PDA

View Full Version : What should the White Sox organization do about this mess?

Viva Magglio
05-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Ho-hum, yet another blowout loss. My second option basically means get a new GM, get a new field manager, and get rid of key dead weight players.

TheBigHurt
05-19-2003, 11:27 PM
BLOW this current thing up and rebulid around Maggs, Frank, and Wee Willie BE GOOD

Kilroy
05-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Ho-hum, yet another blowout loss. My second option basically means get a new GM, get a new field manager, and get rid of key dead weight players.

4 months left in the season, and you're ready to pack it in for next year?

I think some new mgr blood would be good, but the question is --> who?

duke of dorwood
05-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Keep the Starting pitching, Maggs, D'Angelo and Crede. Blow up the rest

jeremyb1
05-20-2003, 01:13 AM
i don't necessarily think that's an option. frank and paully are going to be on this team for quite a bit longer with the deals they signed over the offseason. ditto for koch.

Procol Harum
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
We are stuck between the Devil and the deep, blue sea on this one, folks. Obviously, we can't let this situation remain as it is. On the other hand, how can we entrust blowing the Sox up to the management team--from Reinsdorf all the way through Manuel--that is responsible for this ever-unravelling baseball disaster??

Worse yet, by all reports the great resevoir of talent in our minor league system apparently resides in the grounds crews and usher corps in Birmingham and Charlotte. We aren't gonna assemble a world championship with the material we have on hand.

Somehow, someway, we hafta force Reinsdorf to sell this team and pray, pray, pray that somebody who knows what they're doing--or knows how to identify people who would know what they're doing--will buy the Sox. :whiner:

Paulwny
05-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Other then selling, the only other solution is to increase payroll by $30-40 mil (fat chance) allowing for trades for high priced ml talented players and acquiring fa's in the off season.
However, if KW remains to do the dealing, can you say mets.

Blueprint1
05-20-2003, 12:12 PM
NEWS FLASH JR is not going to sell the team. I think its so stupid when people write that JR needs to sell the team. He is going going to sell the team he is the president until the day he dies.

Procol Harum
05-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
NEWS FLASH JR is not going to sell the team. I think its so stupid when people write that JR needs to sell the team. He is going going to sell the team he is the president until the day he dies.

That may well be the truth, but the departure of JR--one way or t'other--is the solution for turning around this team. Otherwise, we should all start buying our St. Louis Cardinal merchandise and forget baseball on the South Side, because this trainwreck ain't gonna pull into the World Series station any decade soon with Reinsdorf's hand on the throttle.

If there is one thing that would force his hand it would be the possibility of shrinking profits and trouble from his partners. That would get his attention. While I'm no big enthusiast of organized fan boycotts, the make-up of the average Sox fan's mentality makes him a good candidate for informal boycotts that spring from his own anger/discontent/disinterest at years of bad baseball, inept management, and contemptible treatment by ownership. Sox fans have been (since 1994), and are still, voting on JR's ownership of this team with their butts and wallets.
Hopefully, that might pay off for us in the long run.

LuvSox
05-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Do JR & Bill Wirtz hang out together?

DaveGusinSeattle
05-20-2003, 03:43 PM
HA HA I think so!!!

AT the Hard Times Blue Cafe :whiner: