PDA

View Full Version : Oh Buehrle, Where Art Thou?

WillieHarris12
05-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Oh Buehrle why art filled with disgrace
looking at your unsure face
thou isn't pitching with much grace
are you not the ace?

Where can I find you pitching well
were you not the best in the A-L
could you find that missing part
seeing you like this breaks my heart.

Why have you suffered so
you probably couldn't get out Big Mo.
If I were to see you actually pitch
I'm sure I would not seldom bitch.

When will things turn around
and not have me get used to that awful sound
of a ball getting smashed off the fowlers bat
and me not yelling you frickin twat
at the picture on the TV
when I relize was this meant to be?

MetalliSox
05-21-2003, 10:24 PM
In Buehrle's defense, tonight he wasn't hit hard. There was that broken bat blooper that Jose would of had if they didn't bring the infield in. Rios should of had that other bloop hit. Not to mention some others.

jeremyb1
05-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
In Buehrle's defense, tonight he wasn't hit hard. There was that broken bat blooper that Jose would of had if they didn't bring the infield in. Rios should of had that other bloop hit. Not to mention some others.

by my count they scored two of the five funs on bloop hits. they had two pop ups drop, a bloop behind second base, and at least one other cheap hit. a lot of buehrle's problems do seem to stem from bad luck although admittedly, his control could be better. thankfully we finally bailed him out tonight.

konerkopeachy
05-21-2003, 11:25 PM
since when does "bat" rhyme with "twat"? :?:

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Yeah Buehrle had a better start tonight and a lot of it was bad luck with the bloop hits. He has only had 3 really bad starts and a lot of it is bad luck, lack of run support, and Rick White piling on. He was getting his breaking stuff over. Get that cutter going!

34 Inch Stick
05-22-2003, 11:05 AM
It rhymes if you are from New England.

boog_alou
05-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Buehrle didn't pitch that badly???? Were we watching the same game? He gave up 10 hits and 4 walks in 6 ip. That's pretty horrible. No, they weren't hR's, nor were they all hit hard, but every time you give up 10 hits, some of them are going to be infield singles, some will be bloop hits and some will be hit hard. He pitched horribly...again. Let's call a spade a spade.

lowesox
05-22-2003, 11:22 AM
I know he's been hit pretty hard this year but a few weeks ago Buerle was this team's tough-luck starter. Sometimes that can get to you. I think he lost confidence in himself right after he lost confidence in the team.

Having them pull out a game for him last night could be big for him. I'll bet he wins his next time out.

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 05:13 PM
I think not getting tagged with the loss was a big thing. I bet he wins next time as well. Get it together kid!