PDA

View Full Version : AL All star voting leaders

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-27-2003, 05:35 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030527&content_id=339413&vkey=allstar2003&fext=.jsp

nl isn't up yet, not really suprising but it's going to be annoying if bernie williams makes it. i bet hideki matsui will soon be in the top 3 since international balloting just started, players on the angels are also getting a lot of votes

Foulke You
05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
I'd like to see Loaiza and Maggs make the team this year. We have a good chance of having two stars on this year's team since we're the host. Even last year's dreadful Brewers squad got two of their players named. (Sexson and Hernandez) I can't think of anyone else on this Sox team that is really deserving.

MarkEdward
05-27-2003, 05:52 PM
So who's going to make it from our beloved White Sox?

Right now, I'd say Loaiza's almost a lock. Colon has an outside shot. Jiminez has an outside shot, but I don't think that he'll get past Soriano or Boone. Thomas has been very productive, but I don't think they'd take two DHs (Martinez is ahead of the Big Hurt). Magglio Ordonez should make it, just because there are no real strong candidates in right.

Hullett_Fan
05-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Loaiza and maybe Ordonez

We'll most likely have the same number of All-Stars as the mighty D-Rays, Tigers and Orioles....1....at our own ballpark.

Pathetic!

Hullett_Fan
05-27-2003, 06:51 PM
P.S.

I REALLY wish they'd take voting AWAY from the fans. It's ridiculous...

This new rule (WS home-field to team from league that wins AS game) gives Yankee fans another reason to stuff the ballot boxes.

Their thought process being: let our team earn home field advantage by putting all of them in the game.

IMO it would make more sense to have a better 3B like Glaus or Chavez and a better SS like A-Rod on the field to improve the chances...but Yankee fans are stupid (guess that's why they're Yankee fans!).

lowesox
05-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
P.S.

I REALLY wish they'd take voting AWAY from the fans. It's ridiculous...

This new rule (WS home-field to team from league that wins AS game) gives Yankee fans another reason to stuff the ballot boxes.

Their thought process being: let our team earn home field advantage by putting all of them in the game.

IMO it would make more sense to have a better 3B like Glaus or Chavez and a better SS like A-Rod on the field to improve the chances...but Yankee fans are stupid (guess that's why they're Yankee fans!).

Personally, I think none of the sox should be on this team. Loaiza has been great, but he's guilty by association.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Now that the outcome of the All-Star game is meaningful, I'm 100 percent in favor of doing away with the rule that says every team must have at least one representative.

They can start with the Sox. :angry:

Thunderstruck30
05-28-2003, 06:09 PM
How many starters and how many relievers make the team?