PDA

View Full Version : Homerun porch

Blueprint1
05-16-2003, 04:21 PM
If they build that home run porch in the future I hope that they put the old arches in the back of it like they had at old comiskey. I was looking at some pictures of old comiskey and the think I liked most about it was the old arched windows around the stadium. Wouldn't it be great if they could add this to the improved Sox park.

34 Inch Stick
05-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Take the columns from Soldier Field under cover of night. They look completely out of place with that new stadium. It still will probably be a great place to watch a game.

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
If they build that home run porch in the future I hope that they put the old arches in the back of it like they had at old comiskey. I was looking at some pictures of old comiskey and the think I liked most about it was the old arched windows around the stadium. Wouldn't it be great if they could add this to the improved Sox park.

The Arches in old Comiskey are probably the MOST RECOGNIZED FEATURE (along with the OLD Scoreboard) of any Stadium Built in the 20th Century. Amazing as it seems, the White Sox were quick to Ignore this when building the new Comiskey. Makes you wonder doesnt it who was Asleep At The Wheel.

Hullett_Fan
05-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Arches in old Comiskey are probably the MOST RECOGNIZED FEATURE (along with the OLD Scoreboard) of any Stadium Built in the 20th Century. Amazing as it seems, the White Sox were quick to Ignore this when building the new Comiskey. Makes you wonder doesnt it who was Asleep At The Wheel.

:gallas

"zzzzzzzz....snore.....zzzzzz"