PDA

View Full Version : Is Garland the next Navarro

Risk
05-15-2003, 04:29 PM
I know that this may seem like a scary thought---but could Judy Garland be the next Jaime Navarro?

Even though Garland is younger and wasn't a "veteran" pitcher like Fat Jaime, the similarities in bad attitude and performance are close. :angry: :angry:

doublem23
05-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Other than his criticism of fans booing, I don't ever remember Garland having a "bad" attitude. Actually, everytime I see him at the park before games he's usually signing balls and goofing around with his teammates, hardly Navarro-esque.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Not even close. I don't know what Garland is like in the clubhouse, but Navarro was a CANCER, without a doubt. The other thing that really bites at Sox fans, is that he was the big pitching signing. Garland was traded for Karchner (who sucked at the time anyway), so there will never be that taint against Garland. Many fans cite Navarro as Uncle Jerry's unwillingness to sign a big name pitcher due to that debacle, which only adds to Jaime's sad reputation with Sox fans.

Garland is acting like a tool of late, but he has a LONG way to go to get to a Navarro-esque level of hatred.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 04:54 PM
This is not a fair comparison. Garland has not pitched well this season, but he's nowhere near as bad as Navarro was. Until Jon makes a comment about not being able to hit, I don't think it's right to compare him with someone who had no business wearing a Major League uniform.

hold2dibber
05-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Risk
I know that this may seem like a scary thought---but could Judy Garland be the next Jaime Navarro?

Even though Garland is younger and wasn't a "veteran" pitcher like Fat Jaime, the similarities in bad attitude and performance are close. :angry: :angry:

Why do you say Garland has a bad attitude?

And his performance isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as Navarro's. Garland has been bad this year, but he was at least serviceable last year (fine for a no. 5 starter).

Plus, the Sox didn't forego signing Roger Clemens in order to sign Garland.

Plus, the Sox aren't paying him big money.

In short, the answer to your question is a resounding "no".

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Navarro sure is ripped here a lot. I do remember I went to a game in old Tiger Stadium. Before the Game, Navarro was tossing baseballs to Sox Fans in the LF stands... I thought that
was pretty cool. He threw one to me, and I actually dropped it
back onto the field, about 100 sox fans playfully booed me, and he came over and gave the ball back to me.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Navarro sure is ripped here a lot. I do remember I went to a game in old Tiger Stadium. Before the Game, Navarro was tossing baseballs to Sox Fans in the LF stands... I thought that
was pretty cool. He threw one to me, and I actually dropped it
back onto the field, about 100 sox fans playfully booed me, and he came over and gave the ball back to me.

That is the first good thing I have ever read, seen, or heard about from Jaime Navarro. Everything else I have ever seen about this guy screams ***hole. Maybe he isn't such a bad guy.

Just kidding Hangar. You may be among the few Sox fans that have a good thing to say about Jaime. Glad you got a ball.

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
That is the first good thing I have ever read, seen, or heard about from Jaime Navarro. Everything else I have ever seen about this guy screams ***hole. Maybe he isn't such a bad guy.

Just kidding Hangar. You may be among the few Sox fans that have a good thing to say about Jaime. Glad you got a ball.

He Is a Nice Guy. He just sucked as a pitcher. Like I said, the throwing baseballs to the SOX Fans In Detroit was pretty darn cool I thought. He saw all of us there, he knew a Majority of the people drove a long way to see the Good Guys in Black. He was the only one BY THE WAY who did that. The rest of the players just kept warming up, though they acknowledged the really Large AMount of Sox Fans there. Just thought Id put this out there, he wasnt all that bad. And personally, the ONE GAME I REALLY WANTED HIM TO WIN...was at Wrigley, and Every Sox Fan (though we knew deep down he wasnt that good) Just Cheered him on and just kept on him that game. That was kind of amazing and pretty cool. And he DIDNT have his best stuff at all (when did he ever?) but you know what.......MAN DID HE BATTLE HIS ASS OFF. Sox Fans were clearly outnumbered...but when it became Apparent He could WIN that game, Man, he DIDNT let go. Thats the only game I was that Proud of him. Probably because it led TO THE SWEEP OF THE CUBS >>>>>>YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOARRDDD
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
so Jaime, yeah, you werent too good over here, but you BEAT THE CUBS and your OK IN MY BOOK heh heh

MarqSox
05-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
He Is a Nice Guy. He just sucked as a pitcher.

I wouldn't go that far ... 1 positive account compared to infinite negative accounts doesn't exactly change my mind.