PDA

View Full Version : AL Central out west

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 06:30 PM
The Twins took 2 of 3 from the As. After losing the opener 4-1, they won back-to-back one-run games 4-3 and 6-5. This is what good teams do and certainly not what the Sox did. Kansas City managed to win a game, but lost the series. They lost 7-4 and 5-1 with a 14-5 blowout win in between. They tagged them for double digits which we couldn't do in 3 games combined. They managed to stay close too. It's good to see our divisional rivals having to play good teams as well, but they're faring a LOT better. Take away that 0-7 against the NYY and the Twins almost have a 10 game lead on us.

Blueprint1
05-22-2003, 07:01 PM
The Twins believe they can beat these teams. The sox seem to take the approach that they have to play their best baseball to beat these teams. aka we have to hit a homerun every time up to the plate. I think this is why we need a new manager.

Hangar18
05-22-2003, 07:51 PM
So much for the "dont worry, they have to play the A's/Mariners too" approach. I for one NEVER subscribe to that line of thinking. Take care of Bizness FIRST. We play the A's, WERE SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE A'S. Play the Mariners BEAT the Mariners. Simple as that. Were not the Cubs and shouldnt look for handouts, goofy luck, incredible circumstances, Naive GM's giving us their best players at little/no cost, Rigged Drafts so that the best player in history falls in our laps etc etc. We dont have these things going for us. SO.........We need to act and take things in our own hands. This is the Speech Manuel and KW and JR need to be giving to everyone in earshot. Theyre lucky im not their manager, because some guys wouldve heard it from me. Im manage this team, No way does our baserunning become this bad. No way do I keep letting WHite come in and give us a chance to lose. Matter of fact, the way Id have handled him, by this time, hed be an ASSET to me, not a Hindrance. This sucks. I remembered saying we need to go 19-9 or we werent going to catch KC. Well, not only did we not catch them with 10 days left to go.......We didnt count on the XFactor, the Twins getting nice and Hot now. So now were looking up at the Twins now. Im sick of this organization and Reinsdorf

ma-gaga
05-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Rigged Drafts so that the best player in history falls in our laps etc etc.

The Cubs got B.Ruth? I hear he's a hell of a pitcher!

RKMeibalane
05-22-2003, 10:49 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!