PDA

View Full Version : Cowley Has Manuel on Hot Seat

Viva Magglio
05-20-2003, 10:33 AM
But we're probably "stuck" with him for the rest of the season. The article basically says KW will fire JM if we fail to make the playoffs.

From the Daily Southtown: "Manuel on hot seat" (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/201sd1.htm)

Hullett_Fan
05-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
But we're probably "stuck" with him for the rest of the season. The article basically says KW will fire JM if we fail to make the playoffs.

We've already failed to make the playoffs by pissing away the first two months of the season, so....FIRE HIM NOW!

Iguana775
05-20-2003, 11:07 AM

I thought KW was on his way out. lol

Procol Harum
05-20-2003, 12:00 PM

Gee, I wonder what the chance might be of us making the playoffs with JM at the helm of this team? Any oddsmakers out there, Sox fans??

Blueprint1
05-20-2003, 01:47 PM
hahaha I love it. JM will be fired if the Sox fail to make the playoffs? Why was he not fired when the sox failed to make the playoffs last year? Remember last year we didnt play well. Or the year before it was all the injurys yeah thats it. RIGHT!!! this is such crap. JM should be fired after we get back to Chicago. We should bring in a coach that has experience. We had our chance this offseason. If not we should wait until the end of this season and bring in someone with experience. I am so sick of the rookie managers with the sox its time to find someone we know is a winner. We don't need to hire someone that might be a winner again.

LuvSox
05-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
JM should be fired after we get back to Chicago.

The team has been here for two days. JM is still manager.

ScottySoxFan
05-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Sporting News Radio reported that Cowboy Ken has been quoted as saying Jerry Manuel will not be retained if the Sox do not make the playoffs.

They also quoted Jerry Manuel as saying he had no idea a performance ultimatum has been put into place.

I really don't see this as any surprising revelation, as I expect that both KW's and JM's jobs are on the line without a turnaround. However, it is interesting to see that a supposed demand has been set, and the only one who knows about it is KW.

Blueprint1
05-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Okay well they have been back for two days i am sorry i didnt watch the sorry sox yesterday. What i do know is that JM should be fired right now not at the end of the season.

MHOUSE
05-20-2003, 05:32 PM
What's sad is that KW will wait until game #162 to say we're "out of the playoffs" and fire Jerry. He needs to realize that if we don't turn it around by the end of the month then we are out of the playoffs. How long before this "slump" becomes the fact that this team just isn't as good as we thought? It's 44 games in, still "early", but it's getting later and more dim by the inning.

RKMeibalane
05-20-2003, 05:44 PM
If the Sox do not win each of these next two series (Toronto and Detroit), Manuel should be fired. They already lost to the Blue Jays last night, and a loss tonight seals JM's fate. "The Tinkerer's" days in Chicago are numbered.

:jerry

"You can't fire me! I'm the greatest "tinkerer" of them all!"

jeremyb1
05-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
If the Sox do not win each of these next two series (Toronto and Detroit), Manuel should be fired. They already lost to the Blue Jays last night, and a loss tonight seals JM's fate. "The Tinkerer's" days in Chicago are numbered.

:jerry

"You can't fire me! I'm the greatest "tinkerer" of them all!"

where does that move fit in with the firing of ward though? if its clear to kw that manuel is the problem he shouldn't have allowed him to dismiss ward. by firing ward that says that the hitting is the problem and inserting walker is the first move we're taking to attempt to correct that. to fire manuel in a week if we're not playing better would be ridiculous because that's not even enough time to judge the success of our first move to fix the team.