PDA

View Full Version : Sox by the Numbers....No Paciorek & Thompson?

Hangar18
05-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Was just showing a co-worker how Cool this site was, and we argued over what # Tom Paciorek was. I said it was 24. but when I looked it up....he wasnt even listed here. One of my coworkers had an uncle Bob Thompson who played for the sox one season in the 1950's, (LF) and he was curious about what Number he wore but we didnt find his name either. Anyone know these Numbers, and who can fix the LIST here??

Foulke You
05-23-2003, 05:50 PM
According to the baseball almanac, in 1983 Tom Pacoriek wore jersey #44 for the White Sox.

Lip Man 1
05-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Paciroek wore #44. he is on the list and if you read the list from the beginning you'll see where I stated that not every player is listed. The Sox had over 15 hundred players, all numbers are impossible to find and some players were so obscure or spent so little time with the club that it wasn't worth noting.

Sorry.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
05-24-2003, 01:09 AM
I think that your friend's uncle may be "stretching" his exploits just a bit. Probably played "for the Sox" in their farm system.

I have a commemorative, framed, diamond-shaped poster from the 80th anniversary of Comiskey Park (produced by Old Style.) It lists every player who ever played for the Sox from 1910-1990. There is no Bob Thompson. I checked baseball-reference.com, and he doesn't show up as a major leaguer at all.