PDA

View Full Version : I think JM wants to be fired

gosox41
05-26-2003, 03:07 PM
It makes me hate JM tha much more. Sure JM can't swing the bat for players but if you're manager of a team and you habve two hitters that play the same position. One is hitting .357 against that pitcher in his career, the other .000? WHo do you start?

Well if you're JM, you start the one hitting .000 or Frank Thomas while sitting Paul Konerko. Why?? Let Pauli try to get his swing back against a pitcher he's had success with in the past.

I still don't understand whe C.Lee was buntign with two outs in the 9th. According to Downey he has 2300+ at bats in the ML and 3 sacrifice bunts. I'm all for catching the other team off guard, but be smart about it. Either JM called the bunt play, or after he saw Lee make an attempt to bunt he should have had the third base coach tell him to hit away..

Also any day the Sox want to get a rotation going in the bullpen is fine with me. Downey correctly points out that Marte is the 8th inning set up man and Koch (as crappy as he is) is the closer. So why bring in Wunsch. Sure he's pitching well this year, but I'd take Marte over Wunsch any day of the week.

The Sox were lucky to win yesterday. If it weren't for the 12th inning error, they may have never scored another run in the game. The blow opportunites in the 9th, 10th, and 11th.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Mariottie. JM must go ASAP. Go back to the home he's building in California. I'm all for the Wally Backman era starting. JM should have been canned after yesterday's game because it too the team 12 innings to outlast the Tigers. It's pathetic.

Bob

Viva Magglio
05-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Mariottie. JM must go ASAP. Go back to the home he's building in California. I'm all for the Wally Backman era starting. JM should have been canned after yesterday's game because it too the team 12 innings to outlast the Tigers. It's pathetic.

Bob

If JM were canned after yesterday's win, don't you think that would have set an horribly negative vibe in the clubhouse. With the ballclub in a happy mood after Crede's walk-off HR, firing JM would have had devestating psychological results because there would not have been such a big letdown. Had we lost that game, then it would have been safer to let JM go. But the win, if nothing else, bought JM time.

Kilroy
05-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
If JM were canned after yesterday's win, don't you think that would have set an horribly negative vibe in the clubhouse. With the ballclub in a happy mood after Crede's walk-off HR, firing JM would have had devestating psychological results because there would not have been such a big letdown. Had we lost that game, then it would have been safer to let JM go. But the win, if nothing else, bought JM time.

Actually, I disagree. Firing Manuel after that win may have been just the kind of bell ringer these under achieving players need. Whoop-de-frickin-doo! You lost 2 of 3 to the Tigers, and the one you won went 12 innings and you needed the Tigers help with an error to get the winning run in.

My brother and I had the conversation that Manuel was trying to get himself fired about a week or so ago. What else explains him continuing to run Rick White's sorry ass out there? Last night, he brings in his worst pitcher in a 3-1 game. Did he think that was a safe lead? I saw him in the pen and I was physically ill. He came in, first batter-- yard. He BLOWS. If Jerry didn't wanna get fired, he'd leave him on the bench unless there was at least a 5 run cushion.

Mammoo
05-27-2003, 10:37 AM
He certainly looked like a man who didn't give a **** while The Horse was stumbling around in left field last night. :angry:

Hangar18
05-27-2003, 11:13 AM
I think the pressure from the Fans is starting to wear on him.
He does look like hes going for broke with this team now, trying some crazy things out there. I like that, but wonder why he wasnt having Lee steal 3rd base before.....

white sox bill
05-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Ever watch when the camera pans the dugout, Jerry and Cooper look like a deer in the headlights (Daver ought to like that one). They have that glazed look its obvious they have no clue as to whats happening. When Nardi was pitching coach, him & Jerry looked even worse.

Manuel looks like the captain of the Titanic minutes after it hit...