PDA

View Full Version : We'll gain on Minnie & K.C.

Viva Magglio
05-21-2003, 12:34 AM
The Twins and Royals are on a tough Left Coast swing, while we are playing easy teams. Tonight, it looks like we'll gain on both of them. Every little bit helps. Now if Burly-mon will be the Burly-mon we adore and not Mark "Meet Me in St. Louis" Buehrle...

Meanwhile, yet another bench-clearing incident involving the Twins tonight.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 01:47 AM
The Twins are approaching ridiculous-level with this bench clearing stuff. Twice in that game tonight benches cleared to stand around, no punches. Some of their guys take offense whenever someone looks the wrong way. It's so stupid. Suck it up and play baseball, get pissed when it matters. Sheesh!

34 Inch Stick
05-21-2003, 09:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing Viva. Unfortuneately it is just a temporary aid. June is a brutal month for the Sox and I do not expect to come out of it within 7 games of first place.

Juan Pizarro
05-21-2003, 10:58 AM
This division is just ripe for the plucking if the Sox would just WAKE UP!

4+1/2 out playing like crap. Reminds me of '83 a little, when they were slow out of the gate. If only!

gosox41
05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
This division is just ripe for the plucking if the Sox would just WAKE UP!

4+1/2 out playing like crap. Reminds me of '83 a little, when they were slow out of the gate. If only!

That's the problem. The Sox should have a lead on the division right now. The first 22 games were a piece of cake and the Sox walk out 2 games over .500. Now comes two easy weeks, but nothing for this team ever goes easily. After that is a tough June where the Sox wil inevitable disappoint yet again.

Bob

RKMeibalane
05-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
That's the problem. The Sox should have a lead on the division right now. The first 22 games were a piece of cake and the Sox walk out 2 games over .500. Now comes two easy weeks, but nothing for this team ever goes easily. After that is a tough June where the Sox wil inevitable disappoint yet again.

Bob

The Sox rarely do what's expected of them. They just don't have the mental toughness necessary to contend right now. The offense shows up once a week, and the pitching is mediocre unless Colon or Loaiza is on the mound. Unless they somehow manage to run off eight or nine wins in a row, I don't think they're going to overtake Kansas City or Minnesota. Every time it looks like they're about to start a winning streak, something happens that puts them back at square one.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox rarely do what's expected of them. They just don't have the mental toughness necessary to contend right now.

Sounds a lot like someone's personality. Um...Jerry Manuel?

valposoxfan
05-21-2003, 07:58 PM
About when did the '83 Sox turn it around. I knew they started slow but when did things start changing??

NewyorkSoxFan
05-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Valpo If I remember correctly it wasn't until after memorial day did that team catch fire. They looked alot like this team, just brutal, and all of a sudden they went off.

NYSF

Lets Hope!!