PDA

View Full Version : Twins Real Deal

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 10:59 PM
The Twins took two of three in Oakland and two of three in Seattle. That is something we failed miserably to do, didn't we. I am not going to concede anything at this point at all, despite the malaise we're in. Yet, Minnesota is definitely the team to beat.

LuvSox
05-25-2003, 11:06 PM
I guess it is possible to turn things around. They didn't start off so great. We're next.

MetalliSox
05-25-2003, 11:09 PM
What an awesome AB between Guardado and Edgar in the 9th. I thought the ball was gone but nice grab by Mohr.

pudge
05-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I am not going to concede anything at this point at all, despite the malaise we're in. Yet, Minnesota is definitely the team to beat.

You're not conceding anything? The season is over Viva, deal and move on.

;)

Daver
05-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Yet, Minnesota is definitely the team to beat.

Minnesota was the team to beat before the season started,or has that slipped your mind while you are preoccupied with railing about the media bias towards the sCrUBS?

jeremyb1
05-26-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by daver
Minnesota was the team to beat before the season started,or has that slipped your mind while you are preoccupied with railing about the media bias towards the sCrUBS?

minnesota owes an incredible debt to their relief pitching. despite ridiculous talk about how strong their starting pitching is their starters era is 4.47. that's not terrible but for the team that's doing as well as they are almost entirely due to a 3.78 team era, second best in the al, its not so great. mays and radke both have eras well over 5.

Hangar18
05-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by daver

hey, its our job to point out the Bogus Media here, that the last few years, when we were good and the cubs were bad, they got more media coverage....so I figured, this year, when theyre good and were bad....the media coverage would turn around....not so.
the White Sox Job was to go and Sweep Seattle and Sweep Oakland. We couldnt do it, but the Twins came close. Thats why were DONE. were so far away from 19-9, it sucks. Now...we hit Toronto (we'll lose 3-4 there) to LA (we'll get swept)......

Hangar18
05-26-2003, 08:40 AM
When we managed to lose the last 2 games to Cleveland here, then went to Baltimore and lost 2 of 3, THAT folks was the season. It told me these guys just dont have what it takes to stand up and Take a game away from someone. Twins did it, why couldnt we? Hope all 25 guys on the SOX saw those scores and saw what the Twins did out west....with Minimal Talent.....SOmetimes HEART is everything......and our guys are just Cowardly Lions

gosox41
05-26-2003, 09:07 AM
The Twins took two of three in Oakland and two of three in Seattle. That is something we failed miserably to do, didn't we. I am not going to concede anything at this point at all, despite the malaise we're in. Yet, Minnesota is definitely the team to beat.

To paraphrase the great JR:

Anyone who thinks this team is going to catch Minnesota is crazy.

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
05-26-2003, 09:42 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Twins have been "the real deal" ever since 2001 when they started beating my Sox like a drum. As for that mental midget Joe Mays, he was "the real deal" even before that.

When we start beating the Twins--or anybody for that matter--we can start cackling about how great we are.

Our team sucks. Only a fool would deny it, and only a Cub fan would glorify it.

MHOUSE
05-26-2003, 11:08 AM
It sucks that we have to rebound against the 'Jays who just swept the Yanks and the 10-game winning streak of LA. We're in trouble.

jeremyb1
05-26-2003, 04:54 PM
i feel like our advesary is ourselves much more than it is the twins or any other team.

TheBigHurt
05-26-2003, 05:12 PM
THE Twinkiies will be finish in 2nd as the White Stockings will win the Central
AL Playoff rundown: WRITE this **** down:
AL East-those dam Yankmees
AL Central-the White Stockings
AL West-Oakland Athletics
AL Wild Card-Torton Blue Jays

BE GOOD please

fhqwhgads
05-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

BE GOOD please

It's not just a river in Egypt, Hurt...

GO TWINS!

fhqwhgads
05-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
What an awesome AB between Guardado and Edgar in the 9th. I thought the ball was gone but nice grab by Mohr.

Hip,

As much as I love to glorify the Twins defense, that was a catch that any RF should be able to make. Maybe I'm just spoiled, though.

GO TWINS!

Hangar18
05-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

BE GOOD please

I like the cut of his cloth

Hangar18
05-27-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey Fgreioihsods, I will say this, those damn Twinkies are shaping up to be a tough team (Again) against us....

MHOUSE
05-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
It's not just a river in Egypt, Hurt...

GO TWINS!

LMAO! Classic man, that's great.
:)

ma-gaga
05-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i feel like our advesary is ourselves much more than it is the twins or any other team.

Exactly. The Twins can only beat the Sox 13 more times at the most. It's the other 99 games that they have to worry about.

pudge
05-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

That's jeremy's way of saying, "We suck" because he still doesn't want to admit that we do.