PDA

View Full Version : That would be C. Lee....

Tragg
05-21-2003, 11:10 PM
and he's playing his a$$ off in the field and at the plate. Way to go Carlos and nice comeback, team.

Now if we can only do something about our 7-17 record against good teams......

nut_stock
05-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Now that game was exciting. When Paulie made it a one run game, it really got my hopes up. Then Carlos nails one and I jumped off the couch. Of course I could have done without the suspense in the 9th but hey, We took 2 out of 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and for the record, I do believe the Jays are a good team)

jeremyb1
05-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Now that game was exciting. When Paulie made it a one run game, it really got my hopes up. Then Carlos nails one and I jumped off the couch. Of course I could have done without the suspense in the 9th but hey, We took 2 out of 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and for the record, I do believe the Jays are a good team)

now if carlos will only start to walk again.

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah who is this Carlos Lee guy? Well whomever he is, I'm glad he's hitting well and that diving catch last night was SAWEET! Either trade value goes up or he could be something to build on.

T Dog
05-22-2003, 12:51 AM
C. Lee would have to be our offensive MVP up to this point of the season, and some of our wins have been punctuated by nifty defensive work in left field. Yet, I keep reading on this board that C. Lee never hustles and needs to be traded.

jeremyb1
05-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by T Dog
C. Lee would have to be our offensive MVP up to this point of the season, and some of our wins have been punctuated by nifty defensive work in left field. Yet, I keep reading on this board that C. Lee never hustles and needs to be traded.

i've never understood what people have against carlos. he struggles as an outfielder which is probably our fault for calling him up to the majors less than a month after he started playing the position, and has a few bad base running miscues, and everyone decides he's lazy and therefore a bad guy. i don't get it.

lowesox
05-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by T Dog

I think Jimenez and Ordonez have been more consistent, but Carlos has been our best player recently. I think he's really responded to being moved up in the order.

They say offense is contagious. Konerko seems to be responding. And Thomas has looked pretty good lately (maybe from working with Hriniak). Ordonez has been awesome lately. So if we can get Crede going....

brewcrew/chisox
05-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

i've never understood what people have against carlos. he struggles as an outfielder which is probably our fault for calling him up to the majors less than a month after he started playing the position, and has a few bad base running miscues, and everyone decides he's lazy and therefore a bad guy. i don't get it.

I agree. Carlos's fielding has improved so much in the last couple of years. He is always very good in the clutch....should have tied that damn game in Minnesota.

However, what is his most likeable attribute? He's a Cub killer. My most favorite Sox moment of recent years is the Friday night granny he hit in the bottom of the 10th two years ago, sending the Cub fans home in :whiner:

pudge
05-22-2003, 01:20 PM

I haven't seen too many people call him a "bad guy" - his inconsistencies are just frustrating. He can look like a hero one week and an idiot the next week. I hope this is his big "breakout" that everyone has been waiting for... he is swinging the bat with vengence.

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 04:57 PM

Until this year, he hasn't work very hard. He's been the first to admit it. He's been our offensive MVP this year and if he can start getting walks again and keeping improving his defense and baserunning, then he could be an asset or a highly tradeable guy.

Changed player (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030521&content_id=331316&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)