PDA

View Full Version : Go Mark...

MHOUSE
05-26-2003, 09:40 PM
...and work yourself a trade to St. Louis. Anything to get you out of a Sox uniform. You're better than to be pitching for this sorry excuse for a team. You haven't had your best stuff for most of the season, but anytime you've made your pitches the defense has woefully let you down. :angry: When you leave the Sox with a winnable ballgame, the bullpen piles on and the bats go silent. :angry: I'm sorry that you need to suffer through each start like you do. It sickens me to watch it. :whiner: I just hope you can jump ship before your confidence is completely shot.

You deserve better kid, trust me. :smile:

L 0-1 allows 2ER in 7.0IP, no offense
W 1-1 pitches 8 scoreless innings
W 2-1 2ER in 7.0IP again
ND leaves with lead, bullpen blows it, fans invade field
L 2-2 7ER in 4.1IP, gets shelled
L 2-3 struggles but gives up 3ER in 7.0IP, only 1 run of support
L 2-4 struggles 4ER over 6.0IP
L 2-5 only 2ER in 7.1IP, Jimenez drops 3-run popup
L 2-6 only goes 5 innings, Harris drops flyball
L 2-7 3.1IP, gets absolutely shelled
ND gives up 5ER in 6 innings, offense bails him out

Should be 5-4 at worst, if not 6-3 or 7-3. This kid is mostly hard luck and not pitching badly.

Tonight 6.0IP 5H 6R 2ER 2BB 1K
6th inning:
leadoff hit erased by DP....NOPE Tony G boots it
flyout would have ended inning, but Carlos loses it and run scores
walk and hit scores 2 more
groudout equals 4th out of inning, but Crede can't find bag and everyone still safe
groundout scores one, two outs
single scores one, luckily 6th run thrown out

So he should be up 3-1 with just one hit in the inning. Then up 5-1 after homerrun. However, leaves a winnable ballgame down by 3 and despite the bad luck, the offense comes within one run. Then White, Glover, and Sanders pile on 5 MORE RUNS! Can anything else go wrong for this guy? It pains me to watch him suffer.

Iguana775
05-26-2003, 10:13 PM
ok, *** is up with him? is he trying to get his ass kicked out of chicago?? right now, he needs to get his head out of his ass. or was the last 2 years a fluke?

1951Campbell
05-26-2003, 10:28 PM
ok, *** is up with him? is he trying to get his ass kicked out of chicago?? right now, he needs to get his head out of his ass. or was the last 2 years a fluke?

C'mon, Buerle is the best 2-8 pitcher ever. His run support has been cut in half since last year. He's just a hard-luck case this year.

Oh, and less tail, more chick. :smile:

WinningUgly!
05-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

He didn't pitch great tonight, but it was the fault of the guys behind him, who needed their heads outta their asses. Give any team 6 outs in an inning & you're gonna lose.

Iguana775
05-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
He didn't pitch great tonight, but it was the fault of the guys behind him, who needed their heads outta their asses. Give any team 6 outs in an inning & you're gonna lose.

this has been the damn excuse all year....the burly of the past 2 years would have been able to handle it. he is getting knocked around more than a 2-bit whore.

Nellie_Fox
05-27-2003, 12:26 AM
this has been the damn excuse all year....the burly of the past 2 years would have been able to handle it. he is getting knocked around more than a 2-bit whore. Did you even watch the game? How do you "handle" it when time after time you deliver the pitch that would get you out of the jam and end the inning, and the defense gets nothing; not a single out. What did you expect Buehrle to do, catch the flyball himself? Catch the double play two-hopper himself?

I haven't seen much of Buehrle's performances this year because of not getting many games here. However, the shelling at the Metrodome a couple of weeks ago, and this one tonight were both clearly the fault of the defense. Tonight, if
Graffanino makes the routine double play and Lee catches the flyball, and the inning is over.

The Sox were charged with four errors tonight, and that was generous. How does Crede not find the bag with his foot on a force play? It would not have been a close play, and he should have been anticipating getting to third on a grounder to short in that situation. How does Lee let the shot down the line get past him behind him for a triple?

To expect Buehrle to simply overcome defense that won't allow him to end the inning is out of line.

kermittheefrog
05-27-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
C'mon, Buerle is the best 2-8 pitcher ever. His run support has been cut in half since last year. He's just a hard-luck case this year.

Are you kidding? He has a 5.01 ERA. He is allowing way more baserunners and giving up more home runs than he ever has before. And he's not getting strike out either. There is absolutely nothing about Buehrle this year that says hard luck or lack of run support is his problem. He's getting killed. I hope he's trying to hide an injury or something because otherwise who knows whats wrong with him. And if he is trying to hide an injury he needs to fess up.

He's also lost a lot of velocity in the last couple years. I think he could be hiding an injury.

MHOUSE
05-27-2003, 08:15 AM
this has been the damn excuse all year....the burly of the past 2 years would have been able to handle it. he is getting knocked around more than a 2-bit whore.

I'll admit he got shelled at the metrodome and overall he hasn't been pitching his best stuff, but did you even watch last night? He retired 10 straight before the leadoff hit that inning. That's the Buehrle of old right there, always putting together strings of outs like that. Then he pitches a DP grounder that would have erased the hit, but it's booted. Then a flyout ends the inning, but Lee misplays it. Inning over, but it's not. Then Crede can't even step on the bag to get ONE out. Tell me how this is Mark's fault and how many times he has to pitch over his teammate's mistakes in an inning? When you give a team 5-6 outs in an inning, I don't care who is pitching, but he's going to get beat with defense like that.

Kilroy
05-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
How does Lee let the shot down the line get past him behind him for a triple?

In CLee's defense, the replays showed that he lost the ball for some reason. He covered the ground required, and was in position to make the play. But just as he was about to cacth the ball, you could see him stop reaching for the ball and then as the ball passed, he flinched and cowered a bit as if to not get hit in the face.

I don't know where he lost it, or if he's even saying he lost it, because I haven't read the papers yet. But that was the impression I got from seeing the replay. I didn't hear any of the commentary because I was cleaning and wasn't near the TV, I just peeked around the corner when I heard the Jays crowd cheer.

The other errors were terrible. Unlike in 2K, we can't play over those kinds of things this year.