PDA

View Full Version : It's Up To The Fans

Mammoo
05-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Bear fans ran Dave Wannstedt out of town by becoming "no shows". That got the McCaskey family's attention.

White Sox fans must demand that something be done. The only thing Reinsdorf understands is dollars and cents. If you go to the ballpark your sanctioning the piss poor performance that is being served up.

Like I said, the fans have the power if they choose to seize it. Personally, I won't spend dime one until they do something. :angry:

Daver
05-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
Bear fans ran Dave Wannstedt out of town by becoming "no shows". That got the McCaskey family's attention.

White Sox fans must demand that something be done. The only thing Reinsdorf understands is dollars and cents. If you go to the ballpark your sanctioning the piss poor performance that is being served up.

Like I said, the fans have the power if they choose to seize it. Personally, I won't spend dime one until they do something. :angry:

It's been tried,it won't work,it just provides JR an excuse NOT to spend money.

It's not like he has to pay the rent on the ballpark.

Lip Man 1
05-18-2003, 05:29 PM
good point daver...which leads me to ask is there ANYTHING fans can do to change what has been going on basically since 1995.

Lip

Paulwny
05-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
good point daver...which leads me to ask is there ANYTHING fans can do to change what has been going on basically since 1995.

Lip

No shows at the all star game and let it be known that you're not attending because of JR. Embarrassing him may be the only answer.

Mammoo
05-18-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm not talking about some half assed boycott and I'm not suggesting how people should spend their disposable income. That's a decision that everyone makes based on their personal situation. I'm just saying all the bellyaching in the world will not change things. Reinsdorf is a business man first and foremost. It's all about the bottom line to him. I don't believe that melodramatic bull crap about how his heart was broken when the Ddodgers left Brooklyn! :whiner: You can keep your beer cold next to Reinsdorf's heart!!

The Board of Directors or the partners or whatever they call themselves will put pressure on Rreinsdorf to do something when attendance dwindles to a trickle!

The White Sox are an embarrassment, plain and simple! :angry:

Viva Magglio
05-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo

Have you seen our attendance figures since the 1994 strike? Sox fans have basically been doing that since '94, and look where we are now.

hsnterprize
05-18-2003, 06:28 PM
I guess other than a full fledged military-style coup against Sox management, there isn't too much of a way the upper-level guys are going to go away. Maybe Jerry will go, and there's even a slimmer chance Kenny goes. But I wouldn't think that Jerry is going to give the team up. Whether he's a businessman or a fan first doean't matter. He's the owner of the team, and he's going to sit comfortably in his office chair regardless on whether his team wins or loses.

Here's a question for anyone...who does Jerry give an account to as far as how the team is going? Does the ISFA have any say in who runs the team, or the upper-level board of the Sox? Someone should know.

Daver
05-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize

Here's a question for anyone...who does Jerry give an account to as far as how the team is going? Does the ISFA have any say in who runs the team, or the upper-level board of the Sox? Someone should know.

He gives an accounting to his partners,no one else.

The IFSA has no say in anything to do concerning the team.

Hangar18
05-18-2003, 07:09 PM
I know there are a bunch of reasons on why this team hasnt won anything Since Reinsdorf bought the team. But Im going to have to chime in with something that Certainly IS HURTING this team. The Media. Funny, in talking to Minnesota fans, fans who DONT live in chicago. They believe all the things thats been said/written/broadcast about the Sox the last few years. Imagine explaining to a fan, that SOX fans dont run the field with Regularity. How those were actually CUB fans that were Guilty of that. Imagine me hearing that hey, at least Cub Fans Dont do these things. Then I tell them a week later, a Cub Fan throws a Cell Phone at a Padres Player, and they say Im making it up. THey didnt hear about it in the Media. Why are Sox Fans such Liars? See whats Happening here? Seeing how the Sox get very little Media coverage, let alone Positive Media Coverage, one Can For Sure See How this NEGATIVE coverage is hurting them. Hey Jerry, How stupid Can You be to HAVE IGNORED THIS VERY REAL, VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM ?? That other team has used the Media to Help Run Us into the Ground. And That just shouldnt be. NO WAY. How could you let this happen Jerry? How ?

voodoochile
05-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
No shows at the all star game and let it be known that you're not attending because of JR. Embarrassing him may be the only answer.

That's adding insult to injury. Ask the common fan to not attend the game nor sell the ticket (which might net them half the season package price).

Take signs to the park. Write the newspapers demanding JR sell. I can't advocate that people dump their single chance to get a little back from the JR regime.

How about a protest the night of the AS game by the El Station? We'll get some "Reinsdorf Sucks" T-shirts (on the back - "Sell Jerry Sell"). Carry some big placards with a list of JR's management mistakes and generate some publicity...

LuvSox
05-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Have you seen our attendance figures since the 1994 strike? Sox fans have basically been doing that since '94, and look where we are now.

Very true. I myself had a boycott from '94 to '99.

Procol Harum
05-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Take signs to the park. Write the newspapers demanding JR sell. I can't advocate that people dump their single chance to get a little back from the JR regime.

How about a protest the night of the AS game by the El Station? We'll get some "Reinsdorf Sucks" T-shirts (on the back - "Sell Jerry Sell"). Carry some big placards with a list of JR's management mistakes and generate some publicity...

Sounds like a good idea--embarrassment and humiliation might be the only arrows left in our quiver. Still, I hate the idea of muckin' up the Sox' image any more in the national media at the All-Star game. Maybe we need to start totin more "Sell, Jerry, Sell" banners to the park and parade them through the aisles. Do you think JR's tight-fisted control would allow such a thing, or would Sox Security descend upon you as a public nuisance or security threat?

soxnut
05-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah "sell Jerry sell" as someone from Portland buys the team.....thanks alot guys