PDA

View Full Version : My god the Brewers suck.

cheeses_h_rice
05-15-2003, 05:52 PM
0-4 against the Flubs this series.

Pathetic.

LuvSox
05-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Do they have anybody, besides Royce, that we can trade for? How is Sexson doing? If Konerko (hopefully not) continues to slide.......

MHOUSE
05-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Do they have anybody, besides Royce, that we can trade for? How is Sexson doing? If Konerko (hopefully not) continues to slide.......

Sexson is leading the majors in homeruns IIRC. He was 0-7 with 5K today though. I doubt they would part with him, he and Jenkins are the franchise.

I like the Brewers' ace Ben Sheets. 4-3 with a 4.19 ERA. He's really good and duelled up there with Wood today. Todd Wellemeyer struck out the side to get a save in his MLB debut. Wow what a moment. Royce is 0efer twenty something vs. the flubs this season. He's back to his old self after a hot start. Nice leaping catch to save the game though, Jenkins had a nice catch too in LF.

You can't say the Cubs aren't a good team. They're 5-0 in extra innings this season and have found a way to win close games and not give up leads. They've been overcome from a lead like once I think. They're playing good baseball and even the biggest Cubbie haters have to admit that.

cheeses_h_rice
05-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Royce is 0efer twenty something vs. the flubs this season. He's back to his old self after a hot start.

:hitless

Hey, if it cheeses off the Sox fans, I'll do it! Whatever it takes, mang!

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 06:42 PM
I'll admit nothing. They beat a AAA team today. and it took
them 16 innings to do it? Terrible. Media will make it look
sensational tomorrow though....

Vsahajpal
05-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I'll admit nothing. They beat a AAA team today. and it took
them 16 innings to do it? Terrible. Media will make it look
sensational tomorrow though....

Considering for the first 9 innings, the Cubs were fielding a team that wouldn't beat the Newark Bears of the Independent Atlantic League, it was a good win. Wood being the lone exception, maybe Alou.

If Baker ever, ever pencils in that lineup again, he should be fired on the spot. Ridiculous.

Foulke You
05-15-2003, 06:49 PM
I caught an inning of today's flub/brew game and did anyone else hear Chip Carey take a verbal shot at Royce and the Sox? When Royce struck out in the 14th inning to go 0 for 5 for the day, Chip responded by saying "It's like he never left the South Side".
While I can't deny that Royce looked just like he did with the Sox and we all enjoy fun at Choice's expense, can you imagine the firestorm if Hawk said something about an ex Cub like this?

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I caught an inning of today's flub/brew game and did anyone else hear Chip Carey take a verbal shot at Royce and the Sox? When Royce struck out in the 14th inning to go 0 for 5 for the day, Chip responded by saying "It's like he never left the South Side".
While I can't deny that Royce looked just like he did with the Sox and we all enjoy fun at Choice's expense, can you imagine the firestorm if Hawk said something about an ex Cub like this?

I had the pleasure of Not watching this game. It sounds like he took a little poke at what he was like when he was with the Sox, and not necessarily a dig at Sox Fans.
Chip though he doesnt admit it, watches the Sox players, so hes qualified to comment on them here and there. I just hate how every time a cub bat touches a ball, its a SMASH!! or a SHOT TO LEFT!! or this ones the best THERES A HOT SHOT!! His buffoonery in the Booth takes away from the fact hes not too bad with his baseball knowledge.

Daver
05-15-2003, 07:03 PM
I had the pleasure of Not watching this game. It sounds like he took a little poke at what he was like when he was with the Sox, and not necessarily a dig at Sox Fans.
Chip though he doesnt admit it, watches the Sox players, so hes qualified to comment on them here and there. I just hate how every time a cub bat touches a ball, its a SMASH!! or a SHOT TO LEFT!! or this ones the best THERES A HOT SHOT!! His buffoonery in the Booth takes away from the fact hes not too bad with his baseball knowledge.

You need to learn how to spell it correctly;

Chimp Carey

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
The Brewers Suck. From Parent club to all 3 levels of their Minor League system. Awful. This IS a team that should be Folded also in my grand master plan. "But what about that 550 Million Stadium with the squeaky roof they just built??" Id give the Twins a reprieve (despite the monumental Prior gaffe) and have them Move to Milwaukee. Milwaukee fans miss their Braves so much? Go cheer for Atlantas Braves then. The Twins would remain in the AL Central and would be in Milwaukee now. AL Milwaukee fans would certainly like this. They get 1. Better Team 2. AL team

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by daver
You need to learn how to spell it correctly;

Chimp Carey

heh heh

Foulke You
05-15-2003, 07:05 PM

Agreed. I guess picturing snickering Cub fans at the Chipster's comments fueled my anger.

You are dead on about Chip too. It's a "SWUNG ON AND BELTED!" for any line drive or deep fly ball. And my personal favorite memory of hearing Chip Carey called a bouncing foul ball (I'm not kidding here) "Skip to my lou my darling!" I've heard Chip being interviewed on the Score and you are correct that he knows the game, he just has a terrible broadcast style.

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Agreed. I guess picturing snickering Cub fans at the Chipster's comments fueled my anger.

You are dead on about Chip too. It's a "SWUNG ON AND BELTED!" for any line drive or deep fly ball. And my personal favorite memory of hearing Chip Carey called a bouncing foul ball (I'm not kidding here) "Skip to my lou my darling!" I've heard Chip being interviewed on the Score and you are correct that he knows the game, he just has a terrible broadcast style.

I picture the "nanny's" character in Spinal Tap, where she tells Nigel Tufnel "You....Dont Talk", Could work with Chimp Caray too

Rocklive99
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Did anyone see that one catch by Royce during extras. It was a preaty nice catch, it looked like a sure single and Royce jumped and robbed it with 2 outs and a runner on 3rd. It saved the game for then, maybe a Web Gem.

MHOUSE
05-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
Did anyone see that one catch by Royce during extras. It was a preaty nice catch, it looked like a sure single and Royce jumped and robbed it with 2 outs and a runner on 3rd. It saved the game for then, maybe a Web Gem.

I saw it. GREAT catch. He maybe be clubhouse cancer and a bad hitter, but he's great in the field. Saved the game.

Chip Carey is a dope and their radio crew isn't much better. I hate how everytime a guy comes to the plate Chip is begging for a homer. "Well it's 5-0 St. Louis boy we sure could use a long one here." or "Cubs down 5-4, runner on third no outs. We need a dinger right here." Come on. Every ball is either SMOKED or a HOT SHOT or WAY BACK or DEEP TO LEFT. A hit's not really a hit unless it leaves the park to Chip. What a joke.

T Dog
05-15-2003, 10:57 PM
The Brewers Suck. From Parent club to all 3 levels of their Minor League system. Awful. This IS a team that should be Folded also in my grand master plan. "But what about that 550 Million Stadium with the squeaky roof they just built??" Id give the Twins a reprieve (despite the monumental Prior gaffe) and have them Move to Milwaukee. Milwaukee fans miss their Braves so much? Go cheer for Atlantas Braves then. The Twins would remain in the AL Central and would be in Milwaukee now. AL Milwaukee fans would certainly like this. They get 1. Better Team 2. AL team

This idea actually was floating around the sports department of a suburban Milwaukee newspaper within a day or two of the Twins-contraction. The sportswriter talked to me about it, but I don't recall if it ever found its way into print.

The team in Milwaukee would be called the Brewers, though. The Twins are the Twins as the team from the Twin Cities. They were the Senators when they were in Washington but didn't take their name with them.

Tragg
05-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE

You can't say the Cubs aren't a good team.

Oh, sure we can say it. Whether it is true or not is another matter What IS true is that they've played a ridiculously easy schedule thusfar - half of their games have been against the woeful central (and I don't think they've played the 2nd place central team yet) and I think they've had a full padres as well.

doublem23
05-15-2003, 11:36 PM
I'm willing to admit the Cubs are a better team than I orginally gave them credit for. However, much like the Royals, they are playing over their heads. Patterson with 33 RBIs? Grudzielanek hitting in the .300s? Andy Gonzalez slugging in the .400s?

That and yes, their schedule has been ridiculously easy. The whole National League is a bit weaker than the American... Or at least, its a little more balanced.

The Cubs could be a pretty solid team in a couple of years, but I'm willing to bet that a couple of those pitchers' arms will fall off. Wood 141 and 120 pitches in his last two starts? It begins.

cheeses_h_rice
05-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I still refuse to believe that a team with Troy O'Leary and Lenny Harris will finish in first place.

<Principal Skinner>Prove me wrong, children....prove me wrong.</Principal Skinner>

LuvSox
05-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Man o man, I feel a Cubbie rant coming on :angry: ......... No, nevermind. It was gas.