PDA

View Full Version : jeremy reed

jeremyb1
05-27-2003, 12:22 PM
i imagine most people have taken note of the fact that jeremy reed, our second round pick from last season, is currently tearing up the carolina league hitting .340. however, i for one had failed to realize that he is also 21 of 24 in stolen base attempts after just 47 games and that he has walked 34 times for a .452 obp. incredible.

DirtySouthsider
05-27-2003, 12:34 PM
...so where does he play???

Iguana775
05-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
...so where does he play???

On the field.

SoxxoS
05-27-2003, 01:23 PM
He is a center fielder.

duke of dorwood
05-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Dont you know, there are scripted plans to let all good prospects rot in the minors, except Willie Harris?

Iguana775
05-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
He is a center fielder.

daver or randar or someone that knows the minors....what's up with him?

Randar68
05-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
daver or randar or someone that knows the minors....what's up with him?

College player with some speed, but not a blazer. He has good instinct on the basepaths that allows him to have a good stolen base percentage, but I don't know if his speed and those instinct will completely translate to the major league level. His patience at the plate does not come as a surprise, as that was one of his strong points in college.

I was really questioning that pick last year, but he has impressed so far (I thought he would have been there for their next pick, but they might not have been willing to take that gamble, and he was an easy sign).

He should be promoted ASAP (Ruddy Yan too)

Hangar18
05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
I heard someone mention this guys name before. Man, so we do have a Legitimate CF prospect.

Iguana775
05-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
College player with some speed, but not a blazer. He has good instinct on the basepaths that allows him to have a good stolen base percentage, but I don't know if his speed and those instinct will completely translate to the major league level. His patience at the plate does not come as a surprise, as that was one of his strong points in college.

I was really questioning that pick last year, but he has impressed so far (I thought he would have been there for their next pick, but they might not have been willing to take that gamble, and he was an easy sign).

He should be promoted ASAP (Ruddy Yan too)

where in the minors is he at now?

edit: never mind, i found it. lol

Daver
05-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
where in the minors is he at now?

Winston-Salem,high A ball.

Birmingham could really use him,that team lacks talent.

Daver
05-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I heard someone mention this guys name before. Man, so we do have a Legitimate CF prospect.

More than one,Anthony Webster is tearing up low A ball in Kannapolis and is supposed to be a five tool player.

jeremyb1
05-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
More than one,Anthony Webster is tearing up low A ball in Kannapolis and is supposed to be a five tool player.

yep. sanders is the one that's really scary.