PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-20-03 White Sox vs Toronto

Jjav829
05-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Bartolo Colon faces Doug Davis.

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Last season, right-handed batters hit .312 (49-157) against Davis. If the Sox don't win this game in a blowout, then they're hopeless.

Ol Aches & Pains
05-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Not to change the subject, but I just have to say, that radio commercial for Jerod Jewlers has to be the most annoying thing I've ever heard. Between the shrieking woman "singer", and the bleating soprano saxophone, it's an instant headache. I wouldn't care if they were giving it away, I would never buy a thing from them, whatever they were selling.

Jurr
05-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey...don't knock that commercial. My name is Jarrett, so I get a kick out of it. "It can only be Jarrett"...that's my song!! lol

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 09:22 PM
The Sox broke through for two runs in the third. Let's hope they can add to it.

Iguana775
05-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox broke through for two runs in the third. Let's hope they can add to it.

not likely

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Frank comes through with the clutch RBI double to make it 3-1. Frank haters, beware!

Iguana775
05-20-2003, 11:10 PM
is it me or is Graffy really sucking ass lately?

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
is it me or is Graffy really sucking ass lately?

Graffanino has been playing poorly recently. Jerry Manuel has some sort of fixation with keeping players in the lineup when they are struggling and resting them when they are not.

:firejerry

Joel Perez
05-20-2003, 11:27 PM
I wonder if someone can check on the W-L record when Miguel Olivo catches for the Sox pitching staff, and compare that stat to everyone else....

Joel Perez
05-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Nevermind...I just ran it by myself...

Miguel Olivo
W_L records when he starts:

w: 14

L: 9

START HIM!!!!

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 11:36 PM
Olivo should get the majority of the starts. If Manuel has any sense, he'll play Miguel five or six times a week and Alomar the other one or two games.

MHOUSE
05-20-2003, 11:36 PM
They talked about his W-L the other night. It's way better than Sandy's. However Olivo has been catching Colon and Loaiza who have 12 victories between them which helps.

Bartolo is a stud. Some team is going to be very happy to have him for the stretch run after the trade deadline. He pitches deep into every ballgame and even gets stronger. He eats innings like no other and he's just awesome. Colon and Loaiza are the only two Sox pitchers I have confidence in having on the mound, period. It's sad isn't it? Ah...the sweet smell of Colon.

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
They talked about his W-L the other night. It's way better than Sandy's. However Olivo has been catching Colon and Loaiza who have 12 victories between them which helps.

Bartolo is a stud. Some team is going to be very happy to have him for the stretch run after the trade deadline. He pitches deep into every ballgame and even gets stronger. He eats innings like no other and he's just awesome. Colon and Loaiza are the only two Sox pitchers I have confidence in having on the mound, period. It's sad isn't it? Ah...the sweet smell of Colon.

Colon and Loaiza are the Sox leading candidates to make the All Star team at this point. Nobody else has done enough to deserve being selected. There is still time for things to change, but it looks like the Sox may have to suffer the dubious distinction of having traded their All Stars at the deadline. How far they have fallen.

MHOUSE
05-21-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Colon and Loaiza are the Sox leading candidates to make the All Star team at this point. Nobody else has done enough to deserve being selected. There is still time for things to change, but it looks like the Sox may have to suffer the dubious distinction of having traded their All Stars at the deadline. How far they have fallen.

:kelly
"Don't forget about me!" :smile: