PDA

View Full Version : JM's tenure

gosox41
05-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I didn't realize this until Phil Rogers talked about it today, but the Sox have had 8 coaching changes during Manuel's reign. That's got to be some sort of record for most coaching changes in such a small time frame.

Looks to me like the blame lies elsewhere.

Bob

MisterB
05-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I didn't realize this until Phil Rogers talked about it today, but the Sox have had 8 coaching changes during Manuel's reign. That's got to be some sort of record for most coaching changes in such a small time frame.

Looks to me like the blame lies elsewhere.

Bob

It's probably not a record, but Manuel's been here 5+ years and 6 of those changes have been since KW became GM. it's not a good sign when the GM and field manager are butting heads over the coaching staff.

MHOUSE
05-20-2003, 04:00 PM
They refuse to acknowledge that JM is the problem. Doesn't the fact that they keep firing other coaches and the same problems remain show that maybe it's not the other guys? He's a sleepy gandhi impersonator and his barely .500 record over six years doesn't spell success now or ever. Coaches in plenty of other sports and even baseball get canned after winning seasons and good teams who can't quite get there. Perhaps this is more of the same except that he's not even winning?!!? hmmm... :angry:

Hangar18
05-20-2003, 04:59 PM
This Thread should be Titled
The Last Days of Jerry Manuel

TheBigHurt
05-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
This Thread should be Titled
The Last Days of Jerry Manuel
HOPEFULLY it is The Last Day of Jerry Manuel.......