PDA

View Full Version : BBTN Talking About Manuel

Viva Magglio
05-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Harold Reynolds - "Manuel is fighting to keep his job. He's a class act. His time may be short."

No comment from Bobby Valentine. Hmmm.

TheBigHurt
05-21-2003, 08:49 AM
WELL hopefully it happens right away so we still have a shot at the playoffs BE GOOD

gosox41
05-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WELL hopefully it happens right away so we still have a shot at the playoffs BE GOOD

My source tells me Manuel and Williams are here for the season. It was left open ended if the bottom were to completely drop out then things may change, but it'll happen late in the season. Reinsdorf doesn't want to have 2 managers or 2 GM's on the payroll at one time. So he'll invest over $50 mill. in a product, but won't spend an extra $1 mill. to help tha $50 mill. succeed.

Bob

voodoochile
05-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
My source tells me Manuel and Williams are here for the season. It was left open ended if the bottom were to completely drop out then things may change, but it'll happen late in the season. Reinsdorf doesn't want to have 2 managers or 2 GM's on the payroll at one time. So he'll invest over $50 mill. in a product, but won't spend an extra $1 mill. to help tha $50 mill. succeed.

Bob

Are you surprised, disgusted or merely amused?

No shock here. I would bet KW got told to keep his f'n nose out of the f'n clubhouse in no uncertain terms and had to fight to keep his job. From the info that has been flowing, this is shaping up as a classic power struggle on the highest levels, IMO.

Hopefully the team starts playing like it is capable of playing and this whole thing becomes moot.