PDA

View Full Version : Woahhhh!

Jurr
05-24-2003, 10:33 PM
Some of you people are driving me crazy!!! Yes, the Whitesox really suck. Yes, they're not going to make the postseason again this year. Yes, they've underachieved like crazy. It sucks to watch a lethargic team that had so much talent and has done so little with it. It's disgusting. It seems so hard to care for a team that cares so little about itself. BUT HERE'S THE DEAL, FOLKS. You are the few, the proud. You are not those dips**ts that root for that crap up on Waveland. You care when your team loses, you don't give up on your team, and you definitely don't root for some other team. You all are so much better than that. You take your lumps because you care. You take your lumps because you are the best fans in baseball. You don't get treated to the 130 million dollar rosters. You don't get the classy stadium. You get fed the hard breaks, and you persevere, because you would rather eat your own fecal matter than root for some other baseball team. That's what I have loved about being a Sox fan since birth. The fans that root for this ballclub are without peers. Don't change that because of some constant underachieving. Here's what you can take solace in as this season pans out.
1.) This team doesn't do any of the small things it takes to win ballgames. Normal teams can find a way to manufacture a run or two to win these tight games. Real managers advance runners (it's called stealing bases, Jerry) to **** with pitchers' minds. We are not a good enough team this year to win enough games to make the postseason....so whether we go 82-82 or 40-122 is irrelevant. Here's the way it should (and probably will) go.
We are going to see this team keep underachieving. That is a given. Some new manager is going to come in, and this lineup is going to get turned on its ear come trading deadline time. Guaranteed. Colon, Garland, Lee, Valentin, Thomas, Gordon....wave good bye to them...they're all leaving town.
We're going to stockpile prospects for a possible new GM to deal with (that's kinda up in the air). We, as knowledgeable fans, know that this team needs to acquire players and coaches that take pride in their jobs, stress fundamentals, and do the little things to win. That's not going to happen if this team keeps "saving Jerry Manuel's ass" every season with a strong finish. So, we detatch ourselves from the anger of losing, hope that this team develops some personality and winning spirit, and roll with the punches. This team is going to be bad the next couple of years while we develop the team into a decent squad, and then we'll see what happens. The team needs to have a big subpar season to see the necessary changes. I can handle going through that to see some changes. You all should feel the same way. To make an omelette, you have to break some eggs. Watch this team swallow itself, watch it reform, and watch it grow. Hopefully, all of our agony will be rewarded one day. I'm not going to sit here after some ridiculous losses and say, "I"m through with the Sox...I'm going to find some Cubs gear"......I'm going to watch this team struggle, drink a beer to celebrate any wins they have, get pissed off and steam for a couple of minutes if they lose and move on, and then hope that the team grows into something special down the line. You are all great fans, and I expect no less out of all of you. It's not easy caring about baseball. If you didn't, you'd be up there at Wrigley wearing blue pinstripes and throwing your **** at each other like all of those gorillas do. Baseball isn't a social event for you. You get your beer and watch the damn game. Hopefully, the squad decides that it's time to reward you with some special baseball. Until then, we watch and wait, enjoying the fact that we get to sit and watch baseball period. Alright, I'm going to bed.

seventytwo
05-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Good post. And, while I really, really hate this team---they're still my Sox and I could never root for another team.

But, they're making me physically ill.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Some of you people are driving me crazy!!! Yes, the Whitesox really suck. Yes, they're not going to make the postseason again this year. Yes, they've underachieved like crazy. It sucks to watch a lethargic team that had so much talent and has done so little with it. It's disgusting. It seems so hard to care for a team that cares so little about itself. BUT HERE'S THE DEAL, FOLKS. You are the few, the proud. You are not those dips**ts that root for that crap up on Waveland. You care when your team loses, you don't give up on your team, and you definitely don't root for some other team. You all are so much better than that. You take your lumps because you care. You take your lumps because you are the best fans in baseball. You don't get treated to the 130 million dollar rosters. You don't get the classy stadium. You get fed the hard breaks, and you persevere, because you would rather eat your own fecal matter than root for some other baseball team. That's what I have loved about being a Sox fan since birth. The fans that root for this ballclub are without peers. Don't change that because of some constant underachieving. Here's what you can take solace in as this season pans out.
1.) This team doesn't do any of the small things it takes to win ballgames. Normal teams can find a way to manufacture a run or two to win these tight games. Real managers advance runners (it's called stealing bases, Jerry) to **** with pitchers' minds. We are not a good enough team this year to win enough games to make the postseason....so whether we go 82-82 or 40-122 is irrelevant. Here's the way it should (and probably will) go.
We are going to see this team keep underachieving. That is a given. Some new manager is going to come in, and this lineup is going to get turned on its ear come trading deadline time. Guaranteed. Colon, Garland, Lee, Valentin, Thomas, Gordon....wave good bye to them...they're all leaving town.
We're going to stockpile prospects for a possible new GM to deal with (that's kinda up in the air). We, as knowledgeable fans, know that this team needs to acquire players and coaches that take pride in their jobs, stress fundamentals, and do the little things to win. That's not going to happen if this team keeps "saving Jerry Manuel's ass" every season with a strong finish. So, we detatch ourselves from the anger of losing, hope that this team develops some personality and winning spirit, and roll with the punches. This team is going to be bad the next couple of years while we develop the team into a decent squad, and then we'll see what happens. The team needs to have a big subpar season to see the necessary changes. I can handle going through that to see some changes. You all should feel the same way. To make an omelette, you have to break some eggs. Watch this team swallow itself, watch it reform, and watch it grow. Hopefully, all of our agony will be rewarded one day. I'm not going to sit here after some ridiculous losses and say, "I"m through with the Sox...I'm going to find some Cubs gear"......I'm going to watch this team struggle, drink a beer to celebrate any wins they have, get pissed off and steam for a couple of minutes if they lose and move on, and then hope that the team grows into something special down the line. You are all great fans, and I expect no less out of all of you. It's not easy caring about baseball. If you didn't, you'd be up there at Wrigley wearing blue pinstripes and throwing your **** at each other like all of those gorillas do. Baseball isn't a social event for you. You get your beer and watch the damn game. Hopefully, the squad decides that it's time to reward you with some special baseball. Until then, we watch and wait, enjoying the fact that we get to sit and watch baseball period. Alright, I'm going to bed.

wow. i agree

MHOUSE
05-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Great post Jurr. This team is making me sick too though. But I know I will never turn over to the North side.

Jurr
05-25-2003, 03:04 AM
Thank you. Life sucks, but it's just baseball.

oldcomiskey
05-25-2003, 11:43 AM
well that suck team on the north side is in 1st place-----this is awful---we should be in 1st and they should suck---but it aint been that way for one reason-----we dont have a manager or a team---we have a sleepy head and a collection of players