PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel jolly during AM 1000 post game conference

captain54
08-19-2001, 10:36 PM
Jerry Manuel was all yuks and jokes during the post game radio conference following the A's sweep of the Sox.....

He thought it was funny that he only seems to get tossed when the Sox where the vintage 1917 uniforms on Sunday..he was cracking himself up and was all giggly and laughing...

this is after another loss filled with bad defense and horrible relief pitching.....does he think this is joke, or basically no big deal??

Even without Frank and with all the injuries this division was winnable this year...take away the mental mistakes and the crappy defense and we're neck and neck with Cleveland....

If I was the manager I'd have been PISSED!!

What the hell is going on here??

Bmr31
08-19-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by captain54
Jerry Manuel was all yuks and jokes during the post game radio conference following the A's sweep of the Sox.....

He thought it was funny that he only seems to get tossed when the Sox where the vintage 1917 uniforms on Sunday..he was cracking himself up and was all giggly and laughing...

this is after another loss filled with bad defense and horrible relief pitching.....does he think this is joke, or basically no big deal??

Even without Frank and with all the injuries this division was winnable this year...take away the mental mistakes and the crappy defense and we're neck and neck with Cleveland....

If I was the manager I'd have been PISSED!!

What the hell is going on here??

having more talent might help too :)

Foulke You
08-20-2001, 12:32 PM
I think Manuel has given up on the 2001 campaign. Why else would anyone continue to put Embree and Ginter into key situations?