PDA

View Full Version : My New Theory

TornLabrum
05-27-2003, 10:39 PM
With the rather bizarre lineup Manuel used tonight, I've developed a new theory. Gen. Disarray knows that his job is secure as long as The Chairman controls the pursestrings, so he's just daring Prof. Chaos to fire him. Naturally the professor can't do it because The Chairman won't let him. So Disarray just keeps sending out bizarre lineups, keeps trotting out Rick White for his thrice-weekly shellings, etc.

This is Disarray's way of driving home the point with Chaos that he's been saddled with the world's first zero-dimensional baseball club.

How else do you explain this ****?

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Murphy's Law

WinningUgly!
05-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

How else do you explain this ****?

I can't so I'll agree. :D:

At this point, I'm expecting to see Jerry Manuel pencil his own name in the starting lineup. A lifetime .200 hitter, he might as well bat 3rd.

TornLabrum
05-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Murphy's Law

Can't be. These are self-inflicted wounds.

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 10:51 PM
We need to make a new murphy's law based on the sox' season so far

TornLabrum
05-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
We need to make a new murphy's law based on the sox' season so far

Well, there's always H. Vickery's law (as quoted in the WSI dictionary): The metaphysical truth that "whenever something good begins to happen for the Sox, disaster is about to occur".

THE_HOOTER
05-27-2003, 11:02 PM
My belief is Manuel wants out, and wants his paycheck as well.

Even though any change right now isnt necessarily the worst idea, starting Rios at DH and batting third is an obvious ploy of some kind.

With Graffy, Konerko, and Thomas on the bench this move makes absolutely no sense-unless you have money on the Jays.

Or if you are trying to piss someone off, or get fired with full pay.

TornLabrum
05-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
My belief is Manuel wants out, and wants his paycheck as well.

Even though any change right now isnt necessarily the worst idea, starting Rios at DH and batting third is an obvious ploy of some kind.

With Graffy, Konerko, and Thomas on the bench this move makes absolutely no sense-unless you have money on the Jays.

Or if you are trying to piss someone off, or get fired with full pay.

If I even suggested those moves I'd probably find myself loaded up with Haldol and Thorazine before I knew what was happening to me.

duke of dorwood
05-27-2003, 11:10 PM
:ohno

The games are the best medication

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Maybe Kenny is telling Jerry to showcase Rios and Daubach for some future blockbuster trade the Sox GM is working on--probably with Beane and the A's!

:KW
"Okay Billy, let's go over this one more time. You get Buehrle and Ordonez, and I get to keep Daubach and Rios. Is it a deal?"

MHOUSE
05-28-2003, 12:25 AM
It's kind of risky to play Daubach if you're showcasing him for a trade! :D: Why is Rios batting 3rd? I mean he was hot earlier in the season, but by now the Sox cold bat has caught up to him. Has he done anything to warrant batting where your "best" hitter should be? Hmmmm....JM IS A MORON!

xil357
05-28-2003, 08:57 AM
... but it is the so-called "Riley's Corollary" to Murphy's Law, which simply states, "Murphy was an optimist."