PDA

View Full Version : It's Up To Garland...

valposoxfan
05-17-2003, 10:37 AM
As much as in pains me to say it, this series now depends on Jon "What if I booed YOU at work" Garland. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but in order for us to win the 2 out of 3 we need in Minnesota he needs to step up and that is going to be tough coming off of an 18-3 loss and the fact that he doesn't give a ****. I'm still hoping for 2 out of 3 but my hopes aren't the same as they were yesterday. Please come through, Jon. :(:

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 10:39 AM
I hope he comes through as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Dave Wills kept cynically saying "But hey, we've got Jon Garland going tomorrow.....haha." Lets hope..... :(:

BTW: Great nickname! "What if I booed YOU at work" Garland. I love it!

DrCrawdad
05-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I hope he comes through as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Dave Wills kept cynically saying "But hey, we've got Jon Garland going tomorrow.....haha." Lets hope..... :(:

BTW: Great nickname! "What if I booed YOU at work" Garland. I love it!

Nice tag! Jeez, this guy Rick White has done nothing but come in and extinguish the Sox chance virtually every time he's come in. I've had enough of Rick White. Trade White for a sack of feces or release him and bring up Ginter.

TRL
05-17-2003, 01:27 PM
At least White got in the game to pitch last night. Better to have him come in when the game is already over than to have him pitch tonight when we might still have a chance to win.

There is no doubt though that Jon has to pitch well tonight. Let's just hope that the Twins used up all of their runs last night.

DrCrawdad
05-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by TRL
At least White got in the game to pitch last night. Better to have him come in when the game is already over than to have him pitch tonight when we might still have a chance to win.

There is no doubt though that Jon has to pitch well tonight. Let's just hope that the Twins used up all of their runs last night.

GO-GO-GARLAND!

I hope you're on to something with the Twins runs.

TheBigHurt
05-17-2003, 02:22 PM
I have complete confidence in Gar-Boy toknight :) BE GOOD

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 07:12 PM
The tag was too big, Daver made me take it off. :(: Yeah release him and bring up Ginter ASAP. He's ruined a chance to win in several of Buehrle's starts.

Joel Perez
05-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Well, it looks like he did OK...just that Cy Mays did it again to the Sox.

konerkopeachy
05-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Garland had a good outing, only giving up those unearned runs on errors made by the defense.....yeesh. It looks like he's gotten his act together, for now. Too bad the offense couldn't back him up. Yet I would have really liked to see Garland pick up this win....maybe next start...when Sox bats will be a-flyin'? :smile:

doublem23
05-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Excellent outing by Jon.

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:51 PM
He was pretty erratic most of the game, but managed to settle down when he had to. It could have been a lot worse, but good job to keep focus by Jon.

It seems whenever we decide that this is it then he gives a good performance that staves off his demotion long enough to choke again a few times. Lets hope this is the beginning of him being good. As always.....