PDA

View Full Version : Colon,Manuel suspended

Daver
05-21-2003, 05:52 PM
For the Baltimore beanball. (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030521&content_id=330771&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp)

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 05:56 PM
For those two to be suspended after all the crap the Minnesota Twins have pulled this season is ridiculous. Colon was only protecting his teammate. What's wrong with that?

Bud Selig, on behalf of White Sox fans everywhere, I say...

**** YOU!

TheBigHurt
05-21-2003, 05:58 PM
PERSONNELLEY, I hope Tinker-roo is suspeneded for the entire season..... BE GOOD f'in tinker-roo

harwar
05-21-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm not a Manuel fan but its painful to watch Jerry have to play "kick me out of the game' please!! It just so out of character for him.

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Manuel needs a tranquilizer. He'll probably be ejected from tonight's game.

DrCrawdad
05-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by daver
For the Baltimore beanball. (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030521&content_id=330771&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp)

As Hawk has said...

That's B.S.!

Thunderstruck30
05-21-2003, 08:03 PM
It wont make that big of a difference for Colon, I mean he did start last night so therefore would only miss one start.

doublem23
05-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Once again MLB proves to everyone in the world it has no understanding of the game its supposed to oversee.

SaltyPretzel
05-21-2003, 09:46 PM
If Jorge Julio and Bartolo are getting punished for doing the same thing, why are Colon and Manual suspended while Julio only gets a fine. Meanwhile, the Baltimore manager goes unpunished.

Kind of a double standard.

HawkDJ
05-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
If Jorge Julio and Bartolo are getting punished for doing the same thing, why are Colon and Manual suspended while Julio only gets a fine. Meanwhile, the Baltimore manager goes unpunished.

Kind of a double standard.

Because Colon threw at Hairston when a warning was already issued.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I don't appeal this ruling. It's bogus that they suspend guys for doing what's always been part of the game. But they're trying to stop it and put an end to all this "Minnesota Twins-type" nonsense. It's only one start and Manuel misses a game against the Kitties. Big deal. Nosseck should run the team all the time anyways.

LuvSox
05-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Nosseck should run the team all the time anyways.

That's a nice positive spin you've put on the situation. :D:

SaltyPretzel
05-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
Because Colon threw at Hairston when a warning was already issued.

Do you think he would have been suspended if he were ejected from the game for hitting Maggs?

WhiteSoxWinner
05-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Do you think he would have been suspended if he were ejected from the game for hitting Maggs?

If I understand your reply, you're asking if Colon would have been suspended if Julio had been ejected after hitting Maggs. I say yes, because even if Julio is ejected, you still have to bean one of there guys to show that we will protect our stars.

Hangar18
05-22-2003, 01:05 PM
I watched that Game, and its TOTAL BS, because the Oriole Pitcher was pissed that MAGGS hit the 3run triple off him the Inning Before and PLUNKED HIM IMMEDIATELY in the Back (after pitching him inside before). He just gets a Warning?????
OF course, you realize the next batter (Hairston) was going to get it. If MLB cant see that Maggs wasnt hit on Purpose, then
what are they doing in NY? Golfing? Thats Total BS

Iwritecode
05-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Does anyone else find this to be BS?

Just two days ago the Twins and A's benches cleared early in the game and both benches were warned. Then later in the game Hudson hits a batter (after the warning) but wasn't ejected, even though it was obviously a retaliation pitch.

***?

Why was Hudson allowed to stay in while Colon and Manuel get ejected and a supension?