PDA

View Full Version : Possible Minor League Moves...

Randar68
05-20-2003, 12:02 PM
1) Get Jeremy Reed into AA ASAP. I questioned him being drafted so high as I am almost 100% he would have been there for their next pick, but he has done well and he is about the only guy in our system that takes a walk.

2) Move Yan to AA with Reed. Birmingham has nobody who can consistently hit. Josh Shaffer, Danny Sandoval and Chad Durham should be sent packing.

3) Webster to Winston-Salem. He's shown he can hit and we shouldn't rush him, but he should get that experience as soon as possible. Mid-season move with Reed to AA and Webster to High-A?

From Kannapolis, LaMura, Hummel and Rupe are candidates to move up.

From Winston-Salem, Wing and Meaux are also candidates. Honel should have a full season at W-S.

From Birmingham, Cotts, Ring, Pacheco and Yofu are the only real candidates to move up.

kermittheefrog
05-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Hey Randar what's up with Mike Morse? I've noticed he isn't completely sucking like last year. Is there some true development there?

MarkEdward
05-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
1) Get Jeremy Reed into AA ASAP. I questioned him being drafted so high as I am almost 100% he would have been there for their next pick, but he has done well and he is about the only guy in our system that takes a walk.

2) Move Yan to AA with Reed. Birmingham has nobody who can consistently hit. Josh Shaffer, Danny Sandoval and Chad Durham should be sent packing.

If the Sox were to draft either Aaron Hill or Conor Jackson, do you think they'd start in Birmingham?

Randar68
05-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Hey Randar what's up with Mike Morse? I've noticed he isn't completely sucking like last year. Is there some true development there?

Nothing new. He's in his 3rd pro year. Still not a real prospect, just has started out pretty well (for him).

Randar68
05-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
If the Sox were to draft either Aaron Hill or Conor Jackson, do you think they'd start in Birmingham?

Short of Mark Prior, the Sox would never start someone in Birmingham out of the draft.

southpaw40
05-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Nothing new. He's in his 3rd pro year. Still not a real
prospect, just has started out pretty well (for him).

still is very young for Hi A,,,,,his stats are more than respectable for a just turned 21 year old playing at this level.

Daver
05-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by southpaw40
still is very young for Hi A,,,,,his stats are more than respectable for a just turned 21 year old playing at this level.

He can't field to save his life.

Randar68
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by daver

He only has 4 errors in 33 or 34 games, so he's not terrible, but he doesn't have much range or mobility. He will never be a SS at the major league level.

Daver
05-20-2003, 08:52 PM
He only has 4 errors in 33 or 34 games, so he's not terrible, but he doesn't have much range or mobility. He will never be a SS at the major league level.

At 6' 3" he has future first baseman written all over him.

southpaw40
05-20-2003, 08:58 PM

sure sounds like a White Sox shortstop to me!

Randar68
05-20-2003, 09:04 PM
At 6' 3" he has future first baseman written all over him.

Correct, he has a pretty weak arm for a SS too. The problem is, he doesn't hit anything like a 1B. No power.

Daver
05-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Correct, he has a pretty weak arm for a SS too. The problem is, he doesn't hit anything like a 1B. No power.

You sure his name isn't Mark Grace?

Randar68
05-20-2003, 09:10 PM
You sure his name isn't Mark Grace?

Quite sure... He doesn't take many walks and strikes out his fair share.

spanishwhite
05-21-2003, 01:15 AM

Bikowski has been hitting at a good all-star clip.