PDA

View Full Version : HEY OWNER do SOMETHING!

Blueprint1
05-18-2003, 04:43 PM
something has to be done. Someone has to be blamed for this teams play. This is three years in a row that we have not played as well as we should. I dont know when someone is going to be blamed. I reminds me of the fact taht he would not fire Tim Floyd or Jerry Krouse it seems like this is the case with the sox also. He hates us fans so much that he wants to prove us all wrong by sticking with these guys. The trouble with that is that these guys are not any good. This team just got swept by the Twins AGAIN. They have as much if not more talent than the Twins. ITs time to do something fire someone fire the darn bat boy but at least show the fans that you care. Or is it that Mr. Reinsdorf you just hate us fans so much you want to prove you have picked the right guy for the job. Ill show the fans ill stick with these bums I know they will win sometime..

PaleHoseGeorge
05-18-2003, 04:56 PM
I remember back on September 25, 2000. The Sox had clinched the Central Division title and Jerry Reinsdorf was getting soaked in champagne inside the clubhouse. Did he use the occasion to be magnamious? LOL, yeah right. Here's what Jerry Reinsdorf said:

"I'm sure Sox fans are glad they were wrong about the White Flag Trade."

Speaking three years later about the state of the Sox, and the obvious need for yet another major shake up in Reinsdorf's ****ed up organization, I can only say one thing in reply:

"I'm NOT GLAD I was right about the White Flag Trade. It was just one more ****ing excuse. Now 23 years worth of them from Jerry Reinsdorf... and counting." :angry:

:reinsy
"I am the most miserable human being on the face of God's Earth. I wouldn't know a party if it landed on my face and wiggled."

soxnut
05-18-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm glad the white flag trade happened. That team was just about as bad as this team has been. I had no problem with that trade.

And how do you guys know that there isn't something going on behind the scenes to try to make this team better? You have to go at least a month and half into the season to see how your team is playing. Career-wise, our hitters are much better than this, but, so far they haven't come through. Maybe they won't, maybe they will. These dumb hitters need to go back to the fundamentals of hitting.

also, I think it's ridiculous to think that JR hates us and enjoys seeing his team lose, come on.

duke of dorwood
05-18-2003, 05:52 PM
He's an arrogant, East Coast resident. 23 years speaks volumes of the fan apathy, and inability to win when we could have. Good baseball minds have no place in this org during this regime. They all went elsewhere. The inability to develop top picks is startling.

Lip Man 1
05-18-2003, 06:36 PM
As Joe Cowley said in his scathing column on Ken Williams, the owner hasn't been seen since his "threat" to the players last August (which just happened to be the day before a possible strike....coincidence? I don't think so.)

Don't look for anything to happen but another fire slae. To do anything else (especially firing Williams) is an admission of failure. Reinsdorf's ego doesn't permit that.

It's another lemon of a season fans.

Lip

Hangar18
05-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As Joe Cowley said in his scathing column on Ken Williams, the owner hasn't been seen since his "threat" to the players last August (which just happened to be the day before a possible strike....coincidence? I don't think so.)

Don't look for anything to happen but another fire slae. To do anything else (especially firing Williams) is an admission of failure. Reinsdorf's ego doesn't permit that.

It's another lemon of a season fans.

Lip

Unbelievably, I see a fire sale coming up in our future also.
Why cant this team just decide to try something Different This Time around, and RELOAD instead of REBUILD ???

Hangar18
05-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey Mr Jerry Reinsdorf. I had some very interesting conversations with Twins Fans this weekend. Basically, it confirms something Ive noticed and written about and complained about many times over here. The Media Is Killing Your Business. The Media is Hurting Your Business. Your Ignoring the Media is HURTING YOUR BUSINESS. The Other competitor in the Same City your team Plays in, Is Now Using the Media to Mock and Shame the Very Fan Base your Desperately trying to hang on to. Sox fans are starting to take this personally. Am I a scumbag, simply because I wear a Sox Cap? You see what Youve allowed to happen? You have no Choice but to Step Down. Please. Before its too late, and WE LOSE THIS TEAM. Do you want YOUR NAME associated with that Jerry? Do you want to be the one who let it be known that he Let a Major Competitor just 8 miles North, Use the Media to HELP DESTROY YOUR FRANCHISE? Jerry, what are you gonna do about it? I know what you should do. Just Step Down.
There is way too much to do. Your Getting On In Years. You shouldnt spend them this way anymore. Nows the time to do with with Class and Diginity. JUST STEP DOWN JERRY. Take Kenny with you. Just Step Down. Do it with Diginity Jerry.
Something Sox Fans are losing every day.......We dont deserve it

duke of dorwood
05-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Quite a 1200th post Hangar

voodoochile
05-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I remember back on September 25, 2000. The Sox had clinched the Central Division title and Jerry Reinsdorf was getting soaked in champagne inside the clubhouse. Did he use the occasion to be magnamious? LOL, yeah right. Here's what Jerry Reinsdorf said:

"I'm sure Sox fans are glad they were wrong about the White Flag Trade."

Speaking three years later about the state of the Sox, and the obvious need for yet another major shake up in Reinsdorf's ****ed up organization, I can only say one thing in reply:

"I'm NOT GLAD I was right about the White Flag Trade. It was just one more ****ing excuse. Now 23 years worth of them from Jerry Reinsdorf... and counting." :angry:

"I am the most miserable human being on the face of God's Earth. I wouldn't know a party if it landed on my face and wiggled."

Tell us how you really feel, George...

"What do you worthless peons want? I give you the best ballclub I can afford while keeping my salary and profit margin intact. I can't spend money that you lousy cheap bastards keep in your pocket. Come spend the money on my home grown (until they are worth something then gone) team and quit your bitching. The team sucks? Not my fault. Not KW's fault. Not JM's fault. It's your f'n fault. You cheap worthless, wouldn't know a baseball team from 9 men standing around with their thumbs up their collective asses and thinking about how soon they get really paid, pieces of worthless crap."

:gallas
"JR Ixnay on the umbsthay in the assthay ommentcay."

"WHAT would I do without that man?"

:KW
"Me too, right JR? Me too?"

:jerry
"Rand Rooby Roo Too..."

"Of course you two also. You work for the right price and can kiss ass with the best of them."

TornLabrum
05-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hey Mr Jerry Reinsdorf. I had some very interesting conversations with Twins Fans this weekend. Basically, it confirms something Ive noticed and written about and complained about many times over here. The Media Is Killing Your Business. The Media is Hurting Your Business. Your Ignoring the Media is HURTING YOUR BUSINESS. The Other competitor in the Same City your team Plays in, Is Now Using the Media to Mock and Shame the Very Fan Base your Desperately trying to hang on to. Sox fans are starting to take this personally. Am I a scumbag, simply because I wear a Sox Cap? You see what Youve allowed to happen? You have no Choice but to Step Down. Please. Before its too late, and WE LOSE THIS TEAM. Do you want YOUR NAME associated with that Jerry? Do you want to be the one who let it be known that he Let a Major Competitor just 8 miles North, Use the Media to HELP DESTROY YOUR FRANCHISE? Jerry, what are you gonna do about it? I know what you should do. Just Step Down.
There is way too much to do. Your Getting On In Years. You shouldnt spend them this way anymore. Nows the time to do with with Class and Diginity. JUST STEP DOWN JERRY. Take Kenny with you. Just Step Down. Do it with Diginity Jerry.
Something Sox Fans are losing every day.......We dont deserve it

"I will not let you fans continue to bring down this great team I have built up. There will be a fire sale soon, and it will be all your fault."

soxnut
05-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

"I will not let you fans continue to bring down this great team I have built up. There will be a fire sale soon, and it will be all your fault."

:hawk
you're dadgum right.......... it is your fault.
y'all are too sensitive

gosox41
05-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
I'm glad the white flag trade happened. That team was just about as bad as this team has been. I had no problem with that trade.

And how do you guys know that there isn't something going on behind the scenes to try to make this team better? You have to go at least a month and half into the season to see how your team is playing. Career-wise, our hitters are much better than this, but, so far they haven't come through. Maybe they won't, maybe they will. These dumb hitters need to go back to the fundamentals of hitting.

also, I think it's ridiculous to think that JR hates us and enjoys seeing his team lose, come on.

I'll tell you how I know that something isn't going on behind the scenes to make this team better. It's because KW is the GM and anything he does is most likely to make this team worse. It's better that KW doesn't make any player moves before he screws up.

Bob