PDA

View Full Version : Shilling

LuvSox
05-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Rumor has it the D-Backs are thinking of trading Curt if they are out of they race at deadline time. He is due to make "only" 10 million next year, a bargain for a guy of his caliber. Do the Sox make that trade if they are in the hunt? I say hell yeah. Of course I have no financial interest in the team, but how exciting would it be to have Shilling on our mound?

TheBigHurt
05-21-2003, 10:43 PM
IT would be amazing to say the least, he would be a big sparkplug to a franchise that needs it.....BUT we better stay in contention if we plan on gettin him.....AS I doubt JR would go after Schillin if we were barely above .500......YOU can compare it too finding ya wallet at the beach under the sand, after you accidently burried it because of :gulp: ANYWAYS BE GOOD

Jjav829
05-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Schilling does not want to come here. He hates JR. You can forget about it, unfortunately. If he goes anywhere I would expect that it will be back to Philly.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Colon and Schilling as our 1-2? Damn what a dream. I HIGHLY doubt this would happen because a) we need to contend first b) Schilling doesn't like JR c) nothing good happens to us

hold2dibber
05-22-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Rumor has it the D-Backs are thinking of trading Curt if they are out of they race at deadline time. He is due to make "only" 10 million next year, a bargain for a guy of his caliber. Do the Sox make that trade if they are in the hunt? I say hell yeah. Of course I have no financial interest in the team, but how exciting would it be to have Shilling on our mound?

Deeppink for pipedreams.

LuvSox
05-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Deeppink for pipedreams.

Got it :D:

34 Inch Stick
05-22-2003, 10:39 AM
A few years ago Schilling put the Sox on a list of teams he would not agree to be traded to. He also made disparraging comments about the Sox. He is not coming here.

Hangar18
05-22-2003, 10:59 AM
The Yankees would IMMEDIATELY be worried about the
White Sox if Our Rotation was:

Schilling
Colon
Buehrle
Loiaza
(whoever else)

This is a Playoff Caliber, Playoff Tested Rotation. The kind that takes you farther, faster in the Playoffs then youve ever been (if your the White Sox)
We already have a Decent Bullpen (release White)
This is how close we are to a world series. Pick Up a Schilling, and Do You know how a Colon/Schilling in your Rotation Makes the others BETTER? Jerry you Jack Ass, dont you watch how the Perennial Playoff Teams do it? Let Me Generally Manage this team.......Id just mimic everything the Yanks do. We'd fill the park everyday, because My Teams would be Playing some Ball.

Hangar18
05-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
A few years ago Schilling put the Sox on a list of teams he would not agree to be traded to. He also made disparraging comments about the Sox. He is not coming here.

Oh....in that case.

**************ATTENTION JERRY REINSDORF*************
Please Step Down Jerry, Please Sell. youve been here 23 Years, and we still havnt been to the World Series Yet.
DBacks have been here 5 years. 1 World Series already

LuvSox
05-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
**************ATTENTION JERRY REINSDORF*************
Please Step Down Jerry, Please Sell. youve been here 23 Years, and we still havnt been to the World Series Yet.
DBacks have been here 5 years. 1 World Series already

A new owner, that wasn't a jackass like JR, would raise the eyebrows of some of MLB's finest players. How many guys won't come here because of that dingus JR and his cronies?

TheBigHurt
05-22-2003, 01:55 PM
WERE goin win the World Series with Schillin, Colon, Buerhle!!!! AND then we will.... [B]BE GOOD

Foulke You
05-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

In addition to having the Sox on his "no agree" list, I believe he has said repeatedly that he will not go to the American League.

Lip Man 1
05-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Folks:

For what it's worth. In July 2000 Curt Schilling was interviewed by the Arizona (Phoenix) Republic. At the time there were reports that the D-Backs, White Sox and a few other teams were interested in getting him from the Phils.

During that interview Schilling said that under no circumstances would he go to the Sox.

When pressed as to why he felt that way, all Schilling would say is that in 1994 when he was on the players union committee negotiating during the labor impasse Jerry Reinsdorf made a comment that Schilling found personally offensive to him. He refused to repeat the comment but said that he took it personally and would never forgive Reinsdorf for having said it.

Now he may have changed his mind since then but knowing his character I don't think he ever will.

Lip