PDA

View Full Version : *Official* game thread 5-25-03

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Get José Valentín's arse off this damn team!!!! His bad defense costs us games. His non-hitting costs us games. He is one example of complete dead weight on our roster. If any of you think we should keep him, let me remind you that the 2000 season is over. :angry:

balboner
05-25-2003, 03:27 PM
I completely agree with you. Jose has been just pathetic in the field and at the dish lately. He should not be an everyday starter anymore. Also, why not bring Marte in for the 8th, and not Wunsch. Wunsch gave up a rocket hit to D. Young on Friday. Wil losing this game equate to Jerry being fired?

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Wil losing this game equate to Jerry being fired?

I wish but it won't. The season from hell shall continue as such.

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Why?

balboner
05-25-2003, 03:48 PM
For the love of god, will someone tell the Sox hitters that they dont have to swing for a homer on every pitch. C. Lee just K'd on a knuckle ball right down the plate, but swung over it trying to hit a walk off. Also, Crede, Sandy, and Jose have horrific upper-cuts as well.

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 03:52 PM
It really doesn't matter if we win this game or lose it. I hope we win it, but we're not going anywhere anyway. It takes more than a one-game winning streak to convince me that things are fine. And regardless of what happens today, Jerry Manuel will not be fired. I think that if they were planning to fire JM, it would have been done by now. And while I support the idea of firing JM, feeling it would be a step in the right direction, it will not completely turn things around.

balboner
05-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Wow, who would have guess Konerko would hit into a DP there?

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Wow, who would have guess Konerko would hit into a DP there?

You forgot the teal.

ssang
05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Konerko is the worst hitter in all of baseball. The DP he just hit into was the most pathetic hit I've ever seen in my life. Konerko should not play again this season. And YES, he is that Bad!!!

balboner
05-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Another bad swing by Carlos off of Sparks. Also, what is wrong w/Rick White?

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 04:22 PM
When will our long nightmare end? Better yet, will our long nightmare end? :whiner:

Viva Magglio
05-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Wow. We now have a one-game winning streak. I'm happy we won, but it won't mean anything unless we can string a few together.