PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Thread Thingy for 5-26-2003 Sox-Jays Game

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 07:22 PM
The chat room is open for business, and it's not that populated right now.

LuvSox
05-26-2003, 07:40 PM
How about the babe in the white blouse behind home plate, she makes me wanna watch despite Hawk's ramblings. :D:

Tragg
05-26-2003, 07:54 PM
you don't have a good team. We are and we don't.

The good news is that a shorstop and centerfielder would do wonders for this team; the bad news is that we've had these weaknesses for 5 years and kenny manuel refuses to address them with anything more than stopgap.

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 08:02 PM
I want to know why the hell we don't have infield practice every damn day. We do it usually once per week. Other teams that just happen to field the ball better than we do have daily infield practice, yet we do not. If it were up to me, their asses would be out there 162 times for infield practice.

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 08:05 PM
And now we're playing corpseball. 0-14 road trip, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balboner
05-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Should we be mad at Crede for hitting the homer yesterday that might have saved Manuel's job? Also, is Tony G. the worst fielding utilityman in baseball?

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Should we be mad at Crede for hitting the homer yesterday that might have saved Manuel's job? Also, is Tony G. the worst fielding utilityman in baseball?

Tony G. may be that bad, but the person he is filling in for tonight is probably the worst starting fielding shortstop in baseball.

humansushi
05-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Has anyone heard of the OTHER Matsui from Japan. Shortstop for the Seibu Lions? He is compared to Ichiro and is now the number 1 player in Japan. He's outstanding defensively and becomes a free agent next year. Seems perfect for the Sox up the middle, and wouldn't hurt at the ticket window either, if you've seen what Sasaki and Ichiro brought to the Mariners.

Daver
05-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by humansushi
Has anyone heard of the OTHER Matsui from Japan. Shortstop for the Seibu Lions? He is compared to Ichiro and is now the number 1 player in Japan. He's outstanding defensively and becomes a free agent next year. Seems perfect for the Sox up the middle, and wouldn't hurt at the ticket window either, if you've seen what Sasaki and Ichiro brought to the Mariners.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

humansushi
05-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks, only hope I can contribute.

propaneman
05-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Nice going Rick! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Viva Magglio
Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but can someone explain to me why the hell that slob is on the hill? This, in my opinion, is a "fire the manager" mistake.

balboner
Will the Sox please release Rick White! He's been horrible. Another crappy acquisition by KW that's he is too stubborn to admit he screwed up on.

LuvSox
05-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks, only hope I can contribute.

Just do better than Rick White-wash please :D:

spanishwhite
05-26-2003, 09:07 PM

I believe that the other Matsui is a superstar and Japanese superstars tend to go to the coasts where the media giants are at. I believe that the typical players in the Japanese FA's are in the mix which means we wont be able to afford him if he does have pity for a team such as ours.

Tragg
05-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Didn't realize that this is where we are supposed to post our current game frustrations. Everything bad about the Sox appeared in this game. Just to comment on one - why is rick white on this baseball team?

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Didn't realize that this is where we are supposed to post our current game frustrations. Everything bad about the Sox appeared in this game. Just to comment on one - why is rick white on this baseball team?

:KW
What are you talking about, Tragg. Rick White is a great relief pitcher. Didn't you see him on the Cardinals last year?

:ohno
Who you crappin', Kenny?

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Wills (& Farmer?) on ESPN Radio 1000

"Me & Z" (Laurence Holmes & Dan Zampillo) on Sportsradio 670 the Score.

Expect a lot of venting from callers.

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Maybe KW will blow a gasket over this loss and fire JM on the rash.

Tragg
05-26-2003, 09:21 PM
That damn picture of kenny williams cracks me up every time I see it - where did yall find that one.

Daver
05-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Tragg,it saves a ton of disc space to have one thread about what is going on with the game as opposed to 25 threads with no replies.

:)

Tragg
05-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
Tragg,it saves a ton of disc space to have one thread about what is going on with the game as opposed to 25 threads with no replies.

:)

No complaints - it makes sense - just never realized yall had set this up before (just never noticed) and i rarely get to see the games so not much to comment on during the game anyway.

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 09:36 PM
6 behind Minnie; 4 behind K.C.

Leonidas
05-26-2003, 10:06 PM
I caught the first batter and then went to dinner, and I'm glad I didn't sit through this one. 4 Errors? Are they serious? How did this team win 5 of its first 6 series? This team is a clown show, feeding footage for those between inning blooper reels. I had a lot of hope, and I still have a miniscule particle left because I too was amazed in the summer of 2000 and believe that the South Side of Chicago is the chosen land of God. But unfortunately, and I know I may get some flak, I'm going to have to loosen my attention span for this team. I'm going from watch level of red, defcon 5, battlestations, to level yellow. I refuse to waste any more mental energy paying attention to each game hoping to see flashes of brilliance that wont happen. This team is a teaser, loosing enough games to look ridiculous and then pulling of a happy win to numb us all. I urge you all to relax, and if you are like myself and still are nuts you will just look online or on the TV for the game summary. Perhaps when the team wins a couple series in a row, or when Mark B becomes 3 and 13 then I may invest some time. Right now I'm at Northwestern defending my embarrasing homeland against a bunch of east coast Yankee and Red Sox yuppies. It's not worth it. I'm sorry everyone, I held out this entire way.

To close...I still hope for this team to catch fire. It would probably be a good feature of the summer for this team to take the lead in the central, but logically it just aint worth getting your head mixed up with mediocre performance. Trust me, it will help your brain relax if you don't put up expectations. Peace.

Lip Man 1
05-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Hal Vickery's latest column is entitled "laughingstock."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lip

chisox06
05-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Another pathetic performance by a truly pathetic team. When Cooper came out to talk to Buehrle you could tell he was pissed about the defense. The only positive about this one is that Paul Tracy threw out the first pitch.

SoxxoS
05-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Another pathetic performance by a truly pathetic team. When Cooper came out to talk to Buehrle you could tell he was pissed about the defense. The only positive about this one is that Paul Tracy threw out the first pitch.

And...Paul Konerko didn't hit into 1 double play all game! (Although, if Carlos would have gotten a single instead of a double to leadoff the inning, Konerko's two hopper to the SS would have been a double play, but we won't count that.)

siugrad25
05-27-2003, 12:30 AM
And to think I felt good about this game when it was 3-1!!! Buehrle was on track, Graf, Maggs got nice hits and Toronto's vaunted offense seemed quiet. I was sort of thinking how nice it would be if the Sox could shut down the Jays right after they swept the Yanks in the Bronx. Back in 2000, errors would hardly ever bit us in the butt, but now... I've never seen more of a train wreck. First Graff and then CLee, WHAT THE HELL!!! And nothing will be done about it, will it? I still think we have a good team (minus Rick White), but I'm a Sox fan and always try and remain optimistic. I'm stunned and to think we start interleague with trips to Arizona and red-hot L.A. next week... When people down here ask me about our Sox I don't know how to answer. I keep on waiting for the turnaround after a big win. Why oh why do I keep on torturing myself?