PDA

View Full Version : Right now.... Crede is the worst hitter !

South Sider
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Right now if Crede goes to the batters box it is a sure out for the Sox !

Isn't it time to sit Crede for Graffanino or
to put him in the #9 spot ????

His defense is great....bur right now we need some more offense.
He costs us some insurance runs yesterday by not doing his job

Let's give Graff some more playing time

My wishlist for tonights game

1. Jimenez
2. Valentin
3. Thomas
4. Ordonez
5. Lee
6. Daubach
7. Rios
8. Olivio
9. Graffanino

Let's go for the sweep !!!!!!

And please remember the fundementals !!!

What do you guys think?

MarkEdward
05-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Here's a platton idea. Start Crede and Graffanino against lefties. Against righties, start Graffanino and Valentin. Valentin can't hit lefties anyway, and Crede can gain some confidence back.

alohafri
05-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Crede is throwing the best leather on the team right now (except for Billy Koch when he gets pulled). You have to keep him on the field just for that.

MHOUSE
05-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Here's a platton idea. Start Crede and Graffanino against lefties. Against righties, start Graffanino and Valentin. Valentin can't hit lefties anyway, and Crede can gain some confidence back.

Not a bad idea. Crede needs to look at tape of his swing when he started so hot. Now it's long and slow and he can't hit at all. His defense is good, but hasn't been stellar. Then again nobody's has. He had better live up to some of his hype.

TheBigHurt
05-15-2003, 02:40 PM
I never thought Id ever see Crede's avg. get below 280 in his all of his carrer.....HOPE he doesnt prove me wrong a 2nd time BE GOOD

SoxxoS
05-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Not a bad idea. Crede needs to look at tape of his swing when he started so hot. Now it's long and slow and he can't hit at all. His defense is good, but hasn't been stellar. Then again nobody's has. He had better live up to some of his hype.

Don't worry. Gary Ward has got a handle on it.

ChiSoxBobette
05-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Don't worry. Gary Ward has got a handle on it.

Who Has A Handle On It. Time to cut Ward Loose. Credes guy in the minors was Greg Walker its time we give him a shot at it. The last few games one of our hottest hitters is Big Frank and guess what he does'nt even ask Ward what time it is, Frank has his own hitting instructor. So whats that tell you about Gary Ward.

HEY KW GIVE GREG WALKER A CHANCE , HE COULD'NT DO ANY WORSE THAN GARY WARD!

GO WHITE SOX!

:?: -GARY WARD

fquaye149
05-15-2003, 04:34 PM
i'm of the belief that you have to let crede work his way out of this. It's a long season and he's going to start hitting. Just three or four weeks ago he was tearing up the league. Based on what you know about Joe what do you think is the anomaly - the hot hitting or the slump he's going through now? I think Crede belongs in the .280 range and that he's a good hitter with good pop so the longer you keep him in the batting order the sooner he will snap out of the funk. maybe he could benefit from hitting lower in the order to see better pitches, but knowing manuel, the batting order is set in stone unless he thinks his job is on the line, so it's doubtful that will happen. I just don't like the idea of giving up on Crede because a.) it could end up like koch almost did, ruining a promising prospect and erasing any trade value. b.) iit weakens our already questionable defense.

South Sider
05-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by South Sider
Right now if Crede goes to the batters box it is a sure out for the Sox !

Isn't it time to sit Crede for Graffanino or
to put him in the #9 spot ????

His defense is great....bur right now we need some more offense.
He costs us some insurance runs yesterday by not doing his job

Let's give Graff some more playing time

Wow! The Sox got the sweep vs the O's!
But still......Crede sucks
0 for nothing at the plate (plus a GIDP with bases loaded no outs)

The Sox play a little better right now, but there are still some questionmarks about their hitting.

At least Thomas,Paulie and Lee are back on track

But Crede and now Jose are very weak spots right now

If they want to start a long winning streak they have to bench Crede right now or drop him to the 9th spot and/or let Graff play.

The Sox can't afford to have that weak spot in their lineup.
Otherwise the winning streak will come to an end in Twinkietown

Nellie_Fox
05-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
knowing manuel, the batting order is set in stone unless he thinks his job is on the line It gets so confusing on this board sometimes. Is the lineup set in stone, or is he the tinkerer?

Hullett_Fan
05-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Can Miles play 3B or is his arm too weak???

He's tearing it up in Charlotte and yes, Crede can't hit for (expletive).

Need to have him work out the kinks down in Charlotte. We're going to need all the O we can get againt Minny, and especially when the schedule gets tough next month. Can't imagine how bad Crede will look vs. Schilling, Johnson, Kevin Brown, Kerry Wood, Jesus Prior.....

soxnut
05-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
Crede is throwing the best leather on the team right now (except for Billy Koch when he gets pulled). You have to keep him on the field just for that.
:hawk
you're dadgum right he is!

He's the only one on the infield I don't freak out about when he handles the ball ----- leave him alone. The other guys need to step up their o and keep it consistent. Crede's o is icing on the cake. :smile:

MHOUSE
05-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Crede is great defensively and he will start hitting. He tore it up to start the season and he's just slumping right now. Lee is back on track and Maggs has been good all along. Thomas has been htting the last few games and PK is slowing coming out of it which is nice to see as well. If we can get Crede on track and Olivo hitting consistently then all we need is a CF.

harwar
05-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Joe is at a really delicate stage right now.Hes' done with A-ball after tearing up down there.Now he has to prove that he can hit big league pitchers.Letting guys work thru their slumps is usually the right thing but right now,Crede goes up to the plate to make an out.He needs a mentor.A guy like Robin Ventura would be perfect but JR decided that we just didn't need him around.Mores the pity...

RKMeibalane
05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Joe is at a really delicate stage right now.Hes' done with A-ball after tearing up down there.Now he has to prove that he can hit big league pitchers.Letting guys work thru their slumps is usually the right thing but right now,Crede goes up to the plate to make an out.He needs a mentor.A guy like Robin Ventura would be perfect but JR decided that we just didn't need him around.Mores the pity...

I miss Ventura. It's a shame he's playing for the Yankees. He belongs on the South Side, where his career began. I wasn't a Sox fan when Ventura first came up, but I can remember watching several games that he played in. I'm sure most people here remember the night Frank hoisted him up after he hit a grand slam to win a game.

fquaye149
05-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It gets so confusing on this board sometimes. Is the lineup set in stone, or is he the tinkerer?

he tinkers with who starts, but if you tyhink about it the lineup is pretty much set. if graff plays for jimenez he'll bat 1st. if he plays for valentin he'll bat 2nd. if he plays for crede he'll bat 7th. same with sandy and olivo. at the beginning of the year when thomas couldn't get a hit to save his life he was batting 3rd the whole time. save one game when he hit second, he has hit 3rd the whole year. same with magglio and 4th. unless daubach subs for him, in which case DAUBACH hits 4th of all people. you see what i was saying?

wassagstdu
05-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Anybody else think maybe Crede needs glasses? He squints at the pitcher -- and hits .175 higher days than nights. Also, is it my imagination or are teams bunting at Crede a lot?