PDA

View Full Version : Twins Roadtrip this weekend 5/16

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
A number of us SOX fans are meeting in the Metrodome Concourse, wherever behind Home Plate would be by 4:30pm
tomorrow Saturday. If anyone is thinking of coming up, thats the place to meet. We'll have a giant "SOX" flag with us to distinguish us from Twinkie fans ...Im going to Have on my Road Grey "KONERKO" OR my Black "22" jersey. I guess this is a Roll Call. who's coming, where you going to be? My groups leaving 5am Sat AM.

Juan Pizarro
05-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Sad I won't be there. I've invaded the MetroHump many times, especially when I lived in Eau Claire.

I posted this elsewhere, but thought it might be of use here for anyone going who doesn't have tix yet....

The Metrodome is indeed a terrible place for baseball, but there IS a spot that's nice to watch the game from.
It's not really public knowledge, but the Twins often group out-of-towners who ask in a special section right near the Sox bullpen down the first-base line. We sat in the front row there right after the All-Star break in 2000, and there were a lot of fellow Soxers there.
We got autographs from Howry, Foulke and Garland, who had just been called up. Our 10-month-old son was on Fox Sports Net sleeping in his mom's arms. (Of course, he was wearing a mini-Sox uni).
After the game, Art Kuysner saw us in our Sox gear and tossed us a ball.
It'd be worth your effort trying to get down there. I'm sorry I can't recall the section number, but if you ask at the MAIN ticket window for the "visitors section in right," they might help you out.

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Sad I won't be there. I've invaded the MetroHump many times, especially when I lived in Eau Claire.

I posted this elsewhere, but thought it might be of use here for anyone going who doesn't have tix yet....

The Metrodome is indeed a terrible place for baseball, but there IS a spot that's nice to watch the game from.
It's not really public knowledge, but the Twins often group out-of-towners who ask in a special section right near the Sox bullpen down the first-base line. We sat in the front row there right after the All-Star break in 2000, and there were a lot of fellow Soxers there.
We got autographs from Howry, Foulke and Garland, who had just been called up. Our 10-month-old son was on Fox Sports Net sleeping in his mom's arms. (Of course, he was wearing a mini-Sox uni).
After the game, Art Kuysner saw us in our Sox gear and tossed us a ball.
It'd be worth your effort trying to get down there. I'm sorry I can't recall the section number, but if you ask at the MAIN ticket window for the "visitors section in right," they might help you out.

Thanks Juan for the INFO!!! Im going to order tix now down there

whitesoxwilkes
05-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
A number of us SOX fans are meeting in the Metrodome Concourse, wherever behind Home Plate would be by 4:30pm
tomorrow Saturday. If anyone is thinking of coming up, thats the place to meet. We'll have a giant "SOX" flag with us to distinguish us from Twinkie fans ...Im going to Have on my Road Grey "KONERKO" OR my Black "22" jersey. I guess this is a Roll Call. who's coming, where you going to be? My groups leaving 5am Sat AM.

Hangar, you already know we're there. Our flight leaves at 9, we'll beat you guys there. : )

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey Frhghersds?? are you out there? Get In touch......
WERE COMING

TornLabrum
05-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Jeff (my son) and I will be at the game tomorrow. If we don't catch you behind the plate, we'll be in Sec. 121, Row 33, Seats 1-2.

Hangar18
05-17-2003, 02:28 AM
Torn, we'll see ya in a few hours....
everyone else for that matter....

hose
05-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Hangar hopefully you had car problems and didn't get into Minnesota until today (Sat.) .hehehehe

You can go out and buy a Anahiem Mighty Duck sweater for tonight's game. :D: