PDA

View Full Version : Magglio Boasts

fquaye149
05-16-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't know if anyone else said anything about this, but if you look at the writeup for last night's game on espn.com Magglio was talking about getting drilled by julio and he said something like, "i'm the best player on the team so they hit me." Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but doesn't that seem out of character for Maggs to say something like that?

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 03:48 PM
No it doesnt sound like boasting. But I'll be there was a lot of comments before that statement, and the media just made it sound like that....

Juan Pizarro
05-16-2003, 04:00 PM
The truth is its own best defense, i.e., it ain't braggin' if it's a fact.

RKMeibalane
05-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Magglio Ordonez is the best player on this team, so I don't think he was boasting when he made that comment. Besides, I think Hangar is right. The media probably wants to make Magglio look bad, so they didn't include the full quote. He may have just said that because he was using himself as an example, in order to explain why he was hit.

ShoelessFred
05-16-2003, 04:04 PM
it looks like they may be moving from thomas to ordonez. it would be even worse if they did because magglio doesn't speak english very well

Viva Magglio
05-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
it looks like they may be moving from thomas to ordonez. it would be even worse if they did because magglio doesn't speak english very well

Actually, Mágglio speaks English much better than he lets on. He is the best player on this team, and in this town for that matter. I only saw the quote in the paper but did not hear or see of any negative reaction to it. I think the media generally believes that Mágglio is good enough to call himself the best player on the team.

ChiSoxBobette
05-17-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Actually, Mágglio speaks English much better than he lets on. He is the best player on this team, and in this town for that matter. I only saw the quote in the paper but did not hear or see of any negative reaction to it. I think the media generally believes that Mágglio is good enough to call himself the best player on the team.

Maggs is the best kept secret in Chicago as far as baseball is concerned. If he plyed somewhere else the guy would own the city he was in but because he plays in flubland USA he's never noticed by the media in his own town. The rest of the baseball media in other city's must be amazed. Look at Cincy they were trying to deal Griffey Jr. to us for who - MAGGS , they probably thought becuase Maggs' own city pays no attention to him that we would jump at getting a broken down Griffey Jr., WRONG!

GO WHITE SOX!