PDA

View Full Version : Did Crede Save Jerry's Job?


Ol Aches & Pains
05-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Sorry, never mind, didn't notice the thread below on the same subject, and when I tried to delete this one, I got a message that I don't have permission to access that page! I can't delete my own post? What's up with that?

ssang
05-25-2003, 05:58 PM
I agree 100%. I'm afraid Crede's walk-off homer will just give KW and JR another excuse to buy time for Manuel. I guarantee that we'll be hearing KW quoted as to saying "We feel as though this a huge momentum builder for this team". I know it sucks, but it it's bound to happen. Thus, Jerry Manuel will have his job saved for at least another two weeks until the Sox start to embarass themselves again. Face it. this organization is cheap so they will try to hold onto Manuel for as long as possible! It sucks and there's nothing us fans can do about it. The bottom line for JR is Money, NOT winning ball games. The entire White Sox organization is just one big miserable cycle that induces underachieving, cheapness, and plain old losing! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

GASHWOUND
05-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I agree 100%. I'm afraid Crede's walk-off homer will just give KW and JR another excuse to buy time for Manuel. I guarantee that we'll be hearing KW quoted as to saying "We feel as though this a huge momentum builder for this team". I know it sucks, but it it's bound to happen. Thus, Jerry Manuel will have his job saved for at least another two weeks until the Sox start to embarass themselves again. Face it. this organization is cheap so they will try to hold onto Manuel for as long as possible! It sucks and there's nothing us fans can do about it. The bottom line for JR is Money, NOT winning ball games. The entire White Sox organization is just one big miserable cycle that induces underachieving, cheapness, and plain old losing! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Even if we had lost this game and were swept by the hapless Tigers JM's job would have been safe.we're gonna have to lose 20 in a row for Manuel to be fired and with Kenny so stubborn Reiny and the rest of the owners of the club would have to step in and take care of the firings..JM is gonna be with us till the end of the season....... :whiner:

MHOUSE
05-25-2003, 09:15 PM
I love seeing Crede hit a walk-off "White Sox Winner", but I hate that it probably stayed the execution of JM's job. After the game Jerry talked about how the last time Crede hit a 3-run homer we won a bunch of games. Well let's try it against the red-hot Jays who just swept the Yanks. Oh brother.

gosox41
05-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
Sorry, never mind, didn't notice the thread below on the same subject, and when I tried to delete this one, I got a message that I don't have permission to access that page! I can't delete my own post? What's up with that?

I was hoping the Sox would lose today just to see if any firings would happen. It now extends my pain of watching a still lifeless team that just happened to have 2 clutch hits finally.

Bob

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I was hoping the Sox would lose today just to see if any firings would happen. It now extends my pain of watching a still lifeless team that just happened to have 2 clutch hits finally.

Bob

I see where you are coming from, Bob, but I never root for us to lose.

Thunderstruck30
05-25-2003, 11:10 PM
After Lee hit the homer I said "Well looks like Lee just saved Manuels job." Then they blew the lead. Then Crede hit the walk off homer. So this time I said "Well looks like Crede just saved Manuels job." I think Jerry will think this game will be a motivation for the rest of the season. But Jerry has said that about alot of games over the past 2 seasons and none of them really did motivate them.

:firejerry

MRKARNO
05-25-2003, 11:17 PM
If this game becomes a motivation, then the win was a good one. If it just results in more mediocrity, then it was a "bad win."
Let's see if we can take 3 from Toronto who just took 4 from the yanks in NY.

pissonthecubs
05-25-2003, 11:25 PM
as much as we can hope for JM to fired right this moment, let's just keep the hope alive, cuz thats all it is, hope. nothing happening til the end of the season. no playoffs, no more Jerry.


____________
"It takes hundreds of nuts to build a motorcycle, and just one in a car to wreck it."

fquaye149
05-26-2003, 01:51 AM
i have to admit i rooted for the bears to lose every game after about halfway through last season just so they could get the highest possible draft pick:( but this situation here is different. there's no need to root against manuel. yeah he sucks but the season is far from over and the white sox are far from out of it. i agree that manuel has gotten no results...but i will continue to root for the sox to win no matter who manages them. as long as they win it could be sparky anderson, billy martin, casey stengel, or jerry m managing the team and i wouldn't care. all that matters is the team winning. if jerry can salvage the season and we make the playoffs, or if the players pick themselves up due to his lack of managerial skills and get it together and manuel keeps his job for next year i won't be disappointed he wasn't fired, i'll e happy we won. and i'm happy we won today because no matter if it would have got manuel fired, i don't think it could have made up for us being swept by the tigers.

gosox41
05-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I see where you are coming from, Bob, but I never root for us to lose.


While I'm certaily not comparing baseball to war, the idea of the Sox losing was the same as the idea of dropping the A-Bomb in WWII. It would lead to less losses in the future for the Sox because in this case they would have been forced to fire Manuel.

Bob

Hangar18
05-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
While I'm certaily not comparing baseball to war, the idea of the Sox losing was the same as the idea of dropping the A-Bomb in WWII. It would lead to less losses in the future for the Sox because in this case they would have been forced to fire Manuel.

Bob

If the Sox cant win 18 of their next 20, then whats the point.
I want us to lose 18 of our next 20 so that WE SOX FANS (media will be too busy writing Cub fluff articles about how the yankees havnt faced the cubs in many many years, on how the cubs should steal another player from a hapless cheap team again blah blah blah) can TURN THE HEAT ON THIS ORGANIZATION SO HIGH, they have to do something. Every Sox Win puts off by another week Change in the Organization. Reinsdorf is going to wait til the season is nice and finished, before doing something.