PDA

View Full Version : WSOX

arneharris
05-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Y A W N . . .

1. The Score (Murphy, North and Offman. Offman's weekend show often is a four hour advertisement for not going to US Cellular Field.)

What are you talking about? North is a Sox fan.

Let's break it down:
Murphy/Huebner - 50/50, but it's dominated by Murphy, so I'll go with 60/40 in favor of the Cubs.

Boers/Bernstein - Sox. Bernstein's a Sox fan, Boers is not passionate either way, but probably seems to be more Cubs. I'd say 70/30 Sox.

North/Buffone - North is Sox all the way; Buffone is not native Chicago, but is a Sox fan for whatever reason.

Jiggets- not native, but a Sox fan.

J.Hood - Sox fan.
Lawrence Holmes - Sox fan.

Offman is the only update anchor I can think of who is all about the Cubs.
Looks like WSOX to me.

Daver
05-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Looks like I have another Cub troll to deal with.

Viva Magglio
05-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by daver
Looks like I have another Cub troll to deal with.

Yeah, just look as his handle.

The Score definitely has its pro-Sox personnel, but it cannot be called WSOX.

arneharris
05-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Sorry, I'm not a troll, seriously.

I meant for that to be under the "changing the media coverage" thread. This being in it's own thread really made it look trollish.

For someone to call the Score (and Mike North, especially) a major violator in the biased media of this town is way off base, though.

Daver
05-17-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by arneharris
Sorry, I'm not a troll, seriously.

The reason you are still posting here is because I am not yet convinced you are a troll,time will tell.

I split that thread off for the simple fact that it did not belong there.

arneharris
05-17-2003, 12:58 AM
I split that thread off for the simple fact that it did not belong there.

Did not my original quote come from the "changing the media...." thread? Anyway, starting it off with the "yawn" was in poor taste, I'll readily admit.

Admittedly a north sider, I really do like the pale hose, and have endearing memories from going to games as a kid (as shown in my "Favorite Sox memory" in the profile [remember that, BTW?]). I'll definitely watch my tone in the future.

Nellie_Fox
05-17-2003, 02:14 AM
There are only two ways you can think Mike North is a Sox fan.
1. You don't listen to Mike North.
2. You're a Cubs fan.

Hangar18
05-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Did not my original quote come from the "changing the media...." thread? Anyway, starting it off with the "yawn" was in poor taste, I'll readily admit.

Admittedly a north sider, I really do like the pale hose, and have endearing memories from going to games as a kid (as shown in my "Favorite Sox memory" in the profile [remember that, BTW?]). I'll definitely watch my tone in the future.

Ok Arnie. if your a Sox Fan....Who was on the Mound, when the SOX clinched the Division in 1993 ??

Hangar18
05-17-2003, 03:16 AM
Y A W N . . .

Let's break it down:
Murphy/Huebner - 50/50, but it's dominated by Murphy, so I'll go with 60/40 in favor of the Cubs.

Looks like WSOX to me.

I beg to differ. the "murph and fred" show is that stations bread and butter, and is merely a 4 hourCub Infomercial. "Fred" says nothing, and lets Murph use the entire morning, with use of the airwaves, microphones, fax machines, email, and all other equipment available to him at that station, as His Personal Cub Soapbox. "Fred" is NOT, I repeat, NOT a Sox Fan. Hes a Stooge the station set up as a Front in their Cub Laundering Scheme. Notice how he says nothing when Murph is talking, for 45 minutes at a time, on all things Cub? Does he mind (or interject) when Murph is mad about the previous nites cub loss, when he is Going Off ON a Tangent about how this "CITY deserves better from the CUbs" (excuse me Murph, your not speaking on my behalf, could he be more Presumptuous) I would have to say that the Cub Morning Show, starring Murph and some other guy who brings him his coffee and talks sometimes, is 98% Cub and Cub Related.
again....I beg to Differ. Listen to the show. On any Given Day. At any Given Hour when "THEY" are on. I dare you to even just pick any 15 minute Segment (Ive done it ....just to prove a point) and I can guarantee you......The Subject is CUB or Fuzzy and Blue related. Trust Me. Im Batting 1.000 on this one....

keaddy
05-17-2003, 06:19 AM
It's not just the amount of coverage the two teams get-it's that there's a whole difference in attitudes in approaching either team.Between KW and the Sox bunker mentality and the fact that the SCORE is barley listenable,from a sports perspective-here's what comes across on a daily basis.When the Sox are struggling-it's like blood in the water feeding frenzy.It's like a drug to these guys.When the cubs are struggling-it's in hushed-reverend tones.But you rarely hear them ripped apart from the Trib on down,like the Sox are.KW has a bullseye on him-most of the time-rightly so.When was the last time you heard Hendry ripped?Hell,I'll bet that most cub fans don't know who he is?!What doesn't help is that Sox management is so confrontational with these guys.They bring most of the bad blood themselves.But as far as talk radio-they hate the Sox.You ever hear them go on for days about all the crap the Trib is pulling with tickets-or half the other scams the Trib has goin'?No-you won't.
But let's face it-I'm grateful anytime they talk baseball.We get year long,everyday coverage of the Bears and the NBA.Plus,anything else nobody gives a crap about.But the bottom line is-it's talk radio.Where else could a jack-ass like North make millions?!If we gotta go there for Sox news-we're all in trouble................

K-Y

hose
05-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
There are only two ways you can think Mike North is a Sox fan.
1. You don't listen to Mike North.
2. You're a Cubs fan.

I remember North & Jiggets and Mike was a Sox fan.

I don't listen to North anymore ,so if he switch loyalties it was strictly for financial reasons.

MikeKreevich
05-17-2003, 08:29 AM
If you have listened to WSCR for any time you know their main topic of conversation is football. Their radio personalities include two former Bears. Mike Murphy is their baseball guy and he is, as already stated, all Cubs. Mike North, years ago, would cover the Sox as if he was passionate about them. He became a cub fan when he thought it was good for his career. I would like to see a former White Sox player hired to host a show, but it won't happen.

T Dog
05-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
If you have listened to WSCR for any time you know their main topic of conversation is football. Their radio personalities include two former Bears. Mike Murphy is their baseball guy and he is, as already stated, all Cubs. Mike North, years ago, would cover the Sox as if he was passionate about them. He became a cub fan when he thought it was good for his career. I would like to see a former White Sox player hired to host a show, but it won't happen.

Tom Paciorek.

DrCrawdad
05-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Y A W N . . .

What are you talking about? North is a Sox fan.

Let's break it down:

Boers/Bernstein - Sox. Bernstein's a Sox fan, Boers is not passionate either way, but probably seems to be more Cubs. I'd say 70/30 Sox.

North/Buffone - North is Sox all the way; Buffone is not native Chicago, but is a Sox fan for whatever reason.

Jiggets- not native, but a Sox fan.

J.Hood - Sox fan.
Lawrence Holmes - Sox fan.

Offman is the only update anchor I can think of who is all about the Cubs.
Looks like WSOX to me.

Doug Buffoon is a Sox fan? Buffoon drools constantly over the Cubs, including last year when they were terrible. If Buffoon knew anything about baseball he'd be dangerous.

Jiggets, he's a football guy and his show is bad. Dan is marginal Sox fan though.

What about ESPN 1000, the Sox home station? Grobstein, Jerko, Tinywit - Cub fans. Dan McNeil and TDub (a marginal Sox fan) are the lone Sox fan hosts.

Then there is WGN where the Sox are virtually never talked about.