PDA

View Full Version : Tribune in legal trouble?

Daver
05-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Looks like it according to this. (http://premium.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1924)

moochpuppy
05-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by daver
Looks like it according to this. (http://premium.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1924)

I've been following this and I hope the Cubs get fried on this one. I've posted a couple things about this on the Cubs MB and, surprise, no response.

xil357
05-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Yet another reason we have to boycott the Trib's advertisers along with WSCR, the Sun Times and other pro-Cubs media outlets. If they get in financial trouble as a result of corporate mis-deeds, they will be even more desperate. Maybe they'll even be forced to sell the team. Maybe then Reinsdorf would put the Sox up for sale in order to buy the Cubs and he would alienate all the Cubs fans. Then a glorious new era would begin under new Sox ownership.

(Ain't no dreaming of livin' in a perfect world.)

See the "changing the media coverage" thread for more info on our boycott efforts....

RKMeibalane
05-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Maybe the Tribune will fold, and the Cubs will be forced to move. Better still, with no team left on the North Side, Wrigley Field will be torn down.

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Don't you guys know anything? The Sox fans are to blame!

Viva Magglio
05-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by xil357
Yet another reason we have to boycott the Trib's advertisers along with WSCR, the Sun Times and other pro-Cubs media outlets. If they get in financial trouble as a result of corporate mis-deeds, they will be even more desperate. Maybe they'll even be forced to sell the team. Maybe then Reinsdorf would put the Sox up for sale in order to buy the Cubs and he would alienate all the Cubs fans. Then a glorious new era would begin under new Sox ownership.

(Ain't no dreaming of livin' in a perfect world.)

See the "changing the media coverage" thread for more info on our boycott efforts....

What exactly does this have to do with WSCR? If memory serves me correct, the Score (especially Murph) have been pounding the Cubs over this story.

ma-gaga
05-22-2003, 11:07 PM
I love this stuff... They should get hammered. Something like what happened to the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves would be appropriate. 5 years of no first round picks.

Baseball is a little less reliant on the draft, so maybe a little harsher. No 1-3 round picks.

:tool
"why don't they trust us?"

Daver
05-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I love this stuff... They should get hammered. Something like what happened to the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves would be appropriate. 5 years of no first round picks.

Baseball is a little less reliant on the draft, so maybe a little harsher. No 1-3 round picks.

The problem is,MLB will ignore this,saying that it is a legal issue not related to the league,because they have to.

If MLB were to come down on the Tribune for this practice it opens a can of worms over the charter of their antitrust exemption,which is based on the fact that baseball is a sport,not a business.

If the right lawyers get involved this could change the whole league as we know it.

ewokpelts
05-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey,
What did the Timberwolves do? And what was thier punishment?
Gene

davidwells
05-28-2003, 01:05 AM
you guys are a bunch of idiots

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by davidwells
you guys are a bunch of idiots There's a great entry as a new poster; calling everyone idiots. Why are they idiots? You a Cubs fan? If so, go away.