PDA

View Full Version : What should we do with Buehrle?

Viva Magglio
05-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Many options are open here.

WinningUgly!
05-16-2003, 11:20 PM
:threadsucks

Viva Magglio
05-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
:threadsucks

Buehrle has the worst outing of his career, raising legitimate quesitons about how good he really is, and that's your attitude? What are you, head of the Mark Buehrle Ass Licking Society?

Bucktown
05-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Mark, don't walk...RUN...to Kenny Williams and ask him if that long term contract is still available.

Here is the key to turning down a big contract...DON'T PITCH LIKE ****.

thecell
05-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Buerhle tanking on purpose? Just thought I'd throw it out there...

WinningUgly!
05-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Buehrle has the worst outing of his career, raising legitimate quesitons about how good he really is, and that's your attitude? What are you, head of the Mark Buehrle Ass Licking Society?

Yes, he had the worst outing of his career tonight.
Yes, he is off to a sub-par start to the season.
Yes, I am worried about him.

I just think it's asinine to consider moving him out of the rotation. He's had some tough luck to start out the season, along with some control problems, but still had a 3.86 era heading into tonight's massacre. He's proven enough to me over the last 2 seasons to keep his spot in the rotation. This is pissing me off that I'm even discussing this. Who do you plan on sticking in his spot in the rotation? What are you, head of the Sky Is Falling Foundation?

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 12:39 AM
Don't talk bullpen or Charlotte. Keep him in the rotation. He's going to pitch out of this funk. Unless he's hurt then this is all about getting his pitches working. We went through it with Koch all ready and he seems to have ironed it out.

Buehrle has had 2 awful starts this season, 2 poor starts, 3 hard-luck losses and one no decision attributed to lack of run support or fielding, and 2 gems (his two wins). In all honesty he should be 3-5 at worst if the Sox could give him runs or play defense. I know his two bad outings have been awful (16 ER) but he hasn't pitched all that badly overall.

He was upset tonight in the dugout. I dunno if the contract he blew off is on his mind or no confidence to upset with his teammates, but he looked about ready to cry and was obviously very frustrated. He's no Jon Garland smugging it off, he wants to perform well. Give him a chance, I think he'll turn it around.

jeremyb1
05-17-2003, 12:59 AM
have some of you lost it completely? his era was 3.86 before tonight so he was pitching fine. there was no serious problem with his pitching prior to tonights game based on his numbers. now he has one bad start and you want to do something about it after he won 19 games last season?!?! i'm sorry but that is not a rational thought on any level. its just not.

WinningUgly!
05-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
have some of you lost it completely? his era was 3.86 before tonight so he was pitching fine. there was no serious problem with his pitching prior to tonights game based on his numbers. now he has one bad start and you want to do something about it after he won 19 games last season?!?! i'm sorry but that is not a rational thought on any level. its just not.

Amen!

Funny how the same people who make crap out of Jerry Manuel for his "tinkering", constantly want to bench, demote or trade players after a bad game or two.

Tragg
05-17-2003, 01:32 AM
I don't think that Viva was seriously suggesting that Burhle move out of the rotation - he's just razzing him. A much DESERVED heckling, I might add.
In the biggest game of the year he pitched like an absolute chump. He hasn't been particularly great all year. And then we had to put up with is off-season Tony Larusa ass kissing.
Buehrle deserves it.

ChiSoxBobette
05-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Many options are open here.

Lets face it the guy has made it know the last two off seasons that he does'nt want to be here. Maybe he thinks if he pitches bad enough he'll be in a cardinal uniform after the All-Star break.If the cardinals want him bad enough we should pull the trigger on the guy right now maybe we could get Vina & J.D.Drew for him. KW can't really beleive at this point with Judy Garland & Buehrle pitching like this we'll be in the race long. I think right now Buehrle has more attraction to some teams for a trade than Judy does. So pull the trigger & lets get it over with, or we can hope these two guys will come around and we're still close enough to make a run.
Go White Sox!

i_luv_jgarland
05-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I dunno if the contract he blew off is on his mind or no confidence to upset with his teammates, but he looked about ready to cry and was obviously very frustrated. He's no Jon Garland smugging it off, he wants to perform well.

First of all... What is with you people!?!? Is ANYONE good enough for your precious Sox?? MB has one terrible game (albeit the worst game of his career), and you're ready to trade him or send him to CHARLOTTE!?!?! I'm guessing most of you were in the RAH RAH BUERHLE camp last year when he was our ace pitcher... You call yourselves Sox fans, but which of the Sox are do you actually LIKE!?!?

Secondly... everybody deals with disappointment a little differently MHOUSE... Maybe Garland just doens't think that crying in front of thousands of baseball fans is the way to go.

i_luv_jgarland
05-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Amen!

Funny how the same people who make crap out of Jerry Manuel for his "tinkering", constantly want to bench, demote or trade players after a bad game or two.

Yeah... what he said.

MHOUSE
05-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland
First of all... What is with you people!?!? Is ANYONE good enough for your precious Sox?? MB has one terrible game (albeit the worst game of his career), and you're ready to trade him or send him to CHARLOTTE!?!?! I'm guessing most of you were in the RAH RAH BUERHLE camp last year when he was our ace pitcher... You call yourselves Sox fans, but which of the Sox are do you actually LIKE!?!?

Um....yeah if you're going to quote my post then respond to what I said. I said to keep him in the rotation and stop talking all this AAA and trade crap. I am in the rah rah Mark Buehrle club and I want him to perform well and I think he will. I like that he is upset after the worst outing of his career. He should be. I hate how Garland routinely gives up 5 ER and just lazes back in the dugout with that smirk on his face. Rip what I said if you want, but don't quote me and then rant about something I didn't say. Thanks! :smile:

i_luv_jgarland
05-17-2003, 11:47 AM
)Uh.. SORRY.

I was responding to the thread in general... and THEN responding to you. Maybe I should respond in two different threads next time so you don't get confused.

I'm just playin'... :D: