PDA

View Full Version : Twins fighting everyone

MRKARNO
05-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Why is it that our hated rivals, the Minnesota Twins, seem like they are everybody else's rival too? I think they've had at least 5-6 bench clearing incidents this year. With us, with Tampa Bay and now with Oakland. I'm sure that I'm missing one. I don't know what to think of this, but they're taking this "team" concept thing WAY too far. I hope it hurts them in the end, which I think it will.

ma-gaga
05-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm sure that I'm missing one.

Kansas City

moochpuppy
05-21-2003, 12:53 PM
NOBODY likes them.

Randar68
05-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Why is it that our hated rivals, the Minnesota Twins, seem like they are everybody else's rival too? I think they've had at least 5-6 bench clearing incidents this year. With us, with Tampa Bay and now with Oakland. I'm sure that I'm missing one. I don't know what to think of this, but they're taking this "team" concept thing WAY too far. I hope it hurts them in the end, which I think it will.

They've got a complex. They think that everyone is out to get them, and anytime someone is beaned, they think it's intentional. Then, when another team retaliates for their pitchers' actions, The Twins have a Hairston Jr. - like reaction, as if it's a big freaking surprise...

Really, they are just a bunch of young idiots who don't respect the game.

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
The saddest aspect of this situation is that the media love the Twins. To them, the Twins are a sweet, innocent team that never does anything wrong- like the damned Cubs. :angry: :angry:

The media need to wake up and smell the coffee. The Minnesota Twins are the epitome of all that is evil. They start fights, talk trash, and do everything they can to make everyone else look like the villan. I for one don't find their behavior at all amusing, and I know I'm not alone. They will get what's coming to them sooner or later.

fhqwhgads
05-21-2003, 01:55 PM
You guys make me laugh. A lot.

It was mere days ago that posts were showing up to the effect of, "I hope we get into a big brawl with the Twins," or, "I'd stay clear of Frank in a brawl." Now you're complaining that the Twins are frequently leaving the bench for a little brouhaha.

It would seem that you're tired of Manuel trying his damnedest to get thrown out of every other game to get the team fired up, but I'll bet if the Sox actually responded by winning/coming back/putting up a fight that you'd be all for it.

I'm up here in Wisconsin, and we've got plenty of cheese to go along with your whine. :whiner:

GO TWINS!

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
You guys make me laugh. A lot.

It was mere days ago that posts were showing up to the effect of, "I hope we get into a big brawl with the Twins," or, "I'd stay clear of Frank in a brawl." Now you're complaining that the Twins are frequently leaving the bench for a little brouhaha.

It would seem that you're tired of Manuel trying his damnedest to get thrown out of every other game to get the team fired up, but I'll bet if the Sox actually responded by winning/coming back/putting up a fight that you'd be all for it.

I'm up here in Wisconsin, and we've got plenty of cheese to go along with your whine. :whiner:

GO TWINS!

We were hoping for a brawl. The Twins get involved in fights or near-fights every week now. That's not team unity. It's stupidity.

Juan Pizarro
05-21-2003, 02:06 PM
They do have a bunker mentality. It seems to bind them together.
But it also points out what touchy brats they are.
Have you noticed they always get so offended but never get into a real fight?

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Have you noticed they always get so offended but never get into a real fight?

I have a feeling they will get into a fight eventually. When that happens, several of their key players will be suspended, and their hopes of winning the division will go down the drain.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 02:58 PM
They take offense to everything. There's a difference between playing tough and being like that annoying yappy little dog that grabs ur ankle and won't let go. Play baseball all ready!

xil357
05-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Never has one team benefitted so much from such a horrible home field. I hope and pray that they get a new stadium, get contracted or move to another city. No new stadium can ever be as horrible as The Rollerdome. In both their WS victories, the Twins won all the home games and lost all the road games. They had home-field advantage each year (87 and 91) and to my recollection each year's ALCS had similar results.

I hope they blow up that stupid dome and its soft-as-concrete turf. That is the only think I detest about that team. I hold no ill will toward the state of Minnesota (home of the late, great Paul Wellstone, God rest his soul), the Twin Cities or the team itself. They have a great CF and I wish the Sox could get him somehow.

Same thing goes for the Vi-Queens. (How many career-threatening injuries have happened at NFL games there)?

That stadium should be used for conventions, professional wrestling, monster truck rallies, rodeos, midget racing, a homeless shelter or aerial bombardment target practice.

ma-gaga
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't understand... Are the Twins inviting these "brawls" or are the other teams provoking them?

Who is in whose head? Can you seriously tell me that Oakland isn't pissed off at losing to them in last years playoffs? That KC isn't irked at the 14-5 record against them last year, that Tampa Bay isn't pissed off at the 9-0 run, that the Sox aren't pissed off at the 25-11 record against them over the last two years?!?

The Twins have left it there on the field. Other teams are pissed off that they haven't beaten them. This moaning over the "not actually in a fight" stuff is lame. The Twins are losing their "cute" label. Even their Local Media (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/5908792.htm) has noticed the change...

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I don't understand... Are the Twins inviting these "brawls" or are the other teams provoking them?

Who is in whose head? Can you seriously tell me that Oakland isn't pissed off at losing to them in last years playoffs? That KC isn't irked at the 14-5 record against them last year, that Tampa Bay isn't pissed off at the 9-0 run, that the Sox aren't pissed off at the 25-11 record against them over the last two years?!?

The Twins have left it there on the field. Other teams are pissed off that they haven't beaten them. This moaning over the "not actually in a fight" stuff is lame. The Twins are losing their "cute" label. Even their Local Media (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/5908792.htm) has noticed the change...

I didn't see the Oakland or Tampa Bay incidents, but the others were clearly the Twins fault.

The incident at US Cellular Field was the result of Jon Garland hitting "Choir Boy Dougie" in the back. Why did he do this? First of all, it was Mentkeiwicz (sp?) who made the comments about Chicago not being a safe place to play, and that they should move the AS Game. Second, both Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez had been hit by Twins pitchers. Throwing at the other team's stars is an open invitation for a fight. Minnesota has no one to blame but themselves for that mess.

The Kansas City incident is not as clear cut. Both teams are deserving of blame because of what happened. However, the majority of the blame rests with Minnesota. Why? Well, the benches did not actually clear until Ron Gardenhire and "Choir Boy Dougie" became involved in the shouting match between Lopez and Al Newman. Once again, the Twins were the reason for the drama.

ma-gaga
05-21-2003, 05:20 PM
I'll agree that the Twins are "drama queens", but there's certainly a lingering resentment there from the other teams.

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I'll agree that the Twins are "drama queens", but there's certainly a lingering resentment there from the other teams.

I agree that there's resentment; however, resentment doesn't have to lead to brawls or other altercations. The White Sox and Cubs dislike each other a great deal, but there have not been any bench-clearing incidents between the two teams. The city of Chicago would go up in flames if something like that happened. :o: