PDA

View Full Version : I went to see the Brew Crew today....

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 07:22 PM
...and they won 8-6! Eddie Perez hit a walk-off 3-run homer with two outs. It was roped off the foul poul in LF. Great game! DeJean won (1-2) and Williamson lost (3-2).

I really liked Miller Park. It's nice and new and a good place to see a game for a lot less overall than the 'Cell'.

Glendon Rusch reminds me a lot of Mark in that he's a lefty who works quickly and doesn't throw that hard, but hasn't been accurate this season and has suffered.

Anyways.....I checked out Jose Gullen and he is a good outfielder. He played RF today and made a nice catch to rob Jenkins of a hit to the gap. He batted 2nd and sees a lot of pitches. He went 0-5, but didn't look bad at the plate. Still batting .318 with 7 homers and 21 RBI. His OBP is .351 and OPS is .940 which I think is pretty good. I don't know much about OPS but everyone here makes a big deal about it. Anyways I still think the Sox should trade for him. Reds could use a starting pitcher.

doublem23
05-17-2003, 09:03 PM
It should be less than the "Cell" 'cause its way worse.

MarqSox
05-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
It should be less than the "Cell" 'cause its way worse.

Indeed. Go to Miller 4 more times and then tell me you still like it. It's crap.

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Indeed. Go to Miller 4 more times and then tell me you still like it. It's crap.

How do you figure?

Our seats were great for $26 and parking was $6 which is less than half what it is at the 'Cell'.

Daver
05-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
How do you figure?

Our seats were great for $26 and parking was $6 which is less than half what it is at the 'Cell'.

I have never paid to park to see a game at Comiskey Park.

MarkEdward
05-17-2003, 11:41 PM

Anyways I still think the Sox should trade for him. Reds could use a starting pitcher.

He can't play center, though. Do you still want to trade Garland for a fifth outfielder?

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have never paid to park to see a game at Comiskey Park.

Not a bad idea.

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
He can't play center, though. Do you still want to trade Garland for a fifth outfielder?

Well we don't have any other options. I miss Rowand.

Daver
05-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Not a bad idea.

I park on State street and walk the eight blocks to the park.There is always parking available in front of Stateway Gardens.

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I park on State street and walk the eight blocks to the park.There is always parking available in front of Stateway Gardens.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to find it I don't know the city very well, but I'll manage.

dllrbll7
05-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Ive been there about 5 times since it open and i still think the park has a good feel to it. I went to one of the games last week against the Scrubs and really had a good time. They had a live band playin at one of the main entrances and i really like the concourse atmosphere. I was sittin in the left field 2nd tier bleachers and you were right on top of the action. I wont even begin to comment on the atmosphere outside the park with all the tailgating and the beer/brat stand.

doublem23
05-18-2003, 02:16 AM

The CTA also makes frequent stops within walking distance.

doublem23
05-18-2003, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to find it I don't know the city very well, but I'll manage.

Stateway Gardens is the name of the project across the Dan Ryan from U.S. Cellular Field, which, IIRC is being torn down... What are they going to do with that land once its clear? Please tell me a bar will be going in there.