PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte guys

MHOUSE
05-18-2003, 01:09 PM
What are the stories on Ross Gload and Scott Morgan? Both are first baseman at AAA and Gload is hitting .303. With all of the first base options we have all ready are these guys tradeable as throw-ins for part of a bigger deal? Also I would like to see what Cliff Brumbaugh can do. He's hitting .341 with an OBP just under .400 and 20 RBI. I don't know much about him but those numbers look good, Miles is still tearing it up and Hummel's numbers are looking all right playing 3rd base. If Crede peters out could this guy play there for us? Anthony Sanders has been playing a lot of outfield and I thought he was an infielder for some reason. He lasted a long time in camp and is hitting close to .300 and OBP of .355 and 20 RBI. Could he be an answer in the outfield? I am asking for knowledgable input here.

Rauch 2-1, Porzio 4-1, Cooper 5-3, all have good numbers in 8 starts apiece. If Garland were moved I think between these 3 and Stewie we would have enough cover. Also Ginter is 2-1 with a 3.24 ERA in 14 games. How long before he takes Rick White's place on the roster?

MarkEdward
05-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
What are the stories on Ross Gload and Scott Morgan? Both are first baseman at AAA and Gload is hitting .303. With all of the first base options we have all ready are these guys tradeable as throw-ins for part of a bigger deal? Also I would like to see what Cliff Brumbaugh can do. He's hitting .341 with an OBP just under .400 and 20 RBI. I don't know much about him but those numbers look good, Miles is still tearing it up and Hummel's numbers are looking all right playing 3rd base. If Crede peters out could this guy play there for us? Anthony Sanders has been playing a lot of outfield and I thought he was an infielder for some reason. He lasted a long time in camp and is hitting close to .300 and OBP of .355 and 20 RBI. Could he be an answer in the outfield? I am asking for knowledgable input here.

Brumbaugh, Gload, and Morgan are all corner outfielders/infielders. Gload is a former Cubbie prospect who can't draw a walk, so his BA is pretty empty. Morgan, according to Daver, plays defense well, but that's all he does (although he is walking some this year). Brumbaugh is the best of the bunch, but that's not saying much.

As for Miles and Hummel, both seem to be stuck in AAAA land.

Rauch 2-1, Porzio 4-1, Cooper 5-3, all have good numbers in 8 starts apiece. If Garland were moved I think between these 3 and Stewie we would have enough cover. Also Ginter is 2-1 with a 3.24 ERA in 14 games. How long before he takes Rick White's place on the roster?

Hopefully soon :smile:.

jeremyb1
05-18-2003, 08:29 PM
i'm pretty sure gload was a minor league free agent prior to the season. any team that wanted him could have had him for nothing, he's not worth anything.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-18-2003, 09:29 PM
gload has always been and always will be a journeyman minor leaguer

MHOUSE
05-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Ok so Gload is a minor league chump, Morgan plays defense well, and Brumbaugh is the best of the bunch. Well sounds like Brumbaugh might be the only one with a shot at the bigs especially with the logjam of corner infielders/outfielders we have. I want Ginter up here ASAP!

Daver
05-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Ok so Gload is a minor league chump, Morgan plays defense well, and Brumbaugh is the best of the bunch. Well sounds like Brumbaugh might be the only one with a shot at the bigs especially with the logjam of corner infielders/outfielders we have. I want Ginter up here ASAP!

Brumbaugh really doesn't have much of a shot either,he benefits a lot from playing in the band box that is Knights Feild.

MHOUSE
05-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Ok what about Anthony Sanders? Is he any good as an outfielder? If we have no AAA outfield prospects (aside from Joe Borchard eventually) is there anyone we could go out and get? Encarnacion, Guillen, and Drew have been mention but not well recieved. Anyone else?

Daver
05-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Ok what about Anthony Sanders? Is he any good as an outfielder? If we have no AAA outfield prospects (aside from Joe Borchard eventually) is there anyone we could go out and get? Encarnacion, Guillen, and Drew have been mention but not well recieved. Anyone else?

Sanders was signed before ST as a minor league free agent,mostly to help fill out the Knights roster,he,like Brumbaugh is nothing special,but could serve as a fill in if necessary.

I would think that if anyone they would call up Mario Valenzuela before anyone else,outside of Borchard.

MRKARNO
05-18-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm in favor of promoting Brumbaugh

MHOUSE
05-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm in favor of promoting Brumbaugh

I'd like to see what he can do. Miles and Sanders as well. But it's tough to get a look at guys when we're trying to compete. We need solutions. What's the story on Valenzuela? (Daver)

Daver
05-19-2003, 12:11 AM
I'd like to see what he can do. Miles and Sanders as well. But it's tough to get a look at guys when we're trying to compete. We need solutions. What's the story on Valenzuela? (Daver)

Valenzuela has been shopped for two years,similar to Gload and Brumbaugh,he is a AAAA player,not really an everyday player in the majors,but a good minor league player.

Aaron Miles is a project player that has been in the Sox system for seven years,finally acheiving AAA at 26 years old,he is a marginal defensive second baseman with little range,and until last year had almost no bat,I will give Gregg Ritchie some credit for him having a good season swinging the bat last year,and Greg Walker for continuing it this year.I have my doubts that he can do much against MLB pitching though.

doublem23
05-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Actually I think Miles spent 3-4 of his years in the Astros organization.