PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite National League team?

Viva Magglio
05-21-2003, 12:40 AM
I know that the standard answer to this question is "the team that plays the Cubs," and I go along with that. Here, however, I am asking for more specificity.

doublem23
05-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Cardinals, followed closely by the Reds.

Vsahajpal
05-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Um, I think you're missing a team

Daver
05-21-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Um, I think you're missing a team

I fixed it for you Vic.

:)

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Brew Crew all the way baby!

Fridaythe13thJason
05-21-2003, 02:38 AM
It's amazing how quickly we all forget that we really hated the Brewers.

Bisco Stu
05-21-2003, 03:09 AM
METS all the way! Tom Seaver is my favorite pitcher and he forever links the Mets/Sox. Robin Ventura is another good link.

One of my fave childhood memories was opening day at Wrigley in 1977 watching Seaver beat the Flubbies. Shook Gov. Jim Thompson's (remember him?) hand and also fell to my death when one of the grandstand railings almost gave way to a crush of fans. Wrigley was a dump then as it is now.

LuvSox
05-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Diamondbacks. (From the start, not when they beat the Yanks.)

TheBigHurt
05-21-2003, 08:39 AM
FOR me it has to be the New York Metropltians cosidering I go to at least 10 Met games a year.... BE GOOD

Hangar18
05-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
It's amazing how quickly we all forget that we really hated the Brewers.

I used to have a soft spot for the Brewers, but since Selig Pulled that BS Maneuver, Letting the DBacks "TELL" him what league they wanted to be in (they were supposed to be in the AL West by the way, for you conspiracy theorists out there) Ive hated them ever since for Joining the NL. Yeah, Selig admits he gave the Tigers first choice at changing leagues (yeah, why would one of the ORIGINAL FOUR AL TEAMS ever.....want to go to the bogus NL?) He even asked KC, but he already knew that KC was going to say NO WAY, they didnt want their "history" marred and their world series appearance to be a "Footnote". of course, that didnt stop them did it? Only because Selig had some COnflicting INterests...do we see them in the bogus NL now.

Procol Harum
05-21-2003, 11:14 AM
These days it be the Cardinals. My Daddy, Grandaddy and an uncle all were Cards fans back in NC (the Cardinals were traditionally the team of the South back in the days of two 8-team leagues). Add that to their traditional rivalry with the stinkin' Cubs and it's all good. :D:

I still, theoretically, have an attachment to the Brewers from their old AL days and like Miller Park (liked County Stadium too). However, knowing how Bud Selig is helping destroy baseball while his family is laying waste to the Brewers hardly inspires active affection or interest.

Hullett_Fan
05-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Rip me if you want....but mine's the Cubs! CHICAGO PRIDE!!!

Plus, I like watching Wood and Prior pitch. I hate Sammy though...infact can't think of any players I like except Prior and Wood.

Viva Magglio
05-21-2003, 02:19 PM
By an overwhelming margin (nearly half of the vote in a 16-team field), it appears that the St. Louis Cardinals are WSI users' favorite National League team. I voted for the Cardinals when I set up the poll, and I think the No. 1 reason is the fact that the Cardinals are you-know-who's No. 1 National League rival.

What other reasons can you come up with for this? I have a few in mind, but I want to see if you have them as well.

whitesoxwilkes
05-21-2003, 03:00 PM
The Brewers followed by the Dodgers. Brewers get the edge sicne they play the Flubs more and play in a great ballpark that's only a short hop from here.

Hangar18
05-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Ooops, in my venom filled haste, Forgot to Mention the CARDINALS would be my fave NL Team. An Enemy of My Enemy is my FRIEND. go red birds.

Hangar18
05-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Rip me if you want....but mine's the Cubs! CHICAGO PRIDE!!!

Plus, I like watching Wood and Prior pitch. I hate Sammy though...infact can't think of any players I like except Prior and Wood.

Hulett. strangely, i dont have a problem with a cub fan liking the sox at all or someone liking both teams. only if its equal. and no strings attached. I have a couple of friends like this. I just could never like that team personally......

FarmerAndy
05-21-2003, 03:26 PM
When I was a kid my brother loved the Astros, so I've always liked them. I've always loved the Cards too.

Over the past couple of years though, I've really pulled for Montreal. I guess part of it is the desire to root for the underdog, but most of it is the fact that they've done a great job with putting together good teams without alot of money or fan support. Plus, I'd love to see a team that Bud wanted to contract go to the World Series, and since I can't root for the Twins, that leaves the Expos.

Thunderstruck30
05-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
By an overwhelming margin (nearly half of the vote in a 16-team field), it appears that the St. Louis Cardinals are WSI users' favorite National League team. I voted for the Cardinals when I set up the poll, and I think the No. 1 reason is the fact that the Cardinals are you-know-who's No. 1 National League rival.

What other reasons can you come up with for this? I have a few in mind, but I want to see if you have them as well.

I picked the Cardinals mainly since they are the Cubs rival. But I cant think of any other reasons. I just like them, do I need a reason?

LuvSox
05-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Rip me if you want....but mine's the Cubs!

:chunks

Ol Aches & Pains
05-21-2003, 08:59 PM
The Milwaukee Braves. What's this Milwaukee Brewers, Atlanta Braves stuff in your list? Did I miss something?

Bucktown
05-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Whoever is playing the Cubs.

siugrad25
05-21-2003, 09:30 PM
What's sad is that I'm so devoted to the Sox that I really never thought of a favorite NL team. Call me a hopeless AL fan, but I really never really rooted for a NL team unless they 1) play the Cubs or 2) play the Yankees in a W.S. But, I've sort of been following the Marlins now that I'm down here and if there's one team doesn't have a fan base - the Marlins are one of them.

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-21-2003, 09:31 PM
cardinals, it was great watching the cardinals rock alfonsuca during the weekend on tv :D

SouthSideHitman
05-21-2003, 11:40 PM
For me its the Cards for because A) they're the cubs Moriarty B) their an charter franchise of the modern MLB C) because of that, they're in a real city, with cold weather and rust under its nails not like tampa or san diego D) they have a tradtition of winning and loving baseball E) my Missouri relatvies are Cards fans.

Speaking of Cards fans, I would think that they would also feel some fondness for the Sox as the cubs on chicago rivals, like pretty much all Sox fans feel on some level, but no. Almost all Cardinals fans I've talked to who don't live in Chicago have seemed either indifferent or hostile towards the Sox, I just don't get it.

MHOUSE
05-22-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
E) my Missouri relatvies are Cards fans.

You're lucky, my relatives are all from Ohio and big Tribe fans. They suck.

bfauble83
05-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Mine will be the Expos, if/when they move to DC,NOVA

A.T. Money
05-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Dodgers.