PDA

View Full Version : Can't Graffy play 3B?

Bisco Stu
05-21-2003, 08:05 PM
We need his bat in the lineup on a more consistent basis. Crede needs to sit and watch at this point, work with Walker. I ask the Chisox experts for their views.

i_luv_jgarland
05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
I am by no means a ChiSox expert... but I'd love to see Graffanino play more, I don't care what position. He does well anywhere on the infield, and while he never does anything spectacular- he is a consistantly solid player.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Ok let's review. Graffy is a great utility guy to pinch hit and spare guys on the infield. But whenever he plays more than a couple of games in a row, his numbers go down. It's nice to ride his hot streaks, but realize this guy will never be our starting anything. I love Graff and he's one of the best in his role, but it's not as a starter. Just accept it.

34 Inch Stick
05-22-2003, 10:07 AM
As much as you love him now you would learn to hate him if he was a regular. He is average at best at third and once he hits 150 at bats his average seems to drop. Appreciate him for what he is.

voodoochile
05-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Any addition in offense wouldn't be worth what they would give up in defense and slowing Crede's development.

gosox41
05-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
We need his bat in the lineup on a more consistent basis. Crede needs to sit and watch at this point, work with Walker. I ask the Chisox experts for their views.

Crede should play everyday. I have faith he'll work his way out of this slump. Graff. is not an everday player.

Bob

lowesox
05-22-2003, 10:25 AM
I think a lot of Sox had no faith in Gary Ward, and I think Crede was one of those guys. He was praising walker a few weeks ago when Ward was still the hitting coach. I think he'll get it together now that he has somebody credible to learn from.

boog_alou
05-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Remember when people were complaining last season about Crede languishing in the minors when he was "ready" for the majors? Looks like maybe he wasn't ready afterall. Does he have any options left?

Daver
05-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by boog_alou
Does he have any options left?

No.

npdempse
05-22-2003, 11:17 AM
As good as Tony G's hitting can be, I just don't think it's worth it to pull Crede out regularly. He'll improve with the at-bats, and he's much superior defensively. Graffanino missed a hot-shot double last night that immediately made me wish Crede was at third.

soxrme
05-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Leave Crede alone, he fields the position better than anyone we have had since Robin. Graffanino is a good utility player. I would rather he spell ss and 2b. Valentine almost threw another one away in the 9th last night.