Borchard

balboner
05-27-2003, 06:13 PM
No way Sox score more than 3 runs tonight. Mark it down

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Rios batting third?????
What is going on here?

I think that the only one who doesnt think that Jerry Manuel is getting fired is Kenny WIlliams. Even JM thinks that he's about to be fired it looks

Edit: Got beaten to the punch delete this thread and join it to the end of the other one

LuvSox
05-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Nice lineup JM. Jeezzzzzzzzzzzz.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Jerry ought to go with dawg's lineup. Why on Earth would he think playing Daubach and Rios would solve our offensive slump? He's got Thomas and Graffy wasting on the bench.

Un-bee-lee-bubble.

:jerry
"I haven't had a clue since April, 2001."

Hullett_Fan
05-27-2003, 06:36 PM
I do like Lee batting 2nd and Valentin 7th. I also like that Paul "Automatic Out" Konerko's on the bench. But I don't like Frank on the bench and Rios at DH. Dumb

balboner
05-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Very slow release by Jose on that infield hit. Sox pitchers give up more hits on 2 strike pitches than any other team I've seen in a long time.

Bisco Stu
05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Congrats, Joe B on your first HR this year. May it be the first of many.

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 06:49 PM
He looks up! YOU CAN PUT ON THE BOR(CHAR)D YES!

8 men out and then there's Joe Borchard

Daver
05-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
He looks up! YOU CAN PUT ON THE BOR(CHAR)D YES!

8 men out and then there's Joe Borchard

Perhaps people will start to understand why his nickname is LTP.

balboner
05-27-2003, 06:56 PM
I sure am glad that Rios is batting 3rd so he could hit into a DP on the first pitch. They can let Rios and his poor attitude go when they get rid of Rick White.

stingo
05-27-2003, 06:57 PM
I've never heard Rooney so jacked up before.

He's calling routine sox defensive plays made like they're the greatest thing ever.

Obviously, doing his level best to inject a little excitement, no matter how artificial, into this ongoing fiasco.

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Now that we're losing

:takeittochat

balboner
05-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Jimenez lack of range continues to hurt the Sox a lot. Also, wouldnt it be nice to get a call from an umpire once this year? Every close call is going to the opposition.

Tavarin
05-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Now that we're losing

:takeittochat

That's Davers job :)

and yeah, it seems like the Sox can't get a call at all this year

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 08:20 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just a general reaction to the sox' play thus far this series

Brian26
05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
I've never heard Hawk so disgusted.

Unfortunately, this team is done. Stick a fork in them.

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Jerry Watch 5/27/03 has officialy begun

THE_HOOTER
05-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I know its been said here many times, I just cannot believe the manager still has his job.

This is exactly the type of team you hate-a bunch of underacheiving paycheck players.

Maybe most of the players are trying their best, but the constant errors and missing cut off men is unbelievable.

They almost look like they had no spring training.

Bartolo Colon aint worth the money he's making either. Konerko and Koch are flat out robbing the bank, and who in the hell is coming up with these lineups?????

There is no doubt in my mind Manuel is trying to get fired-he couldn't be this stupid.

MRKARNO
05-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
I know its been said here many times, I just cannot believe the manager still has his job.

This is exactly the type of team you hate-a bunch of underacheiving paycheck players.

Maybe most of the players are trying their best, but the constant errors and missing cut off men is unbelievable.

They almost look like they had no spring training.

Bartolo Colon aint worth the money he's making either. Konerko and Koch are flat out robbing the bank, and who in the hell is coming up with these lineups?????

There is no doubt in my mind Manuel is trying to get fired-he couldn't be this stupid.

No manager looking to save his job would be so desperate as to put one of the worst hitters on the team, Rios, in the 3 hole and leave him in there in a desperate situation

Lip Man 1
05-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Look it up the Jerry Manuel watch began last month!

I was speaking with Billy Pierce today and we were talking about this outfit, I brought up the impression that it doesn't matter who the Sox trade for, sign as a free agent or hire, when they get to the South Side they're done.

I just think it's something about the franchise that depresses players and causes poor performances.

It starts with bad ownership, a depressing ballpark and a city that couldn't care less about what happens on the South Side. Players pick up on this and I think it effects their play, it may be unintentional but it happens all the same.

I think the Sox have to blow things up and start completely over like they did after the 1970 season. Piecemeal solutions simply have NOT worked here.

Lip

sox_fan_forever
05-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Reading this thread makes me happy that I missed tonight's game.

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Reading this thread makes me happy that I missed tonight's game.

Me too. I was at the Palos Park Village Council meeting tonight, and it was more exciting than yet another loss. Are we done? Yes. We have been since mid-2000.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Me too. I was at the Palos Park Village Council meeting tonight, and it was more exciting than yet another loss. Are we done? Yes. We have been since mid-2000.

Hey Viva, fill us in on that council meeting! I feel the three hours of my life I'll never get back from watching tonight's Sox game will somehow be reclaimed if I hear the latest news on the repavement plans for 127th Street. :smile:

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey Viva, fill us in on that council meeting! I feel the three hours of my life I'll never get back from watching tonight's Sox game will somehow be reclaimed if I hear the latest news on the repavement plans for 127th Street. :smile:

Since there was a lack of teal...Here you go, PHG. It's the agenda for tonight's meeting:

Palos Park Village Council Meeting Agenda (http://www.palospark.org/agendameeting.htm)

However, the coyote presentation did not take place.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Since there was a lack of teal...Here you go, PHG. It's the agenda for tonight's meeting:

Palos Park Village Council Meeting Agenda (http://www.palospark.org/agendameeting.htm)

However, the coyote presentation did not take place.

Cool. I'm guessing the coyote presentation has been rescheduled for a future council meeting? Hopefully I can attend--especially if the Sox are playing that night!

:gulp:

Daver
05-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Cool. I'm guessing the coyote presentation has been rescheduled for a future council meeting? Hopefully I can attend--especially if the Sox are playing that night!

The Coyote problem is a waste of time,and is being addressed by the IDNR.

I get to kill them on site,no weapon restriction either.

Bisco Stu
05-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I'll take a noble shamanic creature like a coyote over a bullet any day.

Viva, do you guys have zoning laws? Never understood that concept. "CONFORM!"

Enough politics. The White Sox sux.

Who's got my back, man???

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hey daver, don't spoil the ending for me! I'm looking forward to this Palos Park City Council coyote presentation. It promises to be 1000-times more entertaining than a Jon Garland start!

Daver
05-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey daver, don't spoil the ending for me! I'm looking forward to this Palos Park City Council coyote presentation. It promises to be 1000-times more entertaining than a Jon Garland start!

I'll loan you a .410, you can join the vermin killing fun.

I'm sticking with the Glock,I don't turn down the chance to improve my handgun hunting skills ever.

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by daver

Discharging firearms is prohibited in Palos Park. So residents cannot shoot them. Coyotes can be trapped during trapping season (September 1 to March 1), however. Coyotes are a bigger problem in Palos Park than other communities because of the Village's proxminity to Forest Preserves. They have come into people's yards and attacked pets, among other things.

And, PHG, the next Village Council meeting is expected to be Monday, June 9th, when the coyote presentation is expected to be made.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 10:55 PM
...Coyotes are a bigger problem in Palos Park than other communities because of the Village's proxminity to Forest Preserves. They have come into people's yards and attacked pets, among other things.

Great! Can we train one to bite Jon Garland, too? Just tell me where to drop him off. :cool:

:jon
"Nice doggie! Nice doggie! Owwwww!!!"

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Great! Can we train one to bite Jon Garland, too? Just tell me where to drop him off. :cool:

:jon
"Nice doggie! Nice doggie! Owwwww!!!"

Nice try. There haven't been any documented coyote attacks against humans in Illinois for the past 30 years.

Daver
05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Discharging firearms is prohibited in Palos Park. So residents cannot shoot them. Coyotes can be trapped during trapping season (September 1 to March 1), however. Coyotes are a bigger problem in Palos Park than other communities because of the Village's proxminity to Forest Preserves. They have come into people's yards and attacked pets, among other things.

I,and my fellow game wardens,can fire at vermin at will,we have a badge that gives us the right to do this.The problem is until this year Coyote's were not listed as vermin for the state of Illinios,because it has not become a problem until recently.Once the IDNR gets this problem solved you will be able to take matters into your own hands.Any community that has a law that does not allow firing a weapon to kill vermin has a problem with their upper government in the first place.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Nice try. There haven't been any documented coyote attacks against humans in Illinois for the past 30 years.

No problem. Maybe we can get Daver to bring back a wolf from Wisconsin on his next hunting trip. We'll let him loose in the Palos Heights Bakers Square parking lot. It shouldn't take but a few minutes for him to track down Garland's weenie ass. :smile:

Viva Magglio
05-27-2003, 11:04 PM
No problem. Maybe we can get Daver to bring back a wolf from Wisconsin on his next hunting trip. We'll let him loose in the Palos Heights Bakers Square parking lot. It shouldn't take but a few minutes for him to track down Garland's weenie ass. :smile:

Does Garland live in the Palos area? Of course, you know who lives in nearby Orland Park...

:jerry
Those coyotes better bring their "A" game if they want a piece of me.

Daver
05-27-2003, 11:05 PM

No way,Wisconsin pays a bounty on wolves,I'll take the ten bucks any day,the rest isn't worth the effort.

:)

Nellie_Fox
05-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I was speaking with Billy Pierce today and we were talking about this outfit, I brought up the impression that it doesn't matter who the Sox trade for, sign as a free agent or hire, when they get to the South Side they're done.

I just think it's something about the franchise that depresses players and causes poor performances.

It starts with bad ownership, a depressing ballpark and a city that couldn't care less about what happens on the South Side. Players pick up on this and I think it effects their play, it may be unintentional but it happens all the same.

I think the Sox have to blow things up and start completely over like they did after the 1970 season. Piecemeal solutions simply have NOT worked here. What was the point of telling us that you were talking to Billy Pierce? Nothing that follows that statement is his opinion, it's all yours. Is your opinion more valid because you were expressing it to Billy Pierce? So we have a combination of name dropping and somehow attempting to use his name to validate your opinion. Okay Lip. We're all impressed that you have Billy Pierce's phone number.

What is depressing about the ballpark for cryin' out loud? The playing surface is among the best in baseball (thank you Mr. Bossard), it's bright and airy. Oh, I know. Blue seats. No one can play well with blue seats around them. Except the Yankees. And the Twins. And probably a whole bunch more I can't think of right now. Speaking of the Twins, is there any place more depressing than the Metrodome? But they somehow manage to win.

LuvSox
05-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
What was the point of telling us that you were talking to Billy Pierce? Nothing that follows that statement is his opinion, it's all yours. Is your opinion more valid because you were expressing it to Billy Pierce? So we have a combination of name dropping and somehow attempting to use his name to validate your opinion. Okay Lip. We're all impressed that you have Billy Pierce's phone number.

What is depressing about the ballpark for cryin' out loud? The playing surface is among the best in baseball (thank you Mr. Bossard), it's bright and airy. Oh, I know. Blue seats. No one can play well with blue seats around them. Except the Yankees. And the Twins. And probably a whole bunch more I can't think of right now. Speaking of the Twins, is there any place more depressing than the Metrodome? But they somehow manage to win.

Very well said. Thank you.

Lip Man 1
05-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Nellie:

You are absolutly correct...my post was poorly composed and I apologize.

My comments came after Billy mentioned how in all his years of connection with the Sox he's never seen a team this bad in fundamentals or in pitching.

He feels ownership is wrong in thinking the way to win is with hitting (he's from the old school...) at the expense of everything else. That's why I made the comment about it doesn't seem to matter what the Sox do, it goes bad.

I happen to think part of it is because of all the baggage the franchise has had to tote around over the years. The players and more importantly the agents pick up on this and you see the results from year to year (in my opinion.) SOMETHING keeps killing the Sox every year and I think the problem goes much deeper then pessamistic fans.

Again I apologize for posting the way I did.

Lip