PDA

View Full Version : Wow! This game had everything......

South Sider
05-20-2003, 05:43 AM
we're sick to see.

1. Poor starting pitching by Wright

2. Many walks from our pitchers

3. Bad middle relief from Rick White (he found a way to even raise his ERA to 9.00....Nice Work

4. Bad Defense ( Thanks Daubach & Lee , nice work in the OF)

5. Bad calls by the umpires

6. A meaningless ejection by JM

7. Another GIDP from Paulie

8. Bad hitting overall (just 7 hits and just 2 runs again vs CY YOUNG Lidle)

9. Another blowout loss vs a mediocre team

10. Many first swing outs from our "talented" Lineup. Overall no patience at the plate

11. No speed at the bases

12. Bad pinch hitting

13. Another game were we're out of the game before we ever step up to the plate

The big surprises

1. Crede starts to hit the ball
2. 2 hits from Daubach
3. No solo shot from the Sox
4. No infield errors

The bad thing of it all

Before the game even started I knew the Sox will loose.
They're so bad this year that even a new manager wouldn't
change anything.

This will be a looooooooooooooooong season for the Sox.
I doubt that we will reach .500 this season again.

The worst part of it all.......the future looks very dark .
If nothing dramatic will be done then next year will be even worse

But at least I'm getting used to all of the losses.
The losses hurt.....but it is the way how they come what makes me really angry :angry: :angry: :angry: :whiner: :whiner:

pudge
05-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by South Sider

6. A meaningless ejection by JM

I thought JM's ejection was comical, it was so obvious he was trying to get thrown out to pump up the team, and the team responded by getting shelled 12-2. Crede was clearly out at third, so really Manual didn't have much to argue about. The team is just awful. I want a manager who will use the speed we have and won't be afraid to bench Konerko and/or Thomas... get Manual the heck outta town!

Brian26
05-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Interesting. I was at the game, in the third row behind Toronto's dugout. It appeared Crede slid under the tag. Instant replay usually tells the truth I guess.

Hangar18
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by South Sider

5. Bad calls by the umpires

Somethings got to be Done about these TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CALLS. Theyre Making a Bad Season WORSE.

maurice
05-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Interesting. I was at the game, in the third row behind Toronto's dugout. It appeared Crede slid under the tag. Instant replay usually tells the truth I guess.

I was near 3B when the play took place (nice bunt, Sandy). It's possible that Crede snuck his foot in, but umps routinely call the runner out when the throw beats them by such a wide margin, even if the tag is a bit off the mark. It initially looked like the 3B ump called him safe and that the home plate ump reversed him. Actually, the replay showed that the 3B ump was out of position and shrugged (similar to the "safe" sign) because he couldn't see the tag. He deferred to the home plate ump, who waited for Toronto's manager to run out of the dugout and then called Crede out. (It seems like these kind of things only ever happen to the Sox.)

When JM first ran out of the dugout, he seemed pretty calm. IMHO, after a minute or so, JM decided to get tossed and kept escalating his ranting. The home plate ump refused to throw him out and walked away, but the 3B ump granted his wish seconds later.

On a related note, I was ranting and raving before the game, because I'm sick of seeing non-OFs Daubach and Harris starting in the OF while Rios (an actual OF) rides the pine. I loudly told my buddy that JM should play Daubach at first and give PK the night off. The guy behind me (apparently a rare combo Daubach/PK fan) was upset with my comment . . . until Daubach booted the ball in the corner. Meanwhile, PK won a bet for me by making more outs than at-bats (the kind of bet I'd rather lose).

You can't beat fun at the old ballpark.