PDA

View Full Version : get over it

oldcomiskey
05-17-2003, 03:37 PM
you want to know why the cubs are in first place and we aint-----DUSTY--thats why..say all you want about how Cub management dont care if they field a winner---but dont say a damn thing until you look in the mirror

WhiteSoxWinner
05-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Ah, yeah Dusty pitched a great game last week, oh wait, he doesn't pitch. OK, but that home run in extra innings he hit to win the game, oh wait, he doesn't hit either. I suppose he doesn't play defense either, so forget that great play in the field.

The manager is there to guide and motivate. Trammel could be the greatest motivator in the history of the game, but the Tigers will suck because they have no talent. The lack of talent will also show through in KC eventually. The Sox have talent, and it will come through. The Cubs are winning beacuse they have a pretty good pitching staff. Are you saying Bob Brenly is the biggest reason the Diamondbacks won the WS, and not Schilling and Johnson?

fquaye149
05-17-2003, 04:15 PM
dusty's a moron. no excuse to leave an injury liability like wood in for 140 pitches at the beginning of may. dusty's average at best as a manager and a good photo op with his little kids and whatever but it doesn't make him a good manager

hose
05-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
you want to know why the cubs are in first place and we aint-----DUSTY--thats why..say all you want about how Cub management dont care if they field a winner---but dont say a damn thing until you look in the mirror

The Cubs are in first place because Minnesota was going out of business at the time and didn't want to spend the money it took to sign Prior.

The Cubs will continue to get fat off teams dumping payroll. They got Clement last year and probably will end up with Lowell also.
The Cubs could be good for at least the next 5 years or so.

oldcomiskey
05-17-2003, 06:41 PM
oh please---your hatred of the cubs has blinded you---dusty is a good motivator----manuel dont play for the guys either

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Dusty is a great manager. He clearly doesn't stand for the aw shucks we'll win next year attitude. He had some great seasons in San Fran and was well liked by everyone. A decent manager can win with a good team (i.e. Torre), but a good manager will get more out of ok players and win as a team. The Cubs are a good team winning close games and playing sound baseball. Don't let your cubbie hatred blind you.

oldcomiskey
05-17-2003, 10:03 PM
if tonights was corpseball then Manuel is the crypt keeper

doublem23
05-17-2003, 10:04 PM
I can hear the sound of that pitching staff being run into the ground.

I wouldn't want Dusty Baker.

Lip Man 1
05-18-2003, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't want Dusty Baker...

Sure we prefer such inexperienced, brain dead slugs as Gene Lamont, Terry Bevington and Jerry Manuel (but they work cheap!)

Lip

Mammoo
05-18-2003, 04:07 AM
The Cubs will roll over the South Side Gutless Wonders...

Hangar18
05-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

The Cubs are in 1st place because the system of baseball allowed a team to acquire Certain Priviledged Information, regarding said teams Future in the MLB. they thought they would use this Priviledged Information to save a little money, because also at that time, a certain top college pitcher decided to make a ludicrous Money Demand (never mind that he hadnt thrown a professional pitch yet) and somehow, became a Cub because of all of that. IN a right and perfect world, Prior wouldve been A Twin, his Winning wouldve again helped jumpstart and motivate that team and the city, exciting the fans and the political administration up there, to allow a new and BETTER Stadium up there. The Cubs are also in first place because a world series team allowed their manager to not only Leave, but to also go to a team that could potentially Hurt them later in the year. How dumb is the SF owner? The Cubs are in 1st place because this season, their Division could actually have 2 teams with 100 Losses. Looks good when the Cubs beat the Brewers and Pirates all the time doesnt it?

Lip Man 1
05-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Just wondering folks (especially you conspiracy theorists)

Would you rather Mark Prior be with the TWINS? so that they'd have a chance to have a 20 game winner for the next ten years or so?

Would you rather have Prior in the same division as the Sox?

Let's stop a moment and count our blessings.

Lip

jeremyb1
05-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Would you rather Mark Prior be with the TWINS? so that they'd have a chance to have a 20 game winner for the next ten years or so?

in principle, yes. othersise you make a good point.

Kroozah
05-20-2003, 01:35 AM
Dusty wanted to leave SF anyhow not the other way around.
Also, the media was critical of how Dusty handled his team, ie his favorite players that were old and basically hanging around longer than they should have. Dusty is very thin skinned toward any critisiums and one thing the Brian Sabean did was get another manager that is just as good, and put a better team together than last year. Even the youngsters are doing fairly good. Dusty put himself in the best possible position he could be in, the media friendly Cubs and all their fans and media Dusty is just played right into their hands.

Sad
05-20-2003, 09:11 AM
I think we all know Dusty doesn't play, but has obviously done something for that clubhouse...

and to call him a moron is assenine... clue-in!

I love my White SOX, but these He-Said, She-Said hate- and jealousy-filled :whiner: posts re: the other side of town are getting old... sometimes I think this site should be renamed Cub Haters Interactive...

whitesoxwilkes
05-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Sad

I love my White SOX, but these He-Said, She-Said hate- and jealousy-filled :whiner: posts re: the other side of town are getting old... sometimes I think this site should be renamed Cub Haters Interactive...

I agree. We play the Cubs 6 times a year. To me, they're insignificant.

Hangar18
05-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Yes, Im a Conspiracy Theorist. I cant believe the MLB thinks they can get away with activities like this. Its Ridiculous and Insults my Intelligence. Yes, Id Rather Prior have been with the Twins, because though It would HURT the SOX Immediately and in short term, as well as HELP the good people of Minnesota, who have enough History and World Series appearances to warrant them staying here, This Would eventually help the Sox, because they would be STUCK Behind the Twinkies and be FORCED TO MAKE BOLD MOVES TO OVERTAKE THEM. I think it would mean more and be more NOBLE if the Sox DIDNT take THE EASY ROAD to the playoffs. Plus, the fact that facing "The Greattest Pitcher EVER" would only prepare the SOX hitters better for facing Good Pitchers Come Playoff Time.

Hullett_Fan
05-20-2003, 11:10 AM
I can see the future now...

2004 - Cubs Finally Win World Series (w/ Tejada and Lowell on left side of IF and 3, 20 game winners: Wood, Prior, Zambrano)

2005 - Reinsdorf, realizing that this is a Cubs town, sells team to group from Tennesee

2006 - Comissioner approves Sox move to Nashville

2010 - Nashville Opry Dogs win World Series! Magglio Ordonez named MVP

Kroozah
05-20-2003, 02:26 PM
On my post I wouldn't call it he said/she said, living here in the bay are during Dusty's tenure, you know that what I spoke of is fact.

When the Sox were here playing the A's, that first inning when the baseloaded drop, I slithered down in my seat wanting to hide.

This team needs more a good ole swift kick in the ass, but all that kicking the foot wold really hurt. All this sort of reminds me when they ran LaRussa out of town, same things now as then, just 20 years later... and have still yet to win a playoff series.