PDA

View Full Version : ok ok...

i_luv_jgarland
05-25-2003, 10:57 AM
All right guys... I agree... Something has to be done about this team. As much as I love my boys, there need to be some changes made. What I'm wondering is who we should KEEP so that we have SOMETHING left to build off of. What do you guys think... and I want you to name at LEAST three. Man cannot live on Ordonez alone.

My three...

1) Ordonez. We need at least one solid player to lead the team.
2) Graffanino. Random, I know. Although he never really does anything SPECTACULAR, he is a solid ball player and an all around good sportsman. You never see him whining or complaining.
3) Garland. Come on, you knew I had to keep him. I need some eye candy for while I'm watching my team lose... especially to the TIGERS.

MRKARNO
05-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland
All right guys... I agree... Something has to be done about this team. As much as I love my boys, there need to be some changes made. What I'm wondering is who we should KEEP so that we have SOMETHING left to build off of. What do you guys think... and I want you to name at LEAST three. Man cannot live on Ordonez alone.

My three...

1) Ordonez. We need at least one solid player to lead the team.
2) Graffanino. Random, I know. Although he never really does anything SPECTACULAR, he is a solid ball player and an all around good sportsman. You never see him whining or complaining.
3) Garland. Come on, you knew I had to keep him. I need some eye candy for while I'm watching my team lose... especially to the TIGERS.

I dont get why you like John Garland so very much. WHY??? He is an overrated, underacheiving, loudmouth who doesnt have much potential

i_luv_jgarland
05-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I dont get why you like John Garland so very much. WHY??? He is an overrated, underacheiving, loudmouth who doesnt have much potential

1) Overrated?? I don't think so. Everywhere I turn there's someone talking about how much he sucks. I've only met a handful of people who actually think he's any good.

2) Underachieving? ALL of the Sox are underachieving these days. Name one player that has even come close to living up to their potential this season.

3) Loudmouth? So what, you can count on one hand the amount of stupid things that he says. We all say stupid things on a daily basis. It's just not published in the papers.

So what if I like Garland? I could jump on the Ordonez, Konerko, Beurhle bandwagon if I wanted to. I choose to like the players that aren't already at the top... But have a chance to get there someday.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-25-2003, 02:22 PM
You've set the standard at only getting to keep 3 guys. So, the three that absolutely must remain with the team:

1) Ordonez - This guy is consistency personified. He has been a force for the last few years on this team, and is young enough to keep it up for some time to come.

2) Olivo - This guy has the potential to be another Ivan Rodriguez. He has shown some offensive prowess, and his defense is great.

3) Crede - Similar to Olivo, he has good defense at third and shown offensive flashes. He has a lot of Robin Ventura-like qualities, and that will be good for this team down the road.

fquaye149
05-25-2003, 02:59 PM
1. ordoņez - will always hit around .300 and drive in around 100 runs, something we can't afford to lose

2. crede - worlds of potential, good glove and despite this current funk, a good bat

3. colon - this is questionable, but with the bullpen we have, someone who can consistently go 9 innings and keep his era under 4 is essential. even with a good bullpen it's nice to have someone who can go the distance, but for us it's doubly useful

Vsahajpal
05-25-2003, 04:19 PM
At least 3...and then you choose Graffy as one of your three? That's ridiculous. Sox have a good team, they need Wright and Garland to come around, or else bring up Rauch. They should keep everyone aside from Rick White, Sandy Alomar, and Daubach.

MHOUSE
05-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Must-keeps/building blocks

Maggs
Olivo
Crede
Borchard
Jimenez

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland
1) Overrated?? I don't think so. Everywhere I turn there's someone talking about how much he sucks. I've only met a handful of people who actually think he's any good.

2) Underachieving? ALL of the Sox are underachieving these days. Name one player that has even come close to living up to their potential this season.

3) Loudmouth? So what, you can count on one hand the amount of stupid things that he says. We all say stupid things on a daily basis. It's just not published in the papers.

So what if I like Garland? I could jump on the Ordonez, Konerko, Beurhle bandwagon if I wanted to. I choose to like the players that aren't already at the top... But have a chance to get there someday.

i actually think your attraction/obsession with jon garland is based on appearance alone. he is not that good of a pitcher, atleast not yet. garland was called a loudmouth because the way he has pitched has left him no room to talk or make excuses. he has sucked. so tell your boyfriend to start pitching good or shut up.

and just because you never see graffanino whine or complain does not make him untouchable. he is an excellent utility player, but he is not close to something you would build around.

MRKARNO
05-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Current players on the sox roster who must stay:

Maggs
Marte
Olivo
Crede
Borchard
C. Lee (I know there are many who'd dissagree, but he's quickly becoming a fan favorite)
Harris (He has shown that he can hit, just not for the sox yet)
Glover

This would be a good core from which to work, but the only problem is that no one on this list is a starting pitcher. I hope that Rauch can do something for us and maybe Porzio will surprise everyone and become a starter for us