PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-17-03 White Sox at Minnesota

Jjav829
05-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Jon Garland tries to win against Joe "Cy" Mays.

TheBigHurt
05-17-2003, 08:04 PM
LET GO Gar-Boy

balboner
05-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Gary Ward should sure be proud of the swings that many of the Sox players have been showing lately. Seriously, is there a major league player that swings worse than Joe Crede? Maybe Willie Harris, but he's not a major leauger.

siugrad25
05-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Unbelievable grab by Torii Hunter. Will we ever catch a break or figure out Cy Mays?

MetalliSox
05-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by siugrad25
Unbelievable grab by Torii Hunter. Will we ever catch a break or figure out Cy Mays?

We hit him hard twice last year, but I know what you mean. The guy is 3-3 with an ERA near 6.00, and he faces us and nothing. It's a mind game now.

There probably shouldn't be one anti-Garland post tonight. 1 ER in 6 innings. That's all we can ask for by our #5.

siugrad25
05-17-2003, 09:23 PM
I agree with you 100 percent about Garland. We finally get a good outing from the kid and again our offense sputters.

Leonidas
05-17-2003, 10:09 PM
You know I think I've watched too many Sox games. In the top of the 8th inning, Thomas up, I had a dead set feeling that he was going to get punched out. Especially after they put up that great stat how he's 6-whatever over .300 against Hawkins. Why are these guys so predictable? Konerko looks dead up there, like I do in the batting cages. The only positive was when they started swinging first pitch on Mays' dead strait pitches from the stretch. 4 Singles, 1 run, and too little too late.

And those errors, what a joke! I'm so angry I struggled through this game. Tori Hunter robbing Lee of the tying home run is fitting, just what I think we all need to realize....it ain't gonna happen. Or maybe it will....who knows, look for positives right? The endless cycle of anxiety. Man sometimes I think that those mindless fans on the north have it so easy...don't even care about what their team does. Makes losing fun!

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who knew how to condition themselves while watching this team...a convincing 3 game sweep and then this garbage. Anyone figure out how to sort of pay attention without going nuts?

I'll keep watching, at least until June when the semester is up and then hopefully I won't be shelling out $14 ever other Tuesday or so driving from NU to watch a loser.

Daver
05-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Leonidas
You know I think I've watched too many Sox games. In the top of the 8th inning, Thomas up, I had a dead set feeling that he was going to get punched out. Especially after they put up that great stat how he's 6-whatever over .300 against Hawkins. Why are these guys so predictable? Konerko looks dead up there, like I do in the batting cages. The only positive was when they started swinging first pitch on Mays' dead strait pitches from the stretch. 4 Singles, 1 run, and too little too late.

And those errors, what a joke! I'm so angry I struggled through this game. Tori Hunter robbing Lee of the tying home run is fitting, just what I think we all need to realize....it ain't gonna happen. Or maybe it will....who knows, look for positives right? The endless cycle of anxiety. Man sometimes I think that those mindless fans on the north have it so easy...don't even care about what their team does. Makes losing fun!

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who knew how to condition themselves while watching this team...a convincing 3 game sweep and then this garbage. Anyone figure out how to sort of pay attention without going nuts?

I'll keep watching, at least until June when the semester is up and then hopefully I won't be shelling out $14 ever other Tuesday or so driving from NU to watch a loser.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Jurr
05-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Dude.....I'm as big a fan as anybody..I want the Sox to win the Central, the WS, everything...but, I don't want to lose any sleep over a damn baseball team when I'm trying to get through professional school. So....what I do (and it may help) is just take it a game at a time. Just enjoy the sport, watch the team, and hope for the best. You almost have to desensitize yourself to losing. Almost how you've had to do the last couple years when it's August and the games don't matter anymore. You just watch the Sox, shrug off losses, and rejoice in wins. If the wins exceed the losses, then they go to the playoffs and you're happy. If not, there are greater tragedies in life. That's the only way I can stay sane.