problems and fix them. This is a talent that KW obviously doesn't have. And here's what hurts: until we have a GM that can do this, we'll never win.

Abosolutely.

Dan H
05-28-2003, 12:20 PM

I agree that the ownership either needs to change or change its thinking. I don't see now anyone can say the ownership is not responsible. They assembled this team; they are sitting on their hands doing nothing as the Sox lose and the Twins win. No, I don't want an owner who just throws money around. But if you don't pay the big player salaries, you will pay somewhere else. You need competent people in your organization at every level and those people cost money. But every time we turn around a rookie manager or GM is being hired. Cheapness doesn't win.

Yes, the Sox are underachieving. But you have to do one of two things: Either you find a way to motivate them or you trade them. But you have to do something. Does anyone think it is still early?

ChiSoxBobette
05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
I have to agree with you having a winning team means fans need an owner of thier team that wants to win & Reinsdorf does'nt seem to care if the Sox win or loose. Now that the writing is on the wall about this years team I guess I'll just be happy that I'm able to afford season tickets to my favorite team the White Sox(even though it kills me that my money go's to JR)and this year be able to see the All-Star game two things my father a die-hard White Sox fan and flub hater was never able to do. So for the rest of this year win or loose I'll support my White Sox and HOPE that JR sells to someone who really wants to be an owner of a world series winning team. This year as in the last 3 our playoofs/world series games will be with the hated flubs I just hope this team sees that we as fans at least deserve to see them slap the flubs around.

GO WHITE SOX!

harwar
05-28-2003, 01:17 PM
The only way for bona fide positive change to occur is for new ownership to come in. Meanwhile, we're stuck in Reinsdorfian Hell.

What we have here,is exactly what JR wanted to build.Its a well-known fact that hes' bored with pitching & defensive teams.He has said for many years now that he wants to build a White Sox team that offense,offense,& more offense.Well,this team is offensive to any and all White Sox fans.

The entire organization is tilted this way.Anyone who can mash the ball is on the fast track to the majors.Thats why we have a lineup of DHs who can't play defense and have only a vague idea of how baseball is supposed to be played.

I wonder if Ken Williams knows baseball or not.How would we ever know if hes' just putting together what JR wants against his better judgement.Bad base-running & bad defense are what the White Sox are known for.

Reinsdorf has made fun of the Twins org. for years now,but that is exactly the kind of team that i wish we had.Even the Brewers & the D Rays are more fun to watch than our White Sox.I have MLB extra-innings,and since my retirement i watch a lot of baseball,so i compare the teams quite a bit.

Since its still May and the White Sox are sinking like a stone in the ocean,i wonder what JR is going to do.Comiskey(thats right)Park will be empty all year.Will he sell?I only wish that he would hire someone who knows how to build a winner and leave that guy the f#ck alone to do his job.